Am I the only on that thinks...

it's fuggin ridicules that the NFL can't start the season on the first Sunday of September??? I'd love to hear an intelligent reason? It can't be a Labor Day issue If you can have games on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day???

Jeff

:)

it's fuggin ridicules that the NFL can't start the season on the first Sunday of September??? I'd love to hear an intelligent reason? It can't be a Labor Day issue If you can have games on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day???

Jeff

655087[/snapback]

Me thinks tis the end of the season that's dragging the 17 week-long season behind it.

They doesn't wants to end it on December 24th (Christmas eve for those of you who might not be sensitive to the culture). If they did, lots of mommys and little childrens could be upset with the daddys and uncle earls of the world who just might be paying more attention to the grunting and sweating of millionaire athletes than properly wrapping their lovely gifty thingies for said same mommys and childrens. Not to mention the damper on drinking the whole Christmas eve thing would put on the daddys and uncle earls of the world.

Besides, the League wouldn't want the playoffs to begin at the height of the College Bowl games.

That's my 1.5 ¢s

not going on christmas eve .if i lived buffalo i would go . last chance to vacation on labor day and a lot of colleges start that weekend .

655134[/snapback]

I see your point but this country revolves around the NFL. 10's of thousands of people have already booked hotel rooms all across the country in the short time since the 2006 sched. has come out. There isn't a time or a Holiday they couldn't put it on and lose ratings.

Jeff

Jeff

655087[/snapback]

Last time I heard, it was due to people traveling on the long weekend.

Unlike Thanksgiving, Christmas, people use the labor day weekend to make

that long trip before the schools/univ. all start. Plus that weekend also

signifies end of summer.

Last time I heard, it was due to people traveling on the long weekend.

Unlike Thanksgiving, Christmas, people use the labor day weekend to make

that long trip before the schools/univ. all start. Plus that weekend also

signifies end of summer.

655164[/snapback]

the start of football , BILLS football

Jeff

655087[/snapback]

Ah, but it is the Labor Day issue. The NFL has tried starting the season on Labor Day weekend in the past only to have the TV ratings go in the tank. The networks have balked ever since. People are INDOORS on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day. Great masses huddled around TV sets. Just the way the networks prefer. Labor Day is a different story. Last big escape of the summer and all that. Not enough people indoors. Yada Yada Yada.

GO BILLS!!!

I read a few years a go that it was to ensure that the Super Bowl was played in February, which is sweeps month for the network ratings numbers.

655187[/snapback]

You may be on to something here!

Jeff

Jeff

655087[/snapback]

I don't think so.

But then again, I'm not facing the Lacanian real...