You thought WE were crazy about LOST?

Just browsing some sites about the show. The numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42) obviously show up ALOT throughout the show. But a guy on one site went a step farther. We know that the time limit on the clock of the hatch is 108 minutes, and the numbers add up to 108.

The guy on this website noticed that in one episode, the big dipper is shown in the sky in one scene.

"In the night sky, Messier object 108 (known as M108) is a spiral galaxy residing in the constellation Ursa Major. 4 + 8 + 15 + 16 + 23 + 42 = 108."

He then goes on to say:

"If you map out the 'Numbers' on a Connect Four board, it is the shape of Ursa Major. Could this be a coincidence?"

And here is his picture to show that he actually tested this out:

Big Dipper Vs. the LOST "Numbers" on a Connect Four board

And the entire website about the "numbers"

"If you map out the 'Numbers' on a Connect Four board, it is the shape of Ursa Major. Could this be a coincidence?"[/i]

646363[/snapback]

Only if you're insane. :D I highly doubt the creators of Lost linked it to a Connect-Four board via a Messier object in Ursa Major.

By the way, the galaxy NGC 108 is in Andromeda. If you map out the Lost numbers on a parchessi board, it has absolutely sh---all to do with NGC 108 and Andromeda. :angry:

Only if you're insane.  :D  I highly doubt the creators of Lost linked it to a Connect-Four board via a Messier object in Ursa Major. 

By the way, the galaxy NGC 108 is in Andromeda.  If you map out the Lost numbers on a parchessi board, it has absolutely sh---all to do with NGC 108 and Andromeda.  :angry:

646409[/snapback]

His research is flawed reguardless. Everone knows that when you are mapping out star coordingates on a connect 4 board you number the board from left to right and THEN up!

Only if you're insane.  :D  I highly doubt the creators of Lost linked it to a Connect-Four board via a Messier object in Ursa Major. 

By the way, the galaxy NGC 108 is in Andromeda.  If you map out the Lost numbers on a parchessi board, it has absolutely sh---all to do with NGC 108 and Andromeda.  :angry:

646409[/snapback]

Here's another thing. In the James Bond movie Dr. No starring Ursa Andress there is a lot of gunfire. There are only six people killed however. They are killed with shots #..... 4 + 8 + 15 + 16 + 23 + 42.

Also, James bangs the living daylights out of Andress in a hotel. The room number? You guessed it. 108

Between Ursa Andress and Ursa Major there is probably an answer. NOT.

The writers are more likely to map something on the Candyland board for an answer. They know their audience is not yet advanced yet for the intricacies of Connect Four.

Still, the Ursa connection is interesting.

Here's another thing.  In the James Bond movie Dr. No starring Ursa Andress there is a lot of gunfire.  There are only six people killed however.  They are killed with shots #.....  4 + 8 + 15 + 16 + 23 + 42.

Also, James bangs the living daylights out of Andress in a hotel.  The room number?  You guessed it.  108

Between Ursa Andress and Ursa Major there is probably an answer.  NOT.

The writers are more likely to map something on the Candyland board for an answer.  They know their audience is not yet advanced yet for the intricacies of Connect Four.

Still, the Ursa connection is interesting.

646512[/snapback]

That's some food for thought.

Only if you're insane.  :angry:  I highly doubt the creators of Lost linked it to a Connect-Four board via a Messier object in Ursa Major. 

646409[/snapback]

Why bring a former hockey player into this? He's an amateur astronomer? I'm guessing his highest point total in a year was 108? :D

Why bring a former hockey player into this?  He's an amateur astronomer?  I'm guessing his highest point total in a year was 108? :angry:

646562[/snapback]

Why bring in Messier? Here's why: If you shine a 108,000 lumen flashlight off of Messier's bald head and project the light through a Connect 4 board with Ursa Major set up, onto the back of a Candyland board, you get the real secret message of Lost which is:

DRINK MORE OVALTINE.

Except that her name is/was ursula.  So much for that theory, or can you 'splain that?

646688[/snapback]

In Czechoslovakia "ul" was silent. It still is in the Czech republic, but Slovakia has reinstated it. At the time, her real name was Ursa.