regular season schedule

NFL | League expected to release regular season schedule April 6

Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:19:20 -0800

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the NFL is expected to release the regular season schedule Thursday, April 6.

mark your calanders.

I just saw this on KFFL.com.

This is a full week earlier than usual. In fact, this year I wasworried it would be announced later due to thedelay in free agnecy and the late draft date.

great news.

I fully expect the Bills to open on the road for the first time in 7 years. So, far, I only know they won't open in Miami. Seven other possibilities exist for road starts.

(and four for a home game week 1)

So, far, I only know they won't open in Miami. Seven other possibilities exist for road starts.

646510[/snapback]

Not true. They also can't open in Indy, or at the Jets because the Giants are home that night ... no day/night game in the Meadowlands. The only possible choices are :

Home : Pats, Jets, Packers or Titans

Away : Pats, Texans, Bears, Lions or Ravens.

It's unlikely they will open at the Lions because we play them in the final preseason game, or at the Texans because we opened with them last year.

Not true. They also can't open in Indy, or at the Jets because the Giants are home that night ... no day/night game in the Meadowlands. The only possible choices are :

Home : Pats, Jets, Packers or Titans

Away : Pats, Texans, Bears, Lions or Ravens.

It's unlikely they will open at the Lions because we play them in the final preseason game, or at the Texans because we opened with them last year.

646965[/snapback]

If you look at our schedule in the past, it's been relatively easy to predict. Unless a player like Bledsoe goes against the Pats or something with a story line. When we aren't in a storyline, we get crap in the opener.

If we play at home on opening day, outside of a national TV appearance, we'll play the opponent (most times) that is the least exciting to Buffalo fans. The game, just like last year against Houston, is sure to sell out no matter who the opponent is. If you put that Houston game at the end of the season last year, they would have only sold 50,000 seats.

If it's on the road, I'm sure we'll play a marginal team on opening day. We are, most likely, the crappiest draw on everyone else's schedule too. So, we'll play on opening day in a city that wouldn't sell our game late in the year should their team not have a good season.

Guess:

Home - Tennessee at Buffalo

Away - Buffalo at Detroit

Do you know what  this means? It means April 7th will be the kick off of the 3rd Annual  "Dinner's On Me, Smartass" Contest. I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait.

646999[/snapback]

who won last year ??

I see us opening against the Dolphins at Miami. As we know the league is trying to screw us and no better way to end the season (as we all know we're doomed if open the season with a loss) than with a division loss against Mularkey and (possibly) Sam Adams. [/sarcasm]

who won last year ??

647000[/snapback]

No one. Second year in a row that absolutely no one was able to accurately predict our win/loss record in the middle of April following the draft and release of the schedule. That means the kitty goes up another $50 to $250.

Given how many people are certain they know what's going on at OBD, this could be the big year!!!!!