Bills trading down?

With all the crying of fiancial hardship the Bills are doing? I have no doubt they do not intend to pay the price the 8th pick overall will demand.

It would fit right into what teh Bills have been doing (or not doing) this off season. They went out and got the cheapest GM and Coach (two guys just happy to have jobs) they could find. Their free agent signings have been small ticket players who had little if no interest from other teams.

Time to face the facts Bills fans. The Bills plan to put out the cheapest team they can put together. They are doing a great job at it.

With all the crying of fiancial hardship the Bills are doing? I have no doubt they do not intend to pay the price the 8th pick overall will demand.

It would fit right into what teh Bills have been doing (or not doing) this off season. They went out and got the cheapest GM and Coach (two guys just happy to have jobs) they could find. Their free agent signings have been small ticket players who had little if no interest from other teams.

Time to face the facts Bills fans. The Bills plan to put out the cheapest team they can put together. They are doing a great job at it.

656280[/snapback]

You have no doubt? Wow, impressive.

I think Marv was the right signing at the right time for this franchise. He will bring stability, legitimacy and a solid plan to work from. I think you and lots of others will be surprised and impressed by Juaron. Let's give him a chance.

As for our free agents, while we didn't light it up with big names we did add some talent. I think players like Royal and Tripplett were coveted by other teams, including the ones they left. The RFAs that Marv made offers to must have been good players, both teams matched the offers. Too bad we did get them.

I for one am happy that we did not spend big money on the few big name players that were available. We have at least a dozen starting positions up for grabs on this team. We are not close enough talent wise to invest big dollars on a few players ... if you think we are then you need to get off of the Donahoe Cool Aid.

Maybe we pick a player at 8, maybe we trade down, maybe we even trade out of the first round like you "have no doubt" that we will. Either way, sit back and prepare for yet another rebuilding year.

I still fail to see the big name, big money free agents that we missed on. I agree we didn't sign alot of big FA talent. But who out there was really worth big money AND would have greatly improved this team?

656280[/snapback]

teh Bills are cheep therefore no pay anyone! thats why let go molds my favorite player that's why sam addams get cut

<_<

You have no doubt?  Wow, impressive. 

I think Marv was the right signing at the right time for this franchise.  He will bring stability, legitimacy and a solid plan to work from.  I think you and lots of others will be surprised and impressed by Juaron.  Let's give him a chance.

As for our free agents,  while we didn't light it up with big names we did add some talent.  I think players like Royal and Tripplett were coveted by other teams, including the ones they left.  The RFAs that Marv made offers to must have been good players, both teams matched the offers.  Too bad we did get them. 

I for one am happy that we did not spend big money on the few big name players that were available.  We have at least a dozen starting positions up for grabs on this team.  We are not close enough talent wise to invest big dollars on a few players ... if you think we are then you need to get off of the Donahoe Cool Aid. 

Maybe we pick a player at 8, maybe we trade down, maybe we even trade out of the first round like you "have no doubt" that we will.  Either way, sit back and prepare for yet another rebuilding year.

656675[/snapback]

I couldn't have said it better myself.

You have no doubt?  Wow, impressive. 

I think Marv was the right signing at the right time for this franchise.  He will bring stability, legitimacy and a solid plan to work from.  I think you and lots of others will be surprised and impressed by Juaron.  Let's give him a chance.

As for our free agents,  while we didn't light it up with big names we did add some talent.  I think players like Royal and Tripplett were coveted by other teams, including the ones they left.  The RFAs that Marv made offers to must have been good players, both teams matched the offers.  Too bad we did get them. 

I for one am happy that we did not spend big money on the few big name players that were available.  We have at least a dozen starting positions up for grabs on this team.  We are not close enough talent wise to invest big dollars on a few players ... if you think we are then you need to get off of the Donahoe Cool Aid. 

Maybe we pick a player at 8, maybe we trade down, maybe we even trade out of the first round like you "have no doubt" that we will.  Either way, sit back and prepare for yet another rebuilding year.

656675[/snapback]

Oh gimmie a break. Marv is a cool signing ONLY because we all liked him as our best coach ever. Stability maybe. Legitimacy, not a chance. What the hell has Marv ever done that would legitimize him being our NFL GM.....nothing. Doens't mean he won't succeed, but legitimize that spot, hell no. Right now, all his "solid plan" has done is to stock our team with a bunch of backup QB's, #2 and #3 WR's and backup TE's. Where is the help on the lines? Give him a chance? Sure. Support him blindly.....no. So far, he's done nothing to sell tickets.

To say we didn't light up the Free Agent Market is an understatement. I love how everyone says they are glad we didn't go out and get these big name guys. Just love that. We could have had two or three young big name FA's AND still have been able to afford the guys we signed. That's what pisses me off.

That's the problem with most of you......you are OK with "sit back and prepare for another rebuilding year". And if this plan of Marv's doesn't work out, then what? Sit back and wait another 5 years?

God, the Bills standards are low nowadays. Pathetic.

God, the Bills standards are low nowadays.  Pathetic.

656787[/snapback]

Actually the so called Bills "fans" are pathetic nowadays.

Everyone wants instant gratification, spend money to bring in a big name, he will help us instantly and sell tickets. (Isn't this what TD did the past 5 years, and where did it get us?) Teams that bring in the big names either a) have huge cap space that they can waste, b)have a solid team that only needs one or 2 guys to move to the next level, or C) teams trying for a quick fix to get some fans in and buy merchandise.

Buffalo has alot of holes to fill and are trying to build a solid foundation so it can be competitive for more then just one or 2 years. The want a solid base so they won't have to rebuild every couple years.

It seems like to many people are complaining cause they ordered their custom Bentley, Hutchinson, Brees, and T.O Bills jersey at the end of last season and now can't return them. Guess your gonna have to add Young to that list of returns too.

Oh gimmie a break.  Marv is a cool signing ONLY because we all liked him as our best coach ever.  Stability maybe.  Legitimacy, not a chance.  What the hell has Marv ever done that would legitimize him being our NFL GM.....nothing.  Doens't mean he won't succeed, but legitimize that spot, hell no.  Right now, all his "solid plan" has done is to stock our team with a bunch of backup QB's, #2 and #3 WR's and backup TE's.  Where is the help on the lines?  Give him a chance? Sure.  Support him blindly.....no.  So far, he's done nothing to sell tickets.

To say we didn't light up the Free Agent Market is an understatement.  I love how everyone says they are glad we didn't go out and get these big name guys.  Just love that.  We could have had two or three young big name FA's AND still have been able to afford the guys we signed.  That's what pisses me off. 

That's the problem with most of you......you are OK with "sit back and prepare for another rebuilding year".  And if this plan of Marv's doesn't work out, then what?  Sit back and wait another 5 years?

God, the Bills standards are low nowadays.  Pathetic.

656787[/snapback]

I guess his HOF carreer means nothing? What a stupid question. He also has front offfice experience, look it up.

Who would you have picked for GM that was a more legitmate candidate? Oh, don't tell me, Bill Polian, or Tom Modrak?

The OL and DL need to be addressed and they will be, the draft is coming, hold on.

Get this thought into your head. We had NO CHANCE at BENTLEY or HUTCH ... NONE, NADA, ZIP. We tried to get Pickett and missed. Unless you want to pay seriously overpay we have no chance ... get over it.

The problem with you is that you think you know more you do.

Think about all the holes we have and the timing and resources required to fill the holes. So, using tyour logic we pay huge salaries for 2 players today, and by the time our young players develop todays players will be too expensive, on the downside,or both. So we are cutting them and filling more holes. You want to folow the Danny Synder approach and we don't have the resources to do that.

NE built through the draft and with mid-level free agents. Mostly through the draft. Once they started winning they were able to get veterans to play for the market value or less.