Kiper's Mock Draft

I love this draft:

Bunkley: Say what you will if anyone watched him at the combine thats all you need to say. When I saw him i went "holy crap" this guy is 300 lbs, chisled and can move like THAT. Seeing is believing. Ngata would be alright but to me Bunkley seems like a football player and a guy who can workout with the be4st of them. THe knee thing scares me a little but in general its hard to beat a penetrating DT esp one who can rack up 9 sacks and 20+ tackles for a loss at the college level.

Lutui?: This guy is supposed to be an absolute monster on the OL. A prototype that teams can rely on for years. Immediate starter.

Stovall: Yes we have lots of WRS, but we dont have that 1 red zone jump ball threat. Stovall is that guy.

As for Dumervil: dont know too much about him, but we need DL, I think we should pick another DT for insurance. We need to load up on DL and OL obviously.

THat being said this draft would be pretty cloise to ideal, although it would be nice to trade down a few slots and still get bunkley or huff.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'll play.

8. Buffalo Michael Huff, S Texas

42. Buffalo Darryl Tapp, DE Virginia Tech

70. Buffalo (from TEN) Ryan O'Callaghan, T California

73. Buffalo Claude Wroten, DT LSU

105. Buffalo Fred Matua, G USC

OR

8. Buffalo Michael Huff, S Texas

42. Buffalo Darryl Tapp, DE Virginia Tech

70. Buffalo (from TEN) Trade Down for extra 3rd

73. Buffalo Claude Wroten, DT LSU

105. Buffalo Guy Whimper, T East Carolina

107. Buffalo Fred Matua, G USC

What happened to Jonathan Scott OT from Texas?  I thought he was one of the top tackles?

I like the Kiper picks as well, I would not be inclined to pick a WR in round three with our DB need and Darnell Bing still on the board though.

660140[/snapback]

Seeing Darnell Bing so late says a lot about the talent in this draft.

I don't see this draft playing out like this, but I won't nitpick.

I like Bunkley and think over the next five years he will be a much better football player than Ngata. But I would love to drop a little because I think he could fall a little further if we didn't pick him. If Cutler falls I would agressively try to trade down with a team that wants him, because that could get us an extra pick, and still get us Bunkley or Justice.

I hate the Bunkley pick, he's gone from the 6th or 7th best DT on the board to possibly #1...all without proving it on the field. 

660046[/snapback]

Doesn't that happen every year in the draft? Still, IMO, it's Ngata that was a draftnick push into the top 10 more so than Bunkley.

What I'm saying is that I would not be a bit surprised to see Ngata slip out of the top 10. Draft publications are like lemmings. With a few exceptions, outside of the top 5-6 no-brainer picks each year, they always seem to have guys in the 7-20 slots rated higher and lower than where they go off the board at.

Ngata's got some question marks about motivation and durability that IMO may affect his draft position (although DT's always get pushed up draft boards due to their scarcity value).

By draft day, I wouldn't be surprised to see both at the 11-spot in a dead heat. Young is falling from the 7 pick on those charts, and very well could be there 17 days from now at our 8-spot, in which case you could trade down. Cleveland would like Ngata at 12, so trade with St.Louis for the #11 pick. The trade-down from 8 to 11 nets a 3rd Rounder.

By draft day, I wouldn't be surprised to see both at the 11-spot in a dead heat. Young is falling from the 7 pick on those charts, and very well could be there 17 days from now at our 8-spot, in which case you could trade down. Cleveland would like Ngata at 12, so trade with St.Louis for the #11 pick. The trade-down from 8 to 11 nets a 3rd Rounder.

660449[/snapback]

I've heard Cleveland is higher as Bunkley. I remember Crenell comparing him as Richard Seymour type player. They're reportedly very high on bunkley, kamerion wimbley and manny lawson. Ngata does make sense for them long term to replace Washington, but I think they go wih the more versatile bunkley if he's there. Hopefully he's not.

Cleveland may go with Ngata because the name is cheaper to put on a jersey.

660458[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

We have to let Marv know that the money we lose in naming rights and luxury boxes can be made up by dropping vowels.

And who is going to go over the fricken middle for us to catch a ball?  None of these smurfs.....

Why is it that at this time every year everyone says we can "live without" a quality Tight End then halfway through that season everyone is bitching about not having one.....

Somewhere in this draft pick one of the "top 3" TE's.....

660148[/snapback]

It's possible that Mercedes Lewis drops to us in the 2nd round, odder things have happened. If that happens I wouldn't mind grabbing him as he'd represent great value at a position we could use an upgreade on. Davis isn't going to make it to the 8th pick and with all the holes on this team grabbing a TE with the 8th pick would be a luxery we can't afford.

I think I'd go with Justice at 8. That being said, I have no idea how we'll stop the run this year with our current roster. As much as I bitched about Adams that wasn't a great cut. It created a huge hole that has yet to be filled.

Vince...

Vince...

Vince...

Vince...

Vince...

Vince...

Vince...

Vince...

Vince...

Vince...

Vince...

660727[/snapback]

Stop already please, we do not need another inexperienced signal caller, he is very talented but I do not see him here.

Yeah no kidding.  Kiper seems to have a good understanding of the Bills needs this year.  I'd be especially happy with Stovall in the 3rd round.  I have a good feeling about him in the pros.

660043[/snapback]

I completely agree! I saw him in a few games this year, and I believe that he is the best WR in the draft! He would be a great replacement for Moulds because he has great size. Git 'er dun Buffalo!!