Other DTs Besides Haloti Ngata

R. Rich

Other pluses for Wright:

-He's a mixture of power and quickness (something we're building to every position)

-He's interested in proving the scouts wrong

-He's more experienced than most of the DT's above him

658317[/snapback]

Not to mention Texas has been pretty good at producing DTs the last few years as Marcus Tubbs, Casey Hampton and Shaun Rogers come to mind.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention Texas has been pretty good at producing DTs the last few years as  Marcus Tubbs, Casey Hampton and Shaun Rogers come to mind.

658329[/snapback]

I think it's more the fact that he is not a self motivator and takes a lot of plays off (at least that seems to be the consensus on the guy...i didnt see enough UT games to judge myself.)Seems to be the case with Watson from Michigan also...i know you roll the dice pretty much with any player but a lazy space eater is for sure something we don't need.

I think we could find a very good DT later on in the draft if Ngata is not the option in the first.  I wouldn't mind seeing Gabe Watson, Babatunde Oshinowo, Jesse Mahelona, or John McCargo being drafted by the Bills.  Too bad we don't play a 3-4, as a guy like Rodrique Wright would be a great fit as a DE in a 3-4.  I wouldn't want him as a 4-3 DT, though.

657841[/snapback]

All I know is that it is extremely rare for a rookie DT to step in and quickly make a postive impact.

We are very weak in a number of places.  We are desperately weak in one...defensive tackle.  Trade down if necessary but we need a defensive tackle who can start and that means Ngata or Bunkley.  After that you are really rolling the dice.  I don't see much choice at 8 or at our first trade down pick.

658154[/snapback]

I believe there are more than 2 DTs in this year's draft class that can play well in the NFL.

I think we could find a very good DT later on in the draft if Ngata is not the option in the first.  I wouldn't mind seeing Gabe Watson, Babatunde Oshinowo, Jesse Mahelona, or John McCargo being drafted by the Bills. 

657841[/snapback]

Agree 100 %