8 Safties in the Top 46 Players

Mark VI

Including 2 in the Top 10 ( Michael Huff #7, Jason Allen #9 ).

I seriously doubt that's ever happened before. What a freakish year for Safety talent.

I'm betting the Bills select one of those 8 players. One of our starters is roughly 57 and getting slower by the minute.

I seriously doubt that's ever happened before. What a freakish year for Safety talent.

I'm betting the Bills select one of those 8 players. One of our starters is roughly 57 and getting slower by the minute.

658613[/snapback]

That is great news because it lessens the chances of the Bills tossing the #8 pick of the draft out the window on a safety, when we need SO much help in more important areas.

That is great news because it lessens the chances of the Bills tossing the #8 pick of the draft out the window on a safety, when we need SO much help in more important areas.

658617[/snapback]

Right you are. Now we can concentrate on WR ! :P

After reviewing the ratings, I'm hoping more than ever for an opportunity to trade down. Getting an extra Day 1 pick would be smart in this deep draft.

Right you are. Now we can concentrate on WR !  :P

After reviewing the ratings, I'm hoping more than ever for an opportunity to trade down. Getting an extra Day 1 pick would be smart in this deep draft.

658620[/snapback]

It would be nice to acquire additional picks so that we can address more areas of need. Like you said, this draft is deep in a number of positions that can help the Bills.

Got my Ourlads guide yesterday also. I was surprised that they gave Mario Williams a better overall rating (slightly) than D'Brickashaw Ferguson. They had both rated very high though. I think only Reggie Bush had a higher rating than Super Mario.

658613[/snapback]

I wonder if it's reflective of them being exceptional talents, or of the increased value of safties in general because of the recent changes in NFL rules giving receivers more protection?

That is, the demand has increased , so they rise in the rankings.

I wonder if it's reflective of them being exceptional talents, or of the increased value of safties in general because of the recent changes in NFL rules giving receivers more protection?

That is, the demand has increased , so they rise in the rankings.

658703[/snapback]

Cover safeties are much more important than run stuffers in the cover 2.

Henry Jones played a key role for the Bills in being able to lock down on elite TEs like Ben Coates.

Bills will probably draft a S, especially one with coverage skills, fairly early.

Whoever they take is going to start right away so I dont see them really trading down. Mark makes a good point of how deep this draft is if we can stockpile picks it would be wise. I dont want to turn into the Lions and have a top ten pick 10 years in row. Lets rebuild and get this over with, this is the perfect draft to do it with.

Hell..At the beginning of this process Jason Allen was my "stealth" pick in the third round because of his injury. Last week or two it looked like we would have to spend a second round pick on him. Now the son of a gun has worked his way into the first round. So much for sneaking one in.

This is great news. Look for us to spend one of our 3rds on a S. After drafting OT, DT, and OG, not necessarily in that order. :P

Henry Jones played a key role for the Bills in being able to lock down on elite TEs like Ben Coates.

658721[/snapback]

Jones didn't lock down Ben Coates once.

Coates wished he could have played his entire career against Jones, since he dominated in the Bills games.

Jones didn't lock down Ben Coates once.

Coates wished he could have played his entire career against Jones, since he dominated in the Bills games.

659311[/snapback]

True. Ben Coates had some of his all time greatest moments with Henry Jones stumbling and bumbling around failing to do jack against him. It was a definite man vs. boy situation.