Clements a hold out?

beerme1

Apparently Nate as I previously mentioned would be pissed by having the franchise tag placed on him, is proving me out. He has not signed and I don't think he will sign. He is this teams biggest headache right now weather you care to admit it or not, your problem.

Although I figured he would sign and play at a level less than he is capable of, it now appears that he he is also saying screw you clowns! Mostly Sabre fans!

So forget about using Nate for one year at reasonable money, he will sit out. Count on WM leaving as quick as he can also, but again, I have previously stated that as well so you know thats coming too. But back to Nate, I am dissapointed in this tactic but can't begrudge the guy the motive. What the hell, all the big shot NFL owners treat the players like cattle and Nate will be an example of how to stick it back to the cheap small market teams that wont show him the money.

Take a first rounder and say see ya Nate!! if Marv can, Get Er Done Hahahaha

Apparently Nate as I previously mentioned would be pissed by having the franchise tag placed on him, is proving me out. He has not signed and I don't think he will sign. He is this teams biggest headache right now weather you care to admit it or not, your problem.

Although I figured he would sign and play at a level less than he is capable of, it now appears that he he is also saying screw you clowns! Mostly Sabre fans!

So forget about using Nate for one year at reasonable money, he will sit out. Count on WM leaving as quick as he can also, but again, I have previously stated that as well so you know thats coming too. But back to Nate, I am dissapointed in this tactic but can't begrudge the guy the motive. What the hell, all the big shot NFL owners treat the players like cattle and Nate will be an example of how to stick it back to the cheap small market teams that wont show him the money.

656232[/snapback]

Almost all Franchise players wait to sign their contracts. It's just how the game is played. He'll sign, and he'll play.

656232[/snapback]

This is just silly. It's freakin APRIL. This will probably won't get done til right around training camp. There is NO WAY Nate sits. They are trying to negotiate a longer deal. If/when it become clear that isn't going to happen, he'll sign his one-year deal and report. This is how it usually happens with Franchised guys. Are you the new Chicken Little?

Year before?

656511[/snapback]

I cant remember when or if a franchise tagged player sat the season out. Sure, they want a long term contract and a bunch of them have held out through training camp, but come the start of the season, the player signs the tender and plays. They arent going to give up that much money to sit out and make a point.