Help a young "STUPID" couple

Ahhhh, Young love.

Tell him to read this.

86% of marriage between people under 20 ends miserably. Do you know why? #1 reason is money.

Good college = more money = better job = better way of life = happy wife.

Defeating those odds is possible but very very hard. Don't be an idiot and finish the next four years of your life with a quality university. Don't be stupid man, you only do this once.

T_R

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can count on one finger the amount of my buddies that married their High School sweetie early..and are still married...

661961[/snapback]

Add one more to your list...Me and Mrs. Lew were HS sweethearts and still married 31 years later...

Well, he won't be the first or last guy on the planet to ruin a bright future because he doesn't rule his own dick.  Wish him luck now and laugh like a hyena at him when it blows up in his face in a couple of years- because that's what guys do.

If he's lucky, it'll happen before he has kids.  Tell him he should move out now, while he still knows everything.

662198[/snapback]

yeah... lets laugh in the face of our family members when they fail at life..... great philosophy

personally, i know that when everyone is against me on something i will only fight harder. I think that if everyone supports him and tries to rationally talk about it, he might do some thinking and turn out to make a better decision. He sounds like he can think for himself based on his accalades. Tell him you would do the college thing in a supportive way, and then talk about the benefits of getting married now, dont talk about the negatives it will only turn him away from you.

yeah... lets laugh in the face of our family members when they fail at life..... great philosophy

662464[/snapback]

This post brought to you by Kleenex, wiping away the tears of pussies for over eighty years.

Dude gave him solid advice. Dude is choosing not to take it. One day they'll have a beer and laugh about it. Lighten up, Francis.

Does anyone out there know of a site that can explain "LIFE" to a 17 year old who knows it all.  So sort of financial site that might explain what he is facing and up against.

661791[/snapback]

Grab a copy of your most recent electric bill and a receipt from the gas station ($2 f*ckin 81 a f*ckin gallon :rolleyes:) and show it to him next time you see him.

The next time after that that you see him, show him your water/sewer bill, grocery store receipt, and another gas station receipt

After that show him your phone bill and another gas station receipt (did i mention its up to 2 f*ckin 81 a f*ckin gallon :D)

Just every time you see him present him with another bill or 2

Grab a copy of your most recent electric bill and a receipt from the gas station ($2 f*ckin 81 a f*ckin gallon :rolleyes:) and show it to him next time you see him.

The next time after that that you see him, show him your water/sewer bill, grocery store receipt, and another gas station receipt

After that show him your phone bill and another gas station receipt (did i mention its up to 2 f*ckin 81 a f*ckin gallon :D)

Just every time you see him present him with another bill or 2

662590[/snapback]

it's 1.13$ a litre here, which is about 3.50$ a gallon, and i drive a v6 :blink:

it's 1.13$ a litre here, which is about 3.50$ a gallon, and i drive a v6 :rolleyes:

662592[/snapback]

must make picking up chicks from MySpace expensive

oh wait a sec, am i getting my threads mixed up? this is the insult the person above you thread right :D

it's 1.13$ a litre here, which is about 3.50$ a gallon, and i drive a v6 :rolleyes:

662592[/snapback]

As much as I hate the gas prices, I'm laughing my ass off at every person who drives a SUV or V6-8 that doesn't have a practical purpose for driving one.

As much as I hate the gas prices, I'm laughing my ass off at every person who drives a SUV or V6-8 that doesn't have a practical purpose for driving one.

662623[/snapback]

mine was given to me, the car i used to own , a Neon was pretty fuel efficient until an unfortunate incident with a wall.

must make picking up chicks from MySpace expensive

oh wait a sec, am i getting my threads mixed up?  this is the insult the person above you thread right :huh:

662595[/snapback]

do you eat crayonz by any chance? :huh::doh:

mine was given to me, the car i used to own , a Neon was pretty fuel efficient until an unfortunate incident with a wall.

662688[/snapback]

Do you know why Neons have so much glass? So everyone can see the **** who bought one inside.