Kamerion Wimbley/Manny Lawson

junior

Who would you rather have?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have?

• Kamerion Wimbley
    • Manny Lawson

Lawson is a beast of a pass rusher who should do well as a 3-4 LB, ala Merriman and Ware from last year. He'd command a first round pick though, and I'd hope we use that pick on a lineman or to upgrade the secondary. If we use it on a pass rusher, I hope it's part of a trade down to get more picks for more help.

Lawson is a beast of a pass rusher who should do well as a 3-4 LB, ala Merriman and Ware from last year.  He'd command a first round pick though, and I'd hope we use that pick on a lineman or to upgrade the secondary.  If we use it on a pass rusher, I hope it's part of a trade down to get more picks for more help.

666021[/snapback]

It was part of a trade down plan...

I think they'l both end up being solid NFL players. I had to vote wimbley though, for obvious reasons.

666188[/snapback]

I'm wondering what the obvious reasons are because I dont know much about both of them. Can you please explain

I'm wondering what the obvious reasons are because I dont know much about both of them. Can you please explain

666221[/snapback]

Ahh, didnt see you are a newbie. Take a look at where i am from on the sidebar and take a guess which school i go to. Then you'll understand why wimbley is the obvious choice for me. :lol:

then next time add a "I don't know what you are talking about" option. I voted.. and I hope I mess up your data research project.

666377[/snapback]

Whats the point of voting if you dont know what you're talking about, and it says dont vote if you dont know what you're talking about :lol:

Whats the point of voting if you dont know what you're talking about, and it says dont vote if you dont know what you're talking about :lol:

666386[/snapback]

Oh...you said don't vote if you don't know what you're talking about. Oops.

if you're trade down plan would bring us an undersized DE, or an oversized OLB that belongs in a defense we don't run, I will not vote. In protest! Viva la Trade down...but not for these guys.

if you're trade down plan would bring us an undersized DE, or an oversized OLB that belongs in a defense we don't run, I will not vote.  In protest!  Viva la Trade down...but not for these guys.

666413[/snapback]

What kind of DE can we pick up in the mid rounds (17-25) that would fit in Buffalo?

I'm glad someone else brought up Wimbley. I know Peter Boulware came out of FSU, but generally FSU defensive ends are huge busts. Andre Wadsworth, Reinard Wilson and Jamal Reynolds. Why would Wimbley be any different from Reynolds, Wilson and Wadsworth?

I'm glad someone else brought up Wimbley. I know Peter Boulware came out of FSU, but generally FSU defensive ends are huge busts. Andre Wadsworth, Reinard Wilson and Jamal Reynolds. Why would Wimbley be any different from Reynolds, Wilson and Wadsworth?

666432[/snapback]

Are you asking me? Because if you are, I dont know much about him so I wont have an answer. I'm just wondering what the majority of the board thinks

Taylor and Schobel are both REs, Typically LEs are bigger, and who said we are in need of a DE, we need DTs, OLB and a SS before a DE, the only one I see worth taking in the first is Williams, however he will not be there. there is however a chance that Mathias Kiwanuka or Tamba Hali could be there in the 2nd round since their stock is falling. How about this, instead of going after a DE try taking Claude Wroten DT from LSU. He would fit our d perfectly and the additional pick fits our future.

Taylor and Schobel are both REs, Typically LEs are bigger, and who said we are in need of a DE, we need DTs, OLB and a SS before a DE, the only one I see worth taking in the first is Williams, however he will not be there.  there is however a chance that Mathias Kiwanuka or Tamba Hali could be there in the 2nd round since their stock is falling.  How about this, instead of going after a DE try taking Claude Wroten DT from LSU.  He would fit our d perfectly and the additional pick fits our future.

666449[/snapback]

This was my idea...

Trade our #1 to Minnesota for their #1(17), #2 (#48), and 3 (#83)

1st. Antonio Cromartie if we lose Clements/ Kamerion Wimbley or Manny Lawson (havent decided yet)

2nd. Davin Joseph

2nd. John McCargo

3rd. Pat Watkins

3rd. Roman Harper

3rd. Victor Adeyanju if we keep Clements/ Alan Zemaitis if we dont keep Clements

4th. Leon Williams ILB

5th. Rashad Butler OT

5th. Barry Cofield DT

6th. Cedric Humes/ Terrence Whitehead RB

7th. Matt Bernstein FB

7th. Nick Milhauser C

Unless we are going to a 3-4, there is no reason to consider either.  Neither will hold up against the run as a 4-3 NFL DE.

666458[/snapback]

In this one magazine I'm reading it says that Wimbley has the frame to be 275 lbs. Wouldnt this help defend the run at all?

In this one magazine I'm reading it says that Wimbley has the frame to be 275 lbs. Wouldnt this help defend the run at all?

666460[/snapback]

Perhaps - I tend to evaluate players as they are, especially if we are gonna spend a First on 'em. Wimbley is a terrific athlete and a top edge rusher, but he gets pushed around against the run. Add weight and you risk slowing down his edge rush. Wimbley has the most value to a 3-4 team.

This was my idea...

Trade our #1 to Minnesota for their #1(17), #2 (#48), and 3 (#83)

1st. Antonio Cromartie if we lose Clements/ Kamerion Wimbley or Manny Lawson (havent decided yet)

2nd. Davin Joseph

2nd. John McCargo

3rd. Pat Watkins

3rd. Roman Harper

3rd. Victor Adeyanju if we keep Clements/ Alan Zemaitis if we dont keep Clements

4th. Leon Williams ILB

5th. Rashad Butler OT

5th. Barry Cofield DT

6th. Cedric Humes/ Terrence Whitehead RB

7th. Matt Bernstein FB

7th. Nick Milhauser C

666452[/snapback]

I absolutely love this draft, especially getting cromartie especially under the premise if we cant keep clements beyond the 06 season. Cromartie has all world ability but he's raw so spending a year behind clements/mcgee and learning the system and being ready to step in next year would be a great way to go. I also love the roman harper and cofield picks. I'd replace watkins with another guard but other then that I like it.

under that same trade down how about this:

1-Claude Wroten DT

2a-Eric Winston LT

2b-Joseph Addai RB

3a-Max Jean Gilles/Charles Spencer/Taitus Lutui G

3b-Gerris Wilkinson OLB/ILB

3c-Anthony Smith SS

4-Alan Zemaitis-CB/FS

5a-Brandon Marshall WR

5b-Tony Scheffler TE

6-chris Kuper G

7a-Jonathon Orr WR

7b-Drew Olson QB

1-Claude Wroten DT

2a-Eric Winston LT

2b-Joseph Addai RB

3c-Anthony Smith SS

4-Alan Zemaitis-CB/FS

5a-Brandon Marshall WR

5b-Tony Scheffler TE

6-chris Kuper G

7a-Jonathon Orr WR

7b-Drew Olson QB

666475[/snapback]

I think you need a DE in there. Are you comftorable with Denney/Kelsay starting at LE.

1-Claude Wroten DT

2a-Eric Winston LT

2b-Joseph Addai RB

3c-Anthony Smith SS

4-Alan Zemaitis-CB/FS

5a-Brandon Marshall WR

5b-Tony Scheffler TE

6-chris Kuper G

7a-Jonathon Orr WR

7b-Drew Olson QB

666475[/snapback]

This 2nd round is an even bigger disaster. :lol:

Unless we are going to a 3-4, there is no reason to consider either.  Neither will hold up against the run as a 4-3 NFL DE.

666458[/snapback]

Excellent point, I was going to mention something similar. Although either one could be a good 3rd down situational pass rusher.