My suggestions for hockey

Justice

i am a hockey purist, but you hafta make it exciting again to put fans in the seats...harami u are right, a cap and eliminating the 2-line pass are necessary, but how bout this as well...

instead of ending in a tie after ot, go to a shootout...winner gets 2 pts, loser still gets 1 pt for the game...it doesnt change the structure of the game, but fans will want to watch (this applies to reg season only, not playoffs)

i am a hockey purist, but you hafta make it exciting again to put fans in the seats...harami u are right, a cap and eliminating the 2-line pass are necessary, but how bout this as well...

instead of ending in a tie after ot, go to a shootout...winner gets 2 pts, loser still gets 1 pt for the game...it doesnt change the structure of the game, but fans will want to watch (this applies to reg season only, not playoffs)

49186[/snapback]

Good suggestion! Shoot outs are exciting!

More consistent penalty calling for everyone, not just the so called goons or aggresive players, how about calling penalties on everyone right down to the premaddona who slashes, hooks, trips and holds every time on the ice but gets away with it because he gets paid more!!!

49186[/snapback]

I would love to see a cap...not going to happen

Eliminating the red line would be awesome, though the refs would have to call the clutching and grabbing more.

Some sort of tie resolution would be awesome.

More Saturday and Sunday afternoon games for families.

Restrict the size of goalie equipment.

One more thing. Every hockey player needs to take a charm school lesson or learn how to speak english. It's important that the fans know the personalities of the players. Maybe they should give TO a call because even though we hate him at least we love to hate him!

One more thing. Every hockey player needs to take a charm school lesson or learn how to speak english. It's important that the fans know the personalities of the players. Maybe they should give TO a call because even though we hate him at least we love to hate him!

49206[/snapback]

You watch too much ESPN, who loves the bad guys and good guys dont mean much.

You watch too much ESPN, who loves the bad guys and good guys dont mean much.

49209[/snapback]

You have to agree with me when I say that hockey players have the charisma of librarian. That doesn't help the game. I grew up watching "the Great One". Now he had it all! He even hosted Saturday Night Live!

You have to agree with me when I say that hockey players have the charisma of librarian. That doesn't help the game. I grew up watching "the Great One". Now he had it all! He even hosted Saturday Night Live!

49214[/snapback]

I do agree with you there, but I watch and pay for tickets to see a good product on the ice, not to watch these guys on the budweiser hot seat and whipping out sharpies during the game..call me a purist lol

49186[/snapback]

Why do people advocate making a tie game worth more than an earned win?

If you want to add a shootout at the end of regulation (that very thought makes me want to throw up in my mouth), then a real win has to be worth 3 points. I can't see the "lahjik" in making a tie worth more.

49214[/snapback]

Hockey players have plenty of charisma. The problem has always been marketing. All anyone has to do is listen to sports radio when they actually interview players. Jim Rome used to do it all the time.

Oh, and they don't get in trouble very often. Guess we need more bad guys.

49206[/snapback]

Never.

Hockey is a better sport as a second class citizen. Once you elevate the players above the game, then the quality of the game only suffers. Half of these guys come from farms in northern Canada and appreciate the game for what it is without making it all about them.

I'll take the kid who grinds it out at both ends over the guy who plays soft to save his enery to pad his stats and improve his contract figures.

Hockey's biggest star (Gretzky) is about as down to earth as anyone who posts on this board.

Another great suggestion. One thing's for sure. The game needs to get faster.

49197[/snapback]

i think they need to find a way to eliminate the slow riding into the boards that defender do these day. they need to bring back the big check. maybe dont allow defender to touch the man with the puck with his hands. that might get rid of a lot of the stupid holding that happens nowaday.

- remove the red line and bring the blue lines closer to each other

- add a shootout after 5 minute overtime during the regular season

- regulate size of goalie equipment

- call obtruction penalties throughout the season

- a penalty in the first period should be the same penalty in the closing minutes of a game

- There should be a cap where if any team goes over the cap they pay a heavy fine that goes along with revenue sharing.

70-30 gate sales should be split between home and away teams

- No more garanteed contracts - it makes too many players take a night off

- Shorten the Season to about 72 games

- Unrestricted free agentcy at age 26 or 27 for players or x amount of games played in the NHL

AT LEAST WE CAN CHEER ON THE AMERKS TIL THE SABRES PLAY AGAIN