The Wing Bowl

We had this discussion last year.

Since the Sabres are about to go up 3-0 in their playoff series, I thought I'd bring back this little chestnut that ESPN.com sent a writer to.

I think this article just about sums up everything that can be said about that lower-than-homo sapiens species known as the Philly Sports Fan.

In one word, ick.

Mike

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had this discussion last year.

Since the Sabres are about to go up 3-0 in their playoff series, I thought I'd bring back this little chestnut that ESPN.com sent a writer to.

I think this article just about sums up everything that can be said about that lower-than-homo sapiens species known as the Philly Sports Fan.

In one word, ick.

Mike

670653[/snapback]

you live in Ohio dude....enough said

yeah, a buffalo wing eating contest, Philly fans are terrible

Sabres fans cheered while R.J. Umberger was practically unconscious on the ice while the hit was replayed over and over again on the big screen in Game 1. A tasteless act by the replay people and the fans....if that happened in Philly you would still be hearing about it

Flyers are not going to win the series but I cant see them losing tonights game

you live in Ohio dude....enough said

yeah, a buffalo wing eating contest, Philly fans are terrible

Sabres fans cheered while R.J. Umberger was practically unconscious on the ice while the hit was replayed over and over again on the big screen in Game 1. A tasteless act by the replay people and the fans....if that happened in Philly you would still be hearing about it

Flyers are not going to win the series but I cant see them losing tonights game

670661[/snapback]

The replay was shown once in Buffalo - AFTER Umberger was taken off the ice. Continuing to perpetuate a lie makes you the classless idiot.

I can only imagine the way the douche bags in Philly would act if they could skate fast enough to actually hit a Sabre with a clean check.

The replay was shown once in Buffalo - AFTER Umberger was taken off the ice.  Continuing to perpetuate a lie makes you the classless idiot.

I can only imagine the way the douche bags in Philly would act if they could skate fast enough to actually hit a Sabre with a clean check.

670666[/snapback]

the announcers clearly stated the replay was shown several times

real hard to be tough on a message board isnt it cool guy

670669[/snapback]

I am aware that the Flyers "announcers" were saying that. Apparently they don't know the difference between a TV feed and a scoreboard. I was there and it happened exactly as Darin described. One replay, after he was off the ice, and the reaction from the majority of the crowd was not cheering, but more of a collective groan and flinch, like when you see someone else take one in the nuts. So chill out and stop whining. Your team sucks and it's not our problem. And for the record, Umberger got a very loud ovation when he got up.

Sabres fans cheered while R.J. Umberger was practically unconscious on the ice while the hit was replayed over and over again on the big screen in Game 1.

670661[/snapback]

Practically unconscious???? Umberger got knocked the !@#$ out!!!

;) zzzzzzzzzz

670669[/snapback]

Do you believe everything the three retards say? I mean, Jackson, Dornhoffer and ESPECIALLY Coates? Come on. Even the most homerish Cryer fan KNOWS those guys have the ultimate rose-coloreds on.

no one said it wasnt a legal hit and Im not whining

the announcers and the guys during intermission both stated the replay was shown over and over and you could hear the fans cheering on TV as Umberger was laying on the ice

its hockey which is a secondary sport. I could care less if the Flyers suck or not, the discussion wasnt about that

Do you believe everything the three retards say? I mean, Jackson, Dornhoffer and ESPECIALLY Coates? Come on. Even the most homerish Cryer fan KNOWS those guys have the ultimate rose-coloreds on.

670712[/snapback]

Flyers announcers are the worst Ive ever heard, Im not defending them either but you could hear the cheers on TV

I will however believe what Morganti was saying during intermission and he was saying the same thing

no one said it wasnt a legal hit and Im not whining

the announcers and the guys during intermission both stated the replay was shown over and over and you could hear the fans cheering on TV as Umberger was laying on the ice

its hockey which is a secondary sport. I could care less if the Flyers suck or not, the discussion wasnt about that

670713[/snapback]

Not the point Max, even thought the Cryers do suck.

The point is that Jackson, Dornhoffer and the walking brain-stem were too STUPID to differentiate between a TV feed and the scoreboard feed. People IN ATTENDANCE said that the hit was shown once. I'll take their word.

Edit: and anyway, where the hell dos a Philthadelphia fan get off talking about fan etiquette? Aren't they the same people who cheered when Michael Irvin was carted off in a stretcher?

Not the point Max, even thought the Cryers do suck.

The point is that Jackson, Dornhoffer and the walking brain-stem were too STUPID to differentiate between a TV feed and the scoreboard feed. People IN ATTENDANCE said that the hit was shown once. I'll take their word.

670715[/snapback]

guess Morganti who played Hockey and worked for ESPN as a Hockey analyst doesnt know the difference either, he was irate during intermission about the replays being shown

Flyers announcers are the worst Ive ever heard, Im not defending them either but you could hear the cheers on TV

I will however believe what Morganti was saying during intermission and he was saying the same thing

670714[/snapback]

And Morganti's not a homer either. He was simply parroting what the three fools were saying. I live near Philly, I KNOW how bad all these guys are. THEY'RE PAID EMPLOYEES OF COMCAST WHO OWNS THE FLYERS.

That's an important point and one that shouldn't be forgotten. There's not even a veneer of impartiality with guys like Barkann, Morganti, Coates, Dornhoffer and Jackson.

And Morganti's not a homer either. He was simply parroting what the three fools were saying. I live near Philly, I KNOW how bad all these guys are. THEY'RE PAID EMPLOYEES OF COMCAST WHO OWNS THE FLYERS.

That's an important point and one that shouldn't be forgotten. There's not even a veneer of impartiality with guys like Barkann, Morganti, Coates, Dornhoffer and Jackson.

670722[/snapback]

comast owns the flyers, thanks for the info....like I didnt know that

no one is defending them as being homers....guess that means they make stuff up now

whether the replay was being shown by the arena or TV it doesnt change the fact the fans were cheering as it was being replayed as Umberger was on the ice. TV feeds can also be shut off during a game

my point was that fans are idiots everywhere, not just philly

TV feeds can also be shut off during a game

670729[/snapback]

So people in the arena don't have the same rights as you sitting at home? Poor, poor Al Morganti and his feelings.

my point was that fans are idiots everywhere, not just philly

670729[/snapback]

Which you have proved throughout this thread.