Problem With Buying A Home

PTS

1. It scares me that, somewhere out there, there exists a woman who actually thinks you're attractive. :lol:

Not necessarily. Maybe he can lick his eyebrows.

2. By getting married and buying a house, this means that you're going to start to breed. :rolleyes:

660378[/snapback]

Scariest. Post. Ever.

Thanks to everyone who "seriously" answered my question.

Just to clarify, the home we are interested in is a new built and the seller agent is the wife of the builder.

Still not sure what I can do, I gotta find out what documents/agreements I signed when I bid on that house. If I didn't sign an agent agreement with him, I can just kiss him goodbye. If I did, I'm afraid I'm screwed.

Another thing is I'm not really thrilled with my agent, but I don't think I'd be thrlled with any agent at this point. With the internet, I can do all the searching myself. And without an agent, we can save 3% on our home ... which adds up nicely.

Just to clarify, the home we are interested in is a new built and the seller agent is the wife of the builder.

Still not sure what I can do, I gotta find out what documents/agreements I signed when I bid on that house. If I didn't sign an agent agreement with him, I can just kiss him goodbye. If I did, I'm afraid I'm screwed.

Another thing is I'm not really thrilled with my agent, but I don't think I'd be thrlled with any agent at this point. With the internet, I can do all the searching myself. And without an agent, we can save 3% on our home ... which adds up nicely.

661073[/snapback]

Clutch, as I mentioned may not be that easy. I am pretty sure it would take an act of God for that selling agent not to pay your guy at this stage. So, if your thinking the price can come down three percent cause you dropped the guy, and the net to the seller is the same , i just do not think that will work.

But, and a big but, i could be wrong :P

661073[/snapback]

Clutch, there will always be nice properties out there for you to purchase. As you have discovered, there are a bunch of factors, and a bunch of knowledge to be obtained. And the waters teem with all kinds of sharks. :D

Internet sources are useful, but it's far better to have books, hard copy before you, for you and your sweetie to read, flip back the pages, flip forward, and then find out answers to the questions.

Housing is a big purchase. You have to consider property tax rates, school taxes, if the area you contemplate has a declining or appreciating tax base, crime problems, pending civic work assessments, and more.

I realize the appeal of that special house, the one that is just so right. But the fact is, it is a complex procedure, and fretting over just the immediate monetary concerns is not sufficient.

I hope my words are not perceived as condescending or arrogant. But I do consul that you learn some more about the intracacies before you charge in. That perfect house will always be out there... :P

stuckincincy

Clutch, as I mentioned may not be that easy. I am pretty sure it would take an act of God for that selling agent not to pay your guy at this stage. So, if your thinking the price can come down three percent cause you dropped the guy, and the net to the seller is the same , i just do not think that will work.

But, and a big but, i could be wrong :doh:

661084[/snapback]

When my girl called the seller yesterday, the first thing she asked was "are we represented by an agent." She said no to see what her mood would be like and because she did the seller was open to negociate on the price.

But when my agent submitted our bid he said the seller told him they won't take anything other than asking price and they don't want to negociate. Either pay what we want or leave.

I hope my words are not perceived as condescending or arrogant. But I do consul that you learn some more about the intracacies before you charge in. That perfect house will always be out there... :doh:

stuckincincy

661125[/snapback]

I appreciate your post but trust me we've done all our research. This home is perfect for us in many ways. The taxes, the school district, the lot size, etc, etc, etc. We've looked for a while as well.

I just want to pay a price that is fair to both sides. That's the businessman in me. I know they won't get asking price.

I appreciate your post but trust me we've done all our research. This home is perfect for us in many ways. The taxes, the school district, the lot size, etc, etc, etc. We've looked for a while as well.

I just want to pay a price that is fair to both sides. That's the businessman in me. I know they won't get asking price.

661166[/snapback]

Well, I hope it all works out for you. I really do. Will this be your first home purchase? If so, arrange direct deposit at Home Depot or Lowes...you WILL be buying! :doh:

Well, I hope it all works out for you. I really do.  Will this be your first home purchase? If so, arrange direct deposit at Home Depot or Lowes...you WILL be buying!  :doh:

661182[/snapback]

Yep, first home and we've already been to Lowes scouting the place out.

Just out of curiosity...how much is the house, given that you're dickering over $1000?

661205[/snapback]

We're dickering over a lot more than $1000! If that was the case, I wouldn't be wasting everyone's time here and I'd be buying that house.

661073[/snapback]

I just recently purchased a new construction home and used the agent fee as a negotiating tool. I went into it without an agent and when they did not meet my initial price demands I said ok but I guess I'll go out and get an agent now to help me through-out the construction process. They kicked and screamed and said it was too late and I could not bring an agent into the deal after I made an initial offer. (they did not want to have to pay her commission) I said they could not deny me the right to an agent and they ultimately came back with a reduced price to keep me from getting an agent. My argument was that now I would have to do all the work and they would save money so it was only fair that they reduce my cost as well. So, this could be a good negotiator with the builder but you will have to suck it up and fire your agent/friend. Ultimately you have to look out for yourself...

661166[/snapback]

Are there more perfect homes out there and how long are you willing to wait?

Ask yourself, how much is all this "perfectness" worth in terms of $$. There is a fine line between money and happiness. Don't miss out because you undervalue happiness.

You should be able to fire your agent. When we were selling our home, we had to fire our selling agent and of course we had a written contract with her and her agency. We were not at all pleased how she was representing our home on the market, it almost seemed like she didn't give a damn. All we had to do was put in writing the reasons why we wanted to end their services.

The next day we got another realtor and a week later our home was sold.