SUW - Why Is Chili Ever " Out Of Season " ?

Mark VI

My cafeteria at work serves soup 365 days a year. Yet around mid-March, Chili suddenly vanishes as a choice. Why ?

" It's out of season " I'm told ...what... like duck hunting ? Who the heck made that decision ?

What happens if they do make it ? Will Chili Police rush the kitchen and bust them ? " Freeze ! Hands up against the wall and drop the ladel ! "

:D

My cafeteria at work serves soup 365 days a year. Yet around mid-March, Chili suddenly vanishes as a choice. Why ? 

" It's out of season " I'm told ...what... like duck hunting ?  Who the heck made that decsion ? 

What happens if they do make it ? Will Chili Police rush the kitchen and bust them ?  " Freeze !  Hands up against the wall and drop the ladel ! " 

659939[/snapback]

You said soup.

You must work in a union shop. They have rules that say their employees can only make chili, during certain times of the year.

Did you know that servants in Boston went on strike in the late 1700's because they complained that they were eating too much lobster and were picketing to ensure that they were not fed lobster more then 3 times per week?

You must work in a union shop.  They have rules that say their employees can only make chili, during certain times of the year. 

Did you know that servants in Boston went on strike in the late 1700's because they complained that they were eating too much lobster and were picketing to ensure that they were not fed lobster more then 3 times per week?

659947[/snapback]

More typical liberal media bias.

You must work in a union shop.  They have rules that say their employees can only make chili, during certain times of the year. 

659947[/snapback]

I was talking to a mainer, who use to be ridiculed because his brownbag lunch consisted of lobster sandwiches, his parents couldnt afford jiffy peanut butter!! That was back when lobster was so plentiful, they were used to fertilize gardens...

I was talking to a mainer, who use to be ridiculed because his brownbag lunch consisted of lobster sandwiches, his parents couldnt afford jiffy peanut butter!! That was back when lobster was so plentiful, they were used to fertilize gardens...

659976[/snapback]

We grew cattle when I was growing up. I actually remember complaining "Steak again? Why can't we have chicken or something?"

" It's out of season " I'm told ...what... like duck hunting ?  Who the heck made that decision ? 

What happens if they do make it ? Will Chili Police rush the kitchen and bust them ?  " Freeze !  Hands up against the wall and drop the ladel ! " 

659939[/snapback]

Beans or no beans?

" It's out of season " I'm told ...what... like duck hunting ?  Who the heck made that decision ? 

659939[/snapback]

They probably have poor sales. 2 bars I go to here drop it (they sell chili, not that Gawd-awful Cincinnati chili) because few buy it in the summer.