I wish we had more players who thought like Ralph.

"I have 46 years of my life invested in this franchise and in Western New York. There are those who don't care about us, our passionate fans or our hard-working taxpayers. Well, I do! I am not going to sugar coat this and I am not going down without a fight. The people who have supported us for these 46 years deserve more than that."

Is this the same guy that got flamed from some of our "fans"? Mr. Wilson's resolve is the faceplate of like so many of the blue collar, hardworking, LOYAL fans of this community. I'm proud to be a Buffalo Bill fan and to have our team owned by someone like Mr. Wilson.

"I have 46 years of my life invested in this franchise and in Western New York. There are those who don't care about us, our passionate fans or our hard-working taxpayers. Well, I do! I am not going to sugar coat this and I am not going down without a fight. The people who have supported us for these 46 years deserve more than that."

Is this the same guy that got flamed from some of our "fans"? Mr. Wilson's resolve is the faceplate of like so many of the blue collar, hardworking, LOYAL fans of this community. I'm proud to be a Buffalo Bill fan and to have our team owned by someone like Mr. Wilson.

652168[/snapback]

I agree with this 100%. I am a huge fan of Ralph Wilson (as evidence by my avatar). I don't get all these people who bash this man, call him cheap, or even talk about him dying (which if even a joke is in very bad taste). Granted, I'm 25 and haven't been around for as long as some Bills fans, but when has he been cheap? Maybe that time he kept the nucleus of the 4 time AFC champs together??? Or perhaps when we signed free agents like Spikes, Posey, Fletcher, etc??? Or trusted TD to run the franchise and hire a young upcoming coach like he did in Pittsburgh (no one was complaining about MM after he went 9-7 in his first year)??? No ones wants a winner more than Wilson. I could understand this bashing if we were the Saints or Cardinals, who have notriously bad owners. But Ralph Wilson is a great man who has done so much for this area. Sorry for the rant but it pisses me off when people bash this man. Plus he could probably kick everyone's butt in tennis. :) Go Bills!!!

Yeah, there's no room to criticize Ralph at all.....We're lucky to have him as an owner.

652230[/snapback]

Agreed and it's almost sickening the things that people have been saying about him lately. Granted we are all frustrated with the current state of things, but no one is probably as frustrated as Mr. Wilson. If only Norwood would have made that kick. :):)

Agreed and it's almost sickening the things that people have been saying about him lately.  Granted we are all frustrated with the current state of things, but no one is probably as frustrated as Mr. Wilson.  If only Norwood would have made that kick.  :)  :)

652236[/snapback]

lol...friggin Norwood. I can't watch the highlights from any of those games on ESPN when they play them just before the Superbowl every year....but that one still hurts the most.....DAMMIT....we were THAT CLOSE.

youth?

652233[/snapback]

You joined in 2004 with that name? lol Wow.....I actually liked RJ. If you take his massive nuts and put them on someone with a bigger brain, you've got one helluva QB.

lol...friggin Norwood. I can't watch the highlights from any of those games on ESPN when they play them just before the Superbowl every year....but that one still hurts the most.....DAMMIT....we were THAT CLOSE.

652239[/snapback]

Hate to bring it up but don't you think people would be less likely to criticize him if we won one Super Bowl??? I also wonder if he would be in the Hall of Fame if the Bills had one. Things that make you go hmm.

Hate to bring it up but don't you think people would be less likely to criticize him if we won one Super Bowl???  I also wonder if he would be in the Hall of Fame if the Bills had one.  Things that make you go hmm.

652245[/snapback]

Heck yeah, I think winning a superbowl can go a LONG way toward changing a whole lot of impressions. Look at Elway the the Broncos. They were basically viewed the same was as we were. What do people think of them now? I think if we win one of those four, we're viewed as one of the best teams ever. That being said, I do think we lost to the better team in three out of the four games. There was no excuse for us losing that first one with Hostetler in at QB and after beating them earlier in the season. Oh well.....

652168[/snapback]

Back in the Super Bowl era, I met a young man at a sports bar watching the Bills with the local Bills Backers. The young man grew up in LA, graduated from Notre Dame and was living in St. Louis at the time. His favorite team was the Bills. I asked him why and he said "Ralph Wilson". He heard Ralph speak at one of his business classes and he said that ever since he has admired the man, his ethics and values, and how he runs a business. He told me some things about Ralph that I never knew. He is a great man from a generation that gave us many great men.

Back in the Super Bowl era, I met a young man at a sports bar watching the Bills with the local Bills Backers.  The young man grew up in LA, graduated from Notre Dame and was living in St. Louis at the time.  His favorite team was the Bills.  I asked him why and he said "Ralph Wilson".  He heard Ralph speak at one of his business classes and he said that ever since he has admired the man, his ethics and values, and how he runs a business.  He told me some things about Ralph that I never knew.  He is a great man from a generation that gave us many great men.

652546[/snapback]

Agreed...Mr. Wilson is a man of honor and integrity. I really wish people had longer memories of what he did for Buffalo. You can say that the team is a business and rightfully note that he makes money off of it. But he EASILY could have moved the team OR tried to hold out for a king's ransom in the last stadium deal. He did neither. He kept the team where it belongs.

I, for one, truly appreciate what he has done, and I hope other fans realize it too.

Agreed and it's almost sickening the things that people have been saying about him lately.  Granted we are all frustrated with the current state of things, but no one is probably as frustrated as Mr. Wilson.  If only Norwood would have made that kick.  :angry:  :w00t:

652236[/snapback]

Dam you Norwood!

I appreciate what Ralph has done, and we all have to understand that if you are an owner of a Perkins or a NFL franchise you want it to be successful no matter what. Ralph has been a staple in Buffalo forever, who cares if hes old alot of owners are old, as long as hes not dribbling pea soup on himself and falling asleep in meetings then I believe he will do whatever he can to get this franchise back to prominance, GO BILLS!

This is great that Mr. Wilson is talking about this, hell he needs to scream about this, to all the people in Albany and in NY (NFL). Mr. Wilson is saying that the NFL must keep a team in Buffalo, please don't give me the old argument that business packs up and moves away and life goes on, this is not your standard wigget business, this is part of the soul of a community, a region; so scream Mr. Wilson until they not only hear you but that they understand you.

Oh and it probably is a really good time to also start talking about selling the team to people who WILL keep the team in Buffalo. You need to talk to people, not your kids and certainly not the NFL after you carry on to that great sky box in the sky.

I think most of the people who follow the NFL (ESPN, etc.) are all looking pretty

stupid right now. The old age jokes about Ralph during the owners meetings were getting offensive. Now that the dust has settled and they're beginning to see how this agreement will affect everyone, you don't hear a peep about how "old and

senile" Ralph is.

I think the NFL will try to keep the team in Buffalo, because they rely heavily on tradition in terms of how they market the sport. I live about an hour away from

Cleveland here in Youngstown, and the fallout from Modell moving the Browns to Baltimore was huge. There were many local and regional businesses here that

became very vindictive against the NFL, and of course the fans were beserk.

I think (hope) the league learned something from that.