Bills take Cutler?

Marv and dick are not sold on the QB's we have?

Didn't they just bring in Nall, a guy they keep praising for being talented and could compete for the starting job?

I think they believe we have good QB's, they just don't know which ones better

And we are not going to find a Pro Bowl Qb drafting one in the first round this year with the lines we have now.

But if I was a fan of a team interested in getting a QB in the first round, my list would be Lienart, Cutler, then Young.

656855[/snapback]

Your point on Nall backs up the possibility they will look in the draft. If Nall & JP havn't got it...like I said, a Pro bowl Qb is needed.

The lines we have now are not the lines we will have in 2 years.

Honestly, I don't see them as disasterous as most do...1 DT make the D-line respectable & 1 OT (& some luck) for the O-line.

I know this comment will draw the ire of a lot but that's how I see it.

Again, I'm not saying I think we will draft a QB at #8, I'm saying that if those conditions are in fact facts, I can see it is a possibility

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given all that, I still don't expect them to draft one myself but I can see a logic if they do.

656853[/snapback]

Nice that you can see both sides of the argument. Those more narrow-minded than you have labeled Prisco a lousy would-be GM on the basis of this one difference of opinion.

Your point on Nall backs up the possibility they will look in the draft.  If Nall & JP havn't got it...like I said, a Pro bowl Qb is needed.

656864[/snapback]

That backs up the fact that they will draft a QB next year, not this year. They have their competitors for this season, I think they want to give them a chance to see what they will do this year before they use a #8 pick on one this year. This may mean they draft a project one in a later round this year (maybe with the extra 5th), but not at #8

That backs up the fact that they will draft a QB next year, not this year. They have their competitors for this season, I think they want to give them a chance to see what they will do this year before they use a #8 pick on one this year. This may mean they draft a project one in a later round this year (maybe with the extra 5th), but not at #8

656937[/snapback]

I think they want to give them a chance too but...

I think there is the possibility they will pull the trigger quickly. Drafting a QB next year might be just one too many years for them to be comfortable with.

If you notice, teams that are rebuilding that don't get it right with their 1st round pick QB, are usually back where they started 3/4 years later.(Bills-Johnson, Bledsoe. Lions, Ravens, Bengals-Akili Smith, Bears, etc etc)

...as opposed to teams that get a probowler with their 1st round pick QB.(Steelers, Bengals-Palmer, Eagles, Colts etc, etc)

I will be nervous as hell if they draft Young or Cutler but I won't be surprised nor angry.

I will be extremely angry if they wast this years #8 on another QB. Who says any of these guys are going to be Pro Bowlers? Didn't Ryan Leaf get taken 2nd overall (and many were not sure weither it would be Manning or Leaf 1st overall)

The steelers (you have to admit this is true) got lucky that BR came right in and was successful, it is very rare that this will happen

Palmer took a few years and went through some tough times before he developed into a starting QB

From what I heard Manning and McNabb didn't have great first years and took a bit of time to develop into team leaders.

One thing they all had in common, they played in more then 8 games before the team decided weither they were the answer or not.

If anything, if the bills were interested in another QB, they should be looking for another veteran QB to be more of a mentor to the younger ones and help with their development. Nall and Rodgers were drafted so they could learn behind Favre. Warner was brought to the giants to help develop Manning. They do not need another QB with little experience to come in.

What happens if JP or Nall (hell, even Holcomb) winds up playing like a Pro Bowler this year? Then we wasted another 1st rounder who will not get us the value of a #8 pick if he gets traded.

Getting another QB in the 1st round this year is basically a PR move to see merchandise and tickets, and will not be helping this team rebuild. If this were to happen, this franchise is in serious trouble, and Marv is not the right guy for the job cause he obviously has no clue what is wrong with this team

I will be extremely angry if they wast this years #8 on another  QB. Who says any of these guys are going to be Pro Bowlers? Didn't Ryan Leaf get taken 2nd overall (and many were not sure weither it would be Manning or Leaf 1st overall)

The steelers (you have to admit this is true) got lucky that BR came right in and was successful, it is very rare that this will happen

Palmer took a few years and went through some tough times before he developed into a starting QB

From what I heard Manning and McNabb didn't have great first years and took a bit of time to develop into team leaders.

One thing they all had in common, they played in more then 8 games before the team decided weither they were the answer or not.

If anything, if the bills were interested in another QB, they should be looking for another veteran QB to be more of a mentor to the younger ones and help with their development. Nall and Rodgers were drafted so they could learn behind Favre. Warner was brought to the giants to help develop Manning. They do not need another QB with little experience to come in.

What happens if JP or Nall (hell, even Holcomb) winds up playing like a Pro Bowler this year? Then we wasted another 1st rounder who will not get us the value of a #8 pick if he gets traded.

Getting another QB in the 1st round this year is basically a PR move to see merchandise and tickets, and will not be helping this team rebuild. If this were to happen, this franchise is in serious trouble, and Marv is not the right guy for the job cause he obviously has no clue what is wrong with this team

656948[/snapback]

Golly, you do sound angry & it's only theoretical at this point.

The points you made on Palmer, Manning & McNabb are exactly what I have been saying. It takes years(3) for the young QB to become a true asset.

Therefore if the people being paid the big bucks think that there isn't much chance that JP or Nall will blossom, it makes sense they will look elsewhere(& not waste the extra years)

What happens if one of them becomes a Pro Bowler? Just look at SD. If Brees had not gotten seriously injured, they could have recouped value on Rivers easily.

If we had Young or Cutler backing up like Rivers(consider the hype on these two), we would be fine.

Again I say I can see the logic if it happens. I do not understand why lots of Bills fans(i.e. you) look at the concept with such vehemence.

PRO BOWL QBs WIN SUPER BOWLS!

Basically, if JP or Nall do not pan out, it could well be a decade without seeing a

playoff victory.

If Cutler falls to #8, it will open up a great trade opportunity for us - with the Vikings, perhaps, or the Rams.

If Davis falls to #8, I'm thinking we may be able to trade that pick to Denver for both of its 1st rounders.

656403[/snapback]

I think the first comment you posted could be very realistic. on the other hand, I don't think Denver will give up both 1st round picks.

You would have to think that if we were taking a quarterback with the number 8 pick, we would have brought a QB for a workout. Since we brought in a S and a G, I dont see us taking a QB. There is still time before the draft so you never know but I dont see it happening.

You could make a good case that Mike Williams was the dumbest move in Bills history.  Followed closely by Flowers.

657714[/snapback]

so far the dumbest move in Bills history was drafting Walt Patulski (a defensive lineman of all things out of Notre Dame.) as the number one pick of the entire draft. He was a bust. That pick rivals ALL picks by ALL teams in ALL drafts as the dumbest...so far.