Sabres Officially Clinch Home Ice

Taro T

With Joisey's win over Philly tonight and the Otters tying their game w/ 2 seconds left, the Sabres locked themselves into the 4th spot in the conference.

661636[/snapback]

Now the Sabres might get the Devils...which is a downside....or, get this, the Sabres still might get the Rangers

Now the Sabres might get the Devils...which is a downside....or, get this, the Sabres still might get the Rangers

661638[/snapback]

You got it.

Rangers can end up anywhere from 6th - 3rd,

Flyers can end up anywhere from 7th - 3rd, and

Joisey can end up anywhere from 6th - 3rd.

The only spot locked up in the East is #4.

The only spots locked up in the West are #1 and #2.

You got it.

Rangers can end up anywhere from 6th - 3rd,

Flyers can end up anywhere from 7th - 3rd, and

Joisey can end up anywhere from 6th - 3rd.

The only spot locked up in the East is #4.

The only spots locked up in the West are #1 and #2.

661641[/snapback]

What team do you want the most or least?

661643[/snapback]

Might sound strange, but I want Philly. Any other team is playing for their pot-season lives right now, which means whoever DOES make it will have crazy amounts of momentum... oh, and I'm afraid of the Devils for some reason.

661643[/snapback]

I'd probably prefer to see Philly and would least like to see Jersey.

Philly's goaltending is the most suspect of the bunch and their D are slow for the most part. If you keep the Forsberg line in check, you should be in very good shape. While the next 2 lines can do damage, they aren't nearly as scary as Forsberg and Gagne.

The Rangers were a huge surprise to me this season. I didn't know much, at all, about Lundquist and expected them to be older and slower than they were this year. I like the fact that the Rangers couldn't beat Buffalo in regulation this season. Jagr is extremely scary, especially come playoff time, but he can be taken off his game if you play him physically. Stay on Jagr, stay out of the box, and outskate the Rangers; and you should win. Their D still doesn't impress me as much as their forwards, even though they were very good on the penalty kill this year.

The Devils have been playing great lately and have Brodeur, but you wonder just how long they can sustain the level they are currently at. They've been playing at playoff intensity for over 3 weeks now. That is not an easy pace to maintain with 2 more months to go. With the possibility that the refs will swallow their whistles come playoff time, these guys are the most dangerous IMO. I actually don't think the refs will stop calling obstruction, but the Devils did a very good job of getting in the way of people without getting called for it all season. How much of that is skill, and how much of it is Lou Lamoriello being arguably the 4th most powerful man in the game today standing behind the bench, is debatable (personally, I think it's a lot of the former and a little of the latter). The Devils have good speed for the most part and play a style of game the Sabres have had difficulty playing against. I would prefer getting the Devils in a later round, after the Sabres have gotten a feel for playoff hockey and hopefully after the Devils have run out of gas; but if they end up 5th, they end up 5th.

Might sound strange, but I want Philly. Any other team is playing for their pot-season lives right now, which means whoever DOES make it will have crazy amounts of momentum...  oh, and I'm afraid of the Devils for some reason.

661646[/snapback]

steve...are you going to any of the playoff games?

Might sound strange, but I want Philly. Any other team is playing for their pot-season lives right now, which means whoever DOES make it will have crazy amounts of momentum...  oh, and I'm afraid of the Devils for some reason.

661646[/snapback]

The Rangers are playing for their postseason lives right now? Might you care to explain that one?

There are only 3 teams that can end up in the 5th slot. All have clinched the playoffs already and 2 are playing basically 0.500 hockey the last couple of weeks.

The Rangers are playing for their postseason lives right now?  Might you care to explain that one?

There are only 3 teams that can end up in the 5th slot.  All have clinched the playoffs already and 2 are playing basically 0.500 hockey the last couple of weeks.

661706[/snapback]

You're right, don't know what I was thinking. Guess you can take that part of y post out and simply sum it up to say I'd rather play Philly than NJ. However I do believe that if Lindy is quick to put Marty in if Miller is struggling, neither team will take us past 5 games.

Does Perrys Ice Cream still make the Sabres flavor? I used to love that stuff when I was growing up in Rochester :blink:

Does Perrys Ice Cream still make the Sabres flavor?  I used to love that stuff when I was growing up in Rochester  :blink:

661851[/snapback]

The gloves they wear smell awful... I'd hate to imagine what that ice cream tastes like.