No official word on Moulds trade?

It hasn't hit the NFL transaction list, and neither the Bills nor the Texans have made an official announcement. What does this mean? You think they're still haggling or what?

I guess they may be waiting for somebody to blink. I still think Marv should push for one of the 3rd round picks. They aren't going to cut Eric.

By the way, how come Eric won't consider a pay cut for the Bills, yet he will sign a 4 year deal that averages 3.5 million per?

I lost ya there.

654210[/snapback]

Probably because you don't read past your own posts.

Not a dig, it's that offseason thing. Any levity here is dead. Only seriously considered inside expert Bills posts, here.

You have only brought up the same thing mentioned about 600 times. But, it's much better to be adverse to levity than it is to hear the same thing 600 times.

It gets really bad during study hall hour.

It hasn't hit the NFL transaction list, and neither the Bills nor the Texans have made an official announcement.  What does this mean?  You think they're still haggling or what? 

654185[/snapback]

I'm waiting too....I find it interesting....if Moulds can be had for a 4th and that low of a contract, maybe Phili or Denver is back in the race.

It sounded like E.Moulds personal advisor was trying to force the Bills to buckle but Marv seems to be standing strong....You Go Marv!!

I thought there was a link that the deal was done and it was their 5th rd pick?

654458[/snapback]

Speculation from newspapers.....Neither team has confirmed the compensation...

Even ESPN said it was a for a 2nd day draft pick, either a 4th or 5th...I don't think its known yet.

The faster it is official the better. He has been a big headache for this team for a long time and the trade is asprin. He'll make about 40 catches a year with Carr in command. He'll help Carr up from a sack about 40 times too.

I also find it very interesting and confusing....

We are not talking about some waiver wire WR who has been out of football for a year.....

This a former pro bowler who was the number 1 option on his team.

654290[/snapback]

My guess (and this is simply a guess) is that what interests me a great deal was how little support Moulds got from his fellow teammates which led up to his suspension.

There certainly was enough conflict (a player vs. a coach, a player vs. an HC who suspended him) that one would think that the other players or at least some of them would have come to his defense (I mean for goshsakes, Trotter and some of the other Iggles even came to TO's defense).

However, even with the the player head of the NFLPA Troy Vincent on his team there was nary a word of support for Moulds from his teammates.

The theory was that the dispute between Moulds and the Bills was about the money (a good theory actually as when folks claim publicly in disputes that it is a matter of principle and not about the money it turns out often that it is about the money actually.

However, in this case EM settled for a very affordable amount from the Texans that the Bills easily coulda, shoulda, or woulda settled for in order to have EM/Evans run the EM/PP game as our #1 and #2 (or should I say #2 and #1) WRs.

My sense is that Moulds's teammates did not react well or the manner that served Moulds after he through his hissy fit on the sidelines when he was used as a decoy attracting Miami attention and allowing Evans/Losman to scored TDs all over the Fins in the 1st quarter.

I suspect it did not help Moulds' case with his teammates that he through his fit complaiing about lack of use, when actually he was used quite well by the Bills to free up Evans and what Moulds was really cheesed about was not being used to score TDsd personally even though he was used quite well for the team to score TDS.

I would not be shocked if almost all his teammates judged his whining to be personal what about me ism rather than legit complaints for the TEAMS benefit. It also did not help EM's case at all that the direct receiver of his rage was Tyke Tolbert, who in addition to also being an African-American (out went any ability for EM to play the race card or for teammates to even legitimately wonder if that was an issue here) is still with the team under Marv and seems to get along fine with the other WRs.

Marv was on record a number of times singing Moulds' praises and while this may have been said so as not to undercut his trade value, if the stories of the Texans getting him for both chump change and a second day draft choice are tru, it may be that the issue here is that both EM and his teammates are done with each other.

My guess (and this is simply a guess) is that what interests me a great deal was ..........................

654511[/snapback]

In english, you said, " I'm guessing about what I would find interesting..."

If you have to guess about what interests you then for me, it isn't worth reading.