Clumpy, Can You hear Me?

I know that we ask a lot, but PLEASE give us an estimate of the cap space we will have in 07 now that the 2 biggest drains are gone!

I am thinking that between these moves and the scheduled cap increase, we have to be sitting like never before.

Thanks once again Clump Man!

I know that we ask a lot, but PLEASE give us an estimate of the cap space we will have in 07 now that the 2 biggest drains are gone!

I am thinking that between these moves and the scheduled cap increase, we have to be sitting like never before.

Thanks once again Clump Man!

651954[/snapback]

Yippee!!!! Looks like there's a lot of free agents out there for us to sign!

Did you read the part about 07?  :)

651993[/snapback]

If it was about 2007, we could have kept Moulds for 2006 and then cut him after the season, for a lot less dead cap space.....

Suffice to say, trading him *now* doesn't make a ton of "cap sense."

If it was about 2007, we could have kept Moulds for 2006 and then cut him after the season, for a lot less dead cap space.....

Suffice to say, trading him *now* doesn't make a ton of "cap sense."

652060[/snapback]

Because he's traded, all dead cap space is in 2006. So if you're freeing up cap space for 2007, there's no better way to do it than trading Moulds now. Also saves 5 million cap $ over keeping him this year. Win win-especially if we can do what we did in 1985 & find a great WR in the 4th round

Because he's traded, all dead cap space is in 2006.  So if you're freeing up cap space for 2007, there's no better way to do it than trading Moulds now.  Also saves 5 million cap $ over keeping him this year. Win win-especially if we can do what we did in 1985 & find a great WR in the 4th round

652072[/snapback]

Thank you Harv! Btw, how are you?

Because he's traded, all dead cap space is in 2006.  So if you're freeing up cap space for 2007, there's no better way to do it than trading Moulds now.  Also saves 5 million cap $ over keeping him this year. Win win-especially if we can do what we did in 1985 & find a great WR in the 4th round

652072[/snapback]

Harv,

You forgot the fact that if Moulds - no less than our best offensive player - is on the roster in 2006 then the cap space isn't "dead."

JDG

Harv,

You forgot the fact that if Moulds - no less than our best offensive player - is on the roster in 2006 then the cap space isn't "dead."

JDG

652118[/snapback]

I was talking about 2007 dead space if he's cut or traded after 2006. Since he's traded now, the dead space takes place in what is basically a "no win" season. If we're going for it all in 2007, we've freed up more space

Bingo!  Maybe he'll be taking his dirt nap by '07?

651997[/snapback]

So many so called fans jump on the cheap bandwagon without even knowing the facts. The Bills are 19th in total payroll and 21st in median (2004 data). That means they are about middle of the pack and don't throw money down the drain on 2 or 3 ridiculous salaries. Teams that spend a lot more include the Texans (3rd overall) and look what they have. Its not just how much you spend but also how you spend it.