FIRST OVERALL PICK IS SUPER MARIO

Kmac

ESPN News reporting Williams and Texans have agreed to terms.

673479[/snapback]

Guess Adam Schefter is not a complete idiot after all... :D

Got to give credit where it is due...Schefter said this was a strong possibility over a week ago...A few around here (and everywhere for that matter) said he was an idiot when he Reported it...Even though Casserly confirmed the Report the next day...

Looks like Schefter got this one 100% right... :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll regret this.

They're still getting a great player...but skipping Bush will come back to haunt them.

673491[/snapback]

Yup. The Eagles heard the same when McNabb was picked over Ricky Williams.

The fans always know better. They're experts in shiny objects and name recognition.

Now the Jets, who covet Bush, will trade up get the successor to Martin.

673492[/snapback]

Exactly...NO will get a few offers...but if they get a high second and the 4th pick they still get who they want (Brick) and pick up a second..what a stroke of luck for NO....

HOU Mario

Jets Reggie

Titans Young

NO Brick

Pack Hawk

9ers Davis

Raiders Huff

Bills (Trade down with Cards or Rams--whoever wants Leinert more)

Lions ?

We still end up with Ngata plus probably pick up a 3rd...

They'll regret this.

They're still getting a great player...but skipping Bush will come back to haunt them.

673491[/snapback]

I don't think they'll regret this at all. Williams will be a better player than Bush and it fills a position of need. I might be the only guy on the planet that thinks Bush is going to struggle as a RB in the NFL. I've yet to see him run effectively between the tackles and his typical run-toward-the-sideline-on-every-single-play style won't work nearly as well in the NFL. He'll be effective if teams use him out of the backfield in the passing game but I don't see how one can justify using the first pick on a guy that's going to see, maybe, 15 touches a game.

HOU Mario

Jets Reggie

Titans Young

NO Brick

Pack Hawk

9ers Davis

Raiders Huff

Bills (Trade down with Cards or Rams--whoever wants Leinert more)

Lions ?

This is WONDERFUL news. Cards will want Leinart more, but the Lions will be salivating (they have Kitna-McCown) so the Bills could allow the Cards to trade up and steal Leinart. For a drop from #8 to #9, we'd get a late 3rd or early 4th, and we's have our choice of Ngata Bunkley.

I don't think they'll regret this at all.  Williams will be a better player than Bush and it fills a position of need.  I might be the only guy on the planet that thinks Bush is going to struggle as a RB in the NFL.  I've yet to see him run effectively between the tackles and his typical run-toward-the-sideline-on-every-single-play style won't work nearly as well in the NFL.  He'll be effective if teams use him out of the backfield in the passing game but I don't see how one can justify using the first pick on a guy that's going to see, maybe, 15 touches a game.

673508[/snapback]

If Warrick Dunn can get 20 touches a game, so can Bush, and he should be even more effective than Dunn with those twenty touches. I tend to agree with you that Bush isn't worth the #1 overall, but I don't think he's going to "struggle" at all.

Exactly...NO will get a few offers...but if they get a high second and the 4th pick they still get who they want (Brick) and pick up a second..what a stroke of luck for NO....

HOU  Mario

Jets  Reggie

Titans Young

NO    Brick

Pack  Hawk

9ers  Davis

Raiders Huff

Bills  (Trade down with Cards or Rams--whoever wants Leinert more)

Lions ?

673504[/snapback]

If the Saints can trade down, they'll probably take Hawk.

This is WONDERFUL news. Cards will want Leinart more, but the Lions will be salivating (they have Kitna-McCown) so the Bills could allow the Cards to trade up and steal Leinart. For a drop from #8 to #9, we'd get a late 3rd or early 4th, and we's have our choice of Ngata Bunkley.

673510[/snapback]

This probably makes the trade to get us back in the first round at the Bears pick...we package the pick we get in this transaction with our second and voila-- we move up....This could be really interesting....

If the Saints can trade down, they'll probably take Hawk.

673514[/snapback]

Just going by what their beat writer for the New Orleans T-P said on ESPN Radio today--they had narrowed the board to Brick and Williams...but Hawk would be a good fit as well.

If Warrick Dunn can get 20 touches a game, so can Bush, and he should be even more effective than Dunn with those twenty touches.  I tend to agree with you that Bush isn't worth the #1 overall, but I don't think he's going to "struggle" at all.

673513[/snapback]

Dunn is a good runner between the tackles, despite his size. I'm not saying Bush wil be a bust, once he learns how to put his head down and get tough yards he'll be a very good RB. But I think he'll struggle in his first few seasons until he figures out he can't just get by on his natural athletic ability like he could before.

As you said though, I don't think he's worth the #1 pick.

I actually think the Bills had a shot to land D'Brick with the 8th pick but with the Texans now taking Williams I just dont see it happening.

If the Saints trade down with the Jets the Saints will most likely take D'Brick, if not then the Saints will probably take Hawk which throws everything out of whack which would land D'Brick anywhere from 4 to 6

Just going by what their beat writer for the New Orleans T-P said on ESPN Radio today--they had narrowed the board to Brick and Williams...but Hawk would be a good fit as well.

673518[/snapback]

You're right. I'm using old information. Thanks.