I like what I'm hearing from Fairchild

The style of offense the Bills need to play: "No matter who you are, you have to have some sort of identity and I think in the AFC East there's no question you have to be able to run the football. If you're sound, you don't make mistakes, and you have enough big-play capability, you can build off that run game and be successful."

On whether he can get more out of Willis McGahee: "He's impressive and I look forward to working with him. He was a sure thing in this offense last year. You saddled him up and gave him the ball and lived with it, but maybe there can be some ways to get him into space a little better, not pound him in between the tackles as much. He's a good downhill runner, but if that's all you're doing, maybe that limits your production."

I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed this. And I'm REALLY glad somebody on the Bills realizes how Willis was misused last year. Hopefully upgrades on the inside will help when they do want to run it up the gut, too. And, well, I think it's clear from my moniker I favor a great running game :P

On whether he can get more out of Losman: "J.P. has some talent. Obviously, he was a first-round pick and he showed arm strength and all sorts of good things, but that's just a little piece of being a good quarterback. Putting it together and producing on the field, all the arm strength and athletic ability in the world doesn't guarantee that you'll produce as a quarterback. But there are a lot of tools that look good, a lot of positive things. Maybe a fresh start will be good for him."

Could be Fairchild just saying the right things, but this says to me that they believe Losman has every chance of really winning this starting gig. I'm not saying they don't think the same of Nall, or even Holcomb (though I'm pretty sure they are aware of what they do and don't have with him). Mostly, I'm just happy they want to give Losman the opportunity, especially in the wake of all these stupid 'rumors.'

I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed this.  And I'm REALLY glad somebody on the Bills realizes how Willis was misused last year.  Hopefully upgrades on the inside will help when they do want to run it up the gut, too.  And, well, I think it's clear from my moniker I favor a great running game :P

Could be Fairchild just saying the right things, but this says to me that they believe Losman has every chance of really winning this starting gig.  I'm not saying they don't think the same of Nall, or even Holcomb (though I'm pretty sure they are aware of what they do and don't have with him).  Mostly, I'm just happy they want to give Losman the opportunity, especially in the wake of all these stupid 'rumors.'

658669[/snapback]

Dude I this was on BB.com like 2 months ago.

So what if it was.... I think it is good to show that Fairchild is a believer in the running game...now let's hope he follows through on his thoughts

658679[/snapback]

Leave him alone.

Long time, respected posters have an obligation to BUFFALOTONE to run their posts by him and make sure that he approves, and deems the info recent enough.

Wake up, OK? :P

I just hope he comes in and design our offense into a scheme that fits around the talent on the team and vice vera like our new defensive philosphy has done. Whatever it takes to move the ball and put points on the board is fine with me. But for the past 5 season we haven't had any identity whatsoever besides the first year we picked up Bledsoe. It seems as if we have just been calling plays instead of good scheming and playcalling. I mean if our team is suited to be a smash mouth team and that works then fine. It would be better than trying to throw the ball every down and putting all the pressure on JP or whoever is behind center. But if we have all this speed at WR and we are stuck in neutral with an unproductive FB and TE in the passing game sticking with a smash mouth running game that is getting smash I will say open it up and go with a 3 Wr offense and spread teams out. I definitely and especially hate the past 5 years when our personell on the field would dictate wheter we would run or pass and it became obvious to those who follow the Bills and you could call the play before the snap; I hated the situational substitutions on average down and distances as it always dictated our intentions. I say find a core offensive group that will take %85 of the snaps (if healthy) and run the offense through these guys and unless it is 3rd and short or 3rd and 15 these guys should be on the field so that the D will not be able to read us based on substituion tendencies. For instance, maybe you can ocassionasly substitute McGahee to give him a breather but not every 3rd down passing situation like we have the past 2 years!

Seems like most every OC heaps praise on the run game, then abandons it when they are down by seven points. :P

658705[/snapback]

[/quote

Agreed, dont talk about it be about it. He can say all he wants until they put the right peoplein the right places it doesnt mean squat.

Im sorry if i discounted your thread. I dont want to offend the long time posters here. Take it easy boys.

Leave him alone.

Long time, respected posters have an obligation to BUFFALOTONE to run their posts by him and make sure that he approves, and deems the info recent enough.

Wake up, OK?  :P

658690[/snapback]

Wow, how long have you guys been dating? Take it easy. Some of you guys need a break from the computer.

Seems like most every OC heaps praise on the run game, then abandons it when they are down by seven points.  :P

658705[/snapback]

You can't be considered an offensive genius by running the ball. You must use exotic formations and use plenty of trick plays while throwing the ball 70% of the time.

I am pretty confortable with Fairchild though, given the fact that the Rams offense was much more ballanced after he took over the play calling duties last year.

OK man. Clements 22 and I are gonna relax. Thaks for this.  :lol:  :P

Oh, and welcome to TSW. I have the feeling that you are going to be a lot of fun.  :lol:

658731[/snapback]

\

Haha. Im just jokin man. If I cant have some fun with me fellow fans who can I have fun with.

Remember also that Fairchild was the OC in St. Louis in 2004 when the Rams were reportedly all set to draft JP if we hadn't traded up ahead of them. I know that Fairchild may not have had any say so in the Rams' planning, but you would have to think that he at least was aware of what was going on.