Moulds is a quitter

eball

If EM had gone to a playoff team, or a team that is just a piece away from competing for the Super Bowl, I would have understood his motivations and wished him well. I don't blame him for being frustrated at the revolving door of QBs and coaches he has had to endure over the course of his Buffalo career.

Going to the Texans, however, tells me that EM is nothing but a primadonna and a quitter. He can spin it any way he chooses, gushing about Andre Johnson and how exciting the Houston offense will be, but it's all ringing very hollow. Houston will struggle to be .500 next season, and EM will likely end his career in a few years without another playoff appearance.

Rather than staying in Buffalo and reworking his deal so that he could essentially still make the same money as what he will be paid in Houston, while helping to solidify his legacy in Buffalo and bring the Bills back to respectability, EM took the whining, crybaby, quitter route.

I will remember EM in a Bills' uniform for all the wrong reasons -- fumbling against Miami in the playoffs after catching a bomb, dropping far too many passes than a #1 WR should drop, pouting on the sideline and quitting after seeing Evans catch 3 TDs, and now this.

I'm so glad EM never really approached Andre's numbers as a Bill, and I look forward to watching Lee Evans surpass him in about 6 or 7 years.

The Bills may miss EM's veteran pass-catching skills in '06, but they'll be better off without him financially, and by '07 he'll be a distant memory.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually...and I hate to bring this up...but many of the players in the NFL are in it for the money. I'm sure we all would like to think they stay out of loyalty, or whatever...but its all about the Benjamins. Houston came up with the bucks. For Houston its a good deal as it gives Carr the beginnings of a very good receiving corps. The Bills quit on Moulds as much as Moulds quit on the Bills. Best of luck to him, but it was time for him and the Bills to part company. Lets look to the future.

What production?

I'm excited about Lee Evans. Lee has far more ability than Eric. Or atleast he has shown it from the beginning and Eric was just another receiver on our team when he first came out from college.

Moulds was horribly inconsistant last year. He has the big body and thats that. He pick and choose when he wanted to play hard and that drove me nuts.

You may be right....

But I hope that the bills have a plan to replace his production..:angry:

652900[/snapback]

I am gald he is gone also. At one time EM was the Bills in persona. Now he is what he is, a team wrecker. I know that with Moulds gone this team will be better. The team spirit will be better and I think EM knows Marv was not going to put up with Moulds crying the meshawn song. Therefore production is replaced with getting rid of of EM becuae he was costing this team prodcution that cannot be seen as he was killing other areas of the team.

I disagree completely. How in the hell do you know why he decided to go to Houston instead of Philadelphia? Are you good friends with Emo?

Life is bigger than football, maybe...just maybe he did it for more personal reasons. That doesn't make him a quitter.

Ya know...everyone is knocking houston. Lets look at that offense.

QB: Carr

RB: Bush, Davis

WR: Moulds, A. Johnson, Gaffney

Thats a good offense. Now, they need an OL...but yikes.

If these guys pick up 2-3 decent OL, and a few defensive players...seriously...they arent that bad.

Ya know...everyone is knocking houston.  Lets look at that offense.

Thats a good offense.  Now, they need an OL...but yikes.

If these guys pick up 2-3 decent OL, and a few defensive players...seriously...they arent that bad.

653619[/snapback]

They will pick up an OL in the draft with their picks other than Bush of course at #1. My concern for the Bills is who will emerge as the #2 receiver for the Bills? Will it be Andre Davis? Josh Reed? (wasn't easy for him the first time) All I can say is that we better "Circle the wagons" and really be prepared for this draft to try and fill as many needs as we can.

They will pick up an OL in the draft with their picks other than Bush of course at #1. My concern for the Bills is who will emerge as the #2 receiver for the Bills? Will it be Andre Davis? Josh Reed? (wasn't easy for him the first time) All I can say is that we better "Circle the wagons" and really be prepared for this draft to try and fill as many needs as we can.

I think we are writing off this season...We have too many holes to fill in just one draft. I'd say 3-13 is likely next year, although our schedule appears very easy.

First of all, the Texans gave him $5 million up front as a signing bonus. Staying with the Bills would have involved staying for LESS than he could have received elsewhere. So get your facts straight.

Second, if you saw the pathetic excuse for a passing game this team has had over the years, then you would understand his frustrations. One can only hope Fairchild sets things straight in this organization from an offensive standpoint because the team surely needs it. By going to Houston, Moulds gets to a team that could contend in a few years and has a great offensive-minded head coach. Cincinnati managed to turn things around in 2 years. Same can happen in Houston now that they have some solid pieces in place.

The Bills, on the other hand, have an aging defense, an uncertain QB situation for the 10th straight year, a putrid offensive line that has been continuously ignored, and an inexperienced general manager who has been out of football for 10 years.

But yeah.... I hate Moulds!!! He sucks!!!! It's all HIS FAULT!!!!!!

Bills RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!

If EM had gone to a playoff team, or a team that is just a piece away from competing for the Super Bowl, I would have understood his motivations and wished him well.  I don't blame him for being frustrated at the revolving door of QBs and coaches he has had to endure over the course of his Buffalo career.

Going to the Texans, however, tells me that EM is nothing but a primadonna and a quitter.  He can spin it any way he chooses, gushing about Andre Johnson and how exciting the Houston offense will be, but it's all ringing very hollow.  Houston will struggle to be .500 next season, and EM will likely end his career in a few years without another playoff appearance.

Rather than staying in Buffalo and reworking his deal so that he could essentially still make the same money as what he will be paid in Houston, while helping to solidify his legacy in Buffalo and bring the Bills back to respectability, EM took the whining, crybaby, quitter route.

I will remember EM in a Bills' uniform for all the wrong reasons -- fumbling against Miami in the playoffs after catching a bomb, dropping far too many passes than a #1 WR should drop, pouting on the sideline and quitting after seeing Evans catch 3 TDs, and now this.

I'm so glad EM never really approached Andre's numbers as a Bill, and I look forward to watching Lee Evans surpass him in about 6 or 7 years.

The Bills may miss EM's veteran pass-catching skills in '06, but they'll be better off without him financially, and by '07 he'll be a distant memory.

652883[/snapback]

If EM had gone to a playoff team, or a team that is just a piece away from competing for the Super Bowl, I would have understood his motivations and wished him well.  I don't blame him for being frustrated at the revolving door of QBs and coaches he has had to endure over the course of his Buffalo career.

Going to the Texans, however, tells me that EM is nothing but a primadonna and a quitter.  He can spin it any way he chooses, gushing about Andre Johnson and how exciting the Houston offense will be, but it's all ringing very hollow.  Houston will struggle to be .500 next season, and EM will likely end his career in a few years without another playoff appearance.

652883[/snapback]

You know what, I think he just wanted a change. When you work/play in one place for 10 years you can get the itch to check out something new. He also seems to like the fact that he will be closer to his family in Miss. He owes the Bills nothing, they are the ones that didn't want to continue under his deal. It's a business and the door swings both ways.

There shouldn't be animosity toward a guy that gave most of his career to the team and the city, likewise there should be no animosity from Moulds.

Ya know...everyone is knocking houston.  Lets look at that offense.

Thats a good offense.  Now, they need an OL...but yikes.

653619[/snapback]

Just to clear this up Jabar Gaffney is no longer with the texans. He's with the eagles now but otherwise agreed. I also dont think it's a given they take reggie bush either.

You know, E, I felt the exact same way when I first heard about the trade. Eric was one of my all-time favorites for many reasons, and I guess I felt betrayed. No one likes to hear or accept the fact that someone they like prefers someone else (or someone else's team as the case may be).

But I've come to accept it. Try not tot think about it as a football team, but as a job. Imagine Eric Moulds is not a wide receiver, but a regular worker at a company that has seen much turmoil and disapointment in his 10 years with them. Imagine every time he has started to get comfortable, his boss gets fired or his co-workers get transfered. Imagine he has had 9 different supervisors in 10 years ranging from pathetically imcompetent to basically mediocre. Imagine he doesn't get along with his current supervisor, no one who was there when he was hired still remains and the company has just come under new management and the future is very uncertain. And finally he has had some new job offers that at the very least provide a lateral move.

Now, imagine that was you.

Sometimes its just time for a change....my two cents anyway.

You know, E, I felt the exact same way when I first heard about the trade.  Eric was one of my all-time favorites for many reasons, and I guess I felt betrayed.  No one likes to hear or accept the fact that someone they like prefers someone else (or someone else's team as the case may be).

But I've come to accept it.  Try not tot think about it as a football team, but as a job.  Imagine Eric Moulds is not a wide receiver, but a regular worker at a company that has seen much turmoil and disapointment in his 10 years with them.  Imagine every time he has started to get comfortable, his boss gets fired or his co-workers get transfered.  Imagine he has had 9 different supervisors in 10 years ranging from pathetically imcompetent to basically mediocre.  Imagine he doesn't get along with his current supervisor, no one who was there when he was hired still remains and the company has just come under new management and the future is very uncertain.  And finally he has had some new job offers that at the very least provide a lateral move.

Now, imagine that was you.

Sometimes its just time for a change....my two cents anyway.

653703[/snapback]

I appreciate the thoughtful response. I'm not "upset" that Moulds jilted the Bills, however. I'm just expressing my opinion as to his motivations. The Bills just replaced an overrated Donahoe and knucklehead Mularkey with two guys who have oodles of experience and a definite "calming" effect on the organization. Hardly the chaos some would have you believe. It would have been nice to see a player of the caliber Moulds believes he is stick with an organization to the end.

I really am glad he's gone. He has been declining for several years, and the Bills need to move on. If he blows up at Houston this year, good for him. He'll still be sitting at home in January.

... and so will your beloved Bills, as they have since 1996, among the longest playoff droughts in the NFL today.

:lol:

If he blows up at Houston this year, good for him.  He'll still be sitting at home in January.

653715[/snapback]

You may be right....

But I hope that the bills have a plan to replace his production..:P

652900[/snapback]

You know, why does everyone have this defeatist thing with him being gone? Are we only going to be allowed to field 10 players on offense next season?

He took less money to play for a team that has just as many questions as the Bills. The stink of it, tho, is how Moulds said during his visit that he was looking forward to working out with the QB and WRs in the offseason.... Maybe if he'd done that last year, he wouldn't have been on a different page as Losman and Evans who really did connect. You only get out what you put in. Many of his recent problems have been of his own making. So, blue skies and green lights, Eric! :lol:

All the more reason to simply "root for the laundry."

Lastly, I refuse to take seriously the opinions of people who actually call him 'EMO.' Greg Johnson, is that you?

I disagree completely. How in the hell do you know why he decided to go to Houston instead of Philadelphia? Are you good friends with Emo?

Life is bigger than football, maybe...just maybe he did it for more personal reasons. That doesn't make him a quitter.

653613[/snapback]

In my opinion, as far as Eric's relationship with the Bills goes, Eric is a quitter.

"Rumor" has it that Eric has signed for a 4 year $12 million deal, with a signing bonus of $5 million. So unless his salary stays the same or goes down each year, it would mean that Eric took a pay cut from what he was to receive from the Bills this year. Something he wasn't willing to do with the Bills. If he was going to a team that has the potential to go deep into the playoffs then I would understand this. Houston is not making a serious run this year, therefore he IS quitting on the Bills.

I really enjoyed Eric in his time here. I think he was the 2nd best receiver the Bills ever had. He might have been the best if he was in Reed's shoes, or similar circumstances. However he did quit the Bills. I'm sure he had his reasons, but it was not because he was trying to win a ring.

What production?

652924[/snapback]

Exactly. 10 TD's in the past 3 seasons...a steady career ypc decline that bottomed at 10.1 last year...I don't think our receiving corps is as doomed as people think. If we ever decide to fix our OL this offseason, we may not even notice his absence. In terms of the deep routes, we've actually gotten stronger (by replacing Moulds with the much faster Davis).