Ngata stock dropping

At this point one month ago, I had my "likely" ontheboard/possible pick for the Bills a # 8 down to Ngata/Davis/Huff with Ngat being the "expert" favorite and Davis being my personal favorite. Although there has been some conjecture that one of the following 5 might drop to the Bills, I doubt it so let me remove the following names (assuming no Bills trade):

Leinart/Bush/Mario Williams/Ferguson/AJ Hawk

I also think Cutler and Young will be gone but it is possible one or both will be there.

This leaves Ngata/Davis/Huff

It seems to me that Huff is the best fit considering the Bills needs and the strength at the DT/OT and TE position after round 1 (not to mention the Bils already signed a DT, a TE and drafed a TE in round 3 last year).

I wouldn't cry one tear if the Bills trade down (should Cutler or Young be there at 8) and then grab OT Winston Justice who's value has been on the rise.

But, in any event, I am predicting we draft Huff at #8.

-RnJ

It could become very interesting if one or two of the QBs is still there at 8.  I also hope someone comes a callin and the Bills trade down in the first.

650394[/snapback]

I think that Young will be gone. I heard on SIRIUS that Tennessee has a problem with ticket sales. Young would be an instant gate attraction wherever he goes, and Tenn. does appear likely. How long can they go with McNair?

I think that Young will be gone. I heard on SIRIUS that Tennessee has a problem with ticket sales. Young would be an instant gate attraction wherever he goes, and Tenn. does appear likely. How long can they go with McNair?

650396[/snapback]

That shocks me that the Titans are having ticket problems, seems they had a strong fan base....

As for Tenn, with Norm Chow in Tennessee, just seems logical to me the QB they will take is Leinart, but who know with this draft anymore, it will probably go completely different then any opinion given so far.

huff will be a great addition. He can be on the field most of the time stopping all the runners that will pour through our defensive line and insure that the opposing offenses use up a lot of clock time on the way to the end zone. Maybe we can get a back up punter in the second. :lol:

650396[/snapback]

I don't think Tennessee would be so frivolous as to draft Young because of alleged ticket sale problems. Without McNair, the Norm Chow offense would become the "Blow Chow" offense. I think VY, with all his tools, will frustrate throughout his career. He'll be brilliant at times and make you scratch your head just as often, IMHO.

VY = Aaron Brooks

huff will be a great addition.  He can be on the field most of the time stopping all the runners that will pour through our defensive line and insure that the opposing offenses use up a lot of clock time on the way to the end zone.  Maybe we can get a back up punter in the second. :doh:

650399[/snapback]

DT's are deep into Round 3. Plus it's a 3-4 man rotation at DT. Huff is good but I'm open to trading down for more picks if offered the opportunity. Very deep Draft at OG,LB,DT,TE and DB.

This just in. The Draft doesn't start and end with the 1st round. :)

I'm sure many here have already made up their small minds that no matter who the Bills Draft in Round 1, they will scream if it's not a certain player they like. :lol:

I agree with most of what you are sayin', but if one of the two Qb's are still on the board at 8, and Losman is traded (which I think would be a horrible move), then we better take a QB. If we hold on to Losman, then we should try to trade down into the late teens and try to acquire another second rounder. With that extra pick, we should select the receiver out of Notre Dame to replace Moulds as our possession receiver. If someone would tell me the receiver's name, I'd appreciate it!

That shocks me that the Titans are having ticket problems, seems they had a strong fan base....

As for Tenn, with Norm Chow in Tennessee, just seems logical to me the QB they will take is Leinart, but who know with this draft anymore, it will probably go completely different then any opinion given so far.

650397[/snapback]

FWIW, on sportscenter the other day, kiper was on and still saying he expects the titans to take vince young at #3. basically said if leinhart and young were still there, chow wants linehart, but the rest of the titans staff wants young. Young also has a great working relationship with McNair.