$30 for a signed copy?

Gary M

MR. ARM:Well, we've made our decision. We want "The Kramer."

[CUT TO: Jerry's apartment, night. Jerry and George are watching a baseball game and talking.]

GEORGE: Five-thousand? Why would anybody buy Kramer for $5000? (laughs)

Art used to require talent.

Now its just a bunch of drugged up unemployed hippies who make crap and have to explain how its art or have no idea what it is so they tell you to think and figure out what it is.

And yet people pay for this crap.

650861[/snapback]

What century was this written in?

Art used to require talent.

Now its just a bunch of drugged up unemployed hippies who make crap and have to explain how its art or have no idea what it is so they tell you to think and figure out what it is.

And yet people pay for this crap.

650861[/snapback]

:w00t:

Ok I guess people are getting confused with my comments.

I'm not dissing all art, some of it is good, alot of it is crap

Has anybody ever been to an art gallery or seen the stuff that is in one these days. An artist like Picasso painted something that looked good and atleast required some talent.

These days you draw a line on a canvas and it gets sold for thousands cause someone claims they are an artist and it represents something. This is supposedly art, a woman taking pics of her peeing in different places.

I guess I'm just opne of those people who appreciates something cause it took some talent to do, not something that took some talent to sell. (By that I mean they need to think of some creative way to refer to it as art so some rich idiot will buy it)

You do this after a beer crawl and you get arrested for indecent exposure, etc.

Do it in the name of art.....

Hey wait a minute- I believe humans were created by explosive diarhea.

Ok I guess people are getting confused with my comments.

I'm not dissing all art, some of it is good, alot of it is crap

Has anybody ever been to an art gallery or seen the stuff that is in one these days. An artist like Picasso painted something that looked good and atleast required some talent.

These days you draw a line on a canvas and it gets sold for thousands cause someone claims they are an artist and it represents something. This is supposedly art, a woman taking pics of her peeing in different places.

I guess I'm just opne of those people who appreciates something cause it took some talent to do, not something that took some talent to sell. (By that I mean they need to think of some creative way to refer to it as art so some rich idiot will buy it)

651733[/snapback]

Well, if you are comparing Picasso to some nobody who tried something stupid and got published for it...well then I can't argue.

But I will say that even Picasso put out some crap. In his case, whether it was crap or not it was worth a fortune just becuase it was a Picasso.

And you can go find horrible art throughout history. You can also go out now and find some really amazing stuff. Comparing this crap to one of the greatest artists in the history of man is a bit out there though.