team in far worse shape financially than the bills

There is no comparison between Buffalo and Minneapolis-St. Paul. The area has over 3,000,000 residents.  It's home to various fortune 500 companies. 

The only similarity between Buffalo and M-StP is the cold-ass winter.

658067[/snapback]

yet the bills have outearned and outgrossed them for years.

yet the bills have outearned and outgrossed them for years.

658074[/snapback]

but under Red McCombs the Vikings were $20 mil under the cap.

The bills may have grossed more, but at least they spent up to the cap.

The Vikings will now be one of those t4eams attempting to extort free money for a new stadium while threatening to move to LA.

There is no comparison between Buffalo and Minneapolis-St. Paul. The area has over 3,000,000 residents.  It's home to various fortune 500 companies. 

The only similarity between Buffalo and M-StP is the cold-ass winter.

658067[/snapback]

Buffalo,southern ontario, and rochester combined = 3 million.The weather is similar.They DO have the better economy though...but so what?? how does that help them fill the seats?

Buffalo,southern ontario, and rochester combined = 3 million.The weather is similar.They DO have the better economy though...but so what?? how does that help them fill the seats?

658213[/snapback]

It helps them charge ~$60 for nosebleed seats. How much are nosebleeds at the Ralph? Nowhere near $60 (I think I paid about $60 for 4th row lower-bowl seats at the Ralph for the season opener a couple of years ago). Better economy equals more disposable income equals more entertainment type purchases.

Having moved here from Niagara Falls, I don't really find the weather similar. The only similarity is that we have four seasons. Winter, when football is played, is really nothing like WNY. There's not that much snow here, but it (in general) gets a LOT colder here. Personally, I like trading the cold for the snow. :pirate:

My second year here, we had temps around -40F, with windchills around -75F. And the U of M didn't cancel classes. :lol: I had a walkman and as soon as you stepped out from the car or bus, the wires instantly froze and became rigid. Kinda cool. Saw demonstrations where people would crack an egg into a bowl, then toss contents on the ground, and it would shatter becasue it froze on the way down. Nuts. :devil:

CW

It helps them charge ~$60 for nosebleed seats.  How much are nosebleeds at the Ralph?  Nowhere near $60 (I think I paid about $60 for 4th row lower-bowl seats at the Ralph for the season opener a couple of years ago).  Better economy equals more disposable income equals more entertainment type purchases.

Having moved here from Niagara Falls, I don't really find the weather similar.  The only similarity is that we have four seasons.  Winter, when football is played, is really nothing like WNY.  There's not that much snow here, but it (in general) gets a LOT colder here.  Personally, I like trading the cold for the snow. :pirate:

My second year here, we had temps around -40F, with windchills around -75F.  And the U of M didn't cancel classes.  :lol:  I had a walkman and as soon as you stepped out from the car or bus, the wires instantly froze and became rigid.  Kinda cool.  Saw demonstrations where people would crack an egg into a bowl, then toss contents on the ground, and it would shatter becasue it froze on the way down.  Nuts. :devil:

CW

658276[/snapback]

thanks - interesting. one thing - mightn't they charge more yet gross less because they have something like 15,000 fewer seats?

It helps them charge ~$60 for nosebleed seats.  How much are nosebleeds at the Ralph?  Nowhere near $60 (I think I paid about $60 for 4th row lower-bowl seats at the Ralph for the season opener a couple of years ago).  Better economy equals more disposable income equals more entertainment type purchases.

Having moved here from Niagara Falls, I don't really find the weather similar.  The only similarity is that we have four seasons.  Winter, when football is played, is really nothing like WNY.  There's not that much snow here, but it (in general) gets a LOT colder here.  Personally, I like trading the cold for the snow. :o

My second year here, we had temps around -40F, with windchills around -75F.  And the U of M didn't cancel classes.  :lol:  I had a walkman and as soon as you stepped out from the car or bus, the wires instantly froze and became rigid.  Kinda cool.  Saw demonstrations where people would crack an egg into a bowl, then toss contents on the ground, and it would shatter becasue it froze on the way down.  Nuts. :)

CW

658276[/snapback]

Exactly... I never felt the cold as I did when I moved out to the midwest... People talk about the snow and then equate it to cold... No deal.

Even know I am closer to the lake now in the Chicago area... Snow is minimal here windward of the water but when it gets cold, you feel it... I was in northern Iowa for a bit... Even worse... I can't imagine what it is like in the upper midwest... Two season's... Winter and August... :pirate::devil:

Buffalo's climatic temperatures are very tempered... It is just the ton of snow that leads to the misconceptions (and maybe rightly so... :ph34r: ).

It does warm up quick though in these neck of the woods... Basically winters are cold and summers hot here... There is no tempering effect until you get alee of the lakes.

Having moved here from Niagara Falls, I don't really find the weather similar.  The only similarity is that we have four seasons.  Winter, when football is played, is really nothing like WNY.  There's not that much snow here, but it (in general) gets a LOT colder here.  Personally, I like trading the cold for the snow. :pirate:

My second year here, we had temps around -40F, with windchills around -75F.  And the U of M didn't cancel classes.  :lol:  I had a walkman and as soon as you stepped out from the car or bus, the wires instantly froze and became rigid.  Kinda cool.  Saw demonstrations where people would crack an egg into a bowl, then toss contents on the ground, and it would shatter becasue it froze on the way down.  Nuts. :devil:

CW

658276[/snapback]

I lived inthe midwest(iowa) for a while-true--it is MUCH colder and HOTTER too there.I meant similar weather in a very general sense. Both have pretty nasty winters--them colder---us more snow..

well minnesota already lost the lakers to california why not their football team as well???? lol lol lol actually only kidding minnesota has alot of vikings fans there and like us bills fans they do not deserve to lose their team to L.A either........go bills in"06