So Much for "In Marv We trust"....

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This draft, with so many possibilities, has been totally wasted by a former HC who should have stayed retired......

Why do I keep hearing Jets fans laughing.......

Marv - Go back to Chicago, sit by the lake, and learn to feed the birds. At all, that's who your first day picks were for anyway....

676544[/snapback]

WTF?! :) Wait, you call yourself and Ohio Bills fan and yet hate the two Buckeyes we took? :devil:

Did you watch any of their games?

I'm confused. (Which is easy for me) Wasn't one of our biggest weaknesses the OL? Yes the DL was weak also, but no OL in the first 3 rounds? Come on even the most optimistic of you have to at least question that. Here's hoping day 2 brings WM some help. If not, then here's hoping our new D can pitch a lot of shutouts.

677200[/snapback]

I have to agree. That's why I'm so depressed tonight. Not really about the picks we got - these guys may be great. And I'm sure they'll fit into our team and produce. However, were there NO first day offensive linemen worth taking? I would feel so much better if we'd have taken at least one guy for the O line. I understand he may not contribute next year and all, but if anything, it at least shows that we understand the problems on this team and are willing to try and fix it. Now, maybe we'll take 3 OL guys tomorrow and then I'll change my opinion. But for now, I'm in my all to familiar Bills mode - crossing my fingers and hoping things work out. I guess I just saw us as having the 8th pick and then so many others that we'd of had at least one new guy with alot of promise on the OLine to develop y now.

So, here I sit still in wait and see mode - fingers crossed on one hand; beer firmly grasped in the other. In Marv I do trust. But, for the first time this off season, I'm a little concerned.

This is correct.

To all those of you who are complaining about the Bill's draft, please try to follow this:

You are complaining that the Bills drafted badly today, not because the players they drafted won't turn out well (afterall, as you admit, no one knows how these players will turn out), but because the players did not represent "good value." In other words, the Bills could have had the same players by trading down.

Well, actually, that is not my complaint at all. I have no problem with the players that the Bills drafted...hell, if they turn out to be good, I don't even care where they drafted them. My only complaint is that we lost a draft pick in the first three rounds, to draft 2 players far ahead of their projected place, and did not address our biggest, most galring problem, offensive line. My hunch is that the Bills had Huff targeted for their #8 pick, and the Raiders threw them off their game, by picking him, instead of Leinart. They knew they wanted and needed a safety, and Whitner was their next guy.

I just can't help but feel that the Bills wasted a third round pick, by picking McCargo as high as they did. It just seems to me they were stuck in a game plan, and didn't know how to adjust on the fly, when things didn't go the way they expected.

Ironically, Youboty seems like the best pick of the three, based on value. Only problem is, his "value" is diminished somewhat by the fact that corner was not exactly the most pressing need for the Bills. Could a second day deal involving Nate Clements be in the works?

Guest BackInDaDay

Levy & Co. drafted the players we need without much concern over the minutia fans get caught up in. They're building a football team. Their efforts will be judged on gameday - not by a reality show tribe or real estate mogul.

how do you diss marv when you do not know his "whole plan"...you do not get all of your players in the draft...there is still the june cuts pickups free agency..marv addressed the oline just the other day with a guard that started 16 games last season ,plus playoffs.looks to me he is drafting defense and when he got hired at his press conference he stated that the defense would be 1st....in marv i do trust

Levy & Co. drafted the players we need without much concern over the minutia fans get caught up in.  They're building a football team.  Their efforts will be judged on gameday - not by a reality show tribe or real estate mogul.

677335[/snapback]

You are right. They got the exact three guys they wanted, might as well pass on round 4 through 7, since Marv & Co. seemed to feel that they had addressed all of their needs. I mean, this team is so good now, on paper, we really didn't need that second third round pick...the Bears seem like a nice bunch of guys, why not let them have the rest of our picks...

:)

I actually went to NC State and watched McCargo play. He NEVER takes a down off, unlike Ngata, who couldn't even beat guards in the upper levels of the PAC-10. McCargo was consistently good against teams like Florida State, Virginia Tech, Miami, and against Virginia's Ferguson who was taken 4th. It cost us almost nothing to move up and get him (the second rounder we would have used on him anywayand a third rounder) and he would have been gone. Futhermore, Safety and CB were positions the Bills needed to draft. Clements is probably not going to sign a long term deal, and we lost Milloy to FA. This is a GOOD draft. McCargo will start this year and I guarantee he'll be better than Ngata over the long haul.

Go Sabres!!