People hate the JPL Rumor for One Reason

That reason is that the hope that Losman will turn it around is the only hope some people have for this team. This is despite the fact that he was awful last season and appears to be hated by his teammates. If he wasn't a former first round pick, people wouldn't give two craps about this guy leaving the team.

First round draft piciks are a huge gamble, and the bust rate is high. However, there is some validity to starting the guy this year if it's a rebuilding year.

Either way, they're rolling the dice, because to start over is equally risky.

If Nall doesn't pan out, it's Holcomb and maybe another vetran from the scrap heap.

Not an appealing prospect....

That reason is that the hope that Losman will turn it around is the only hope some people have for this team. This is despite the fact that he was awful last season and appears to be hated by his teammates. If he wasn't a former first round pick, people wouldn't give two craps about this guy leaving the team.

646111[/snapback]

if he was kelly holcomb people wouldnt give even one crap about his leaving

If he wasn't a former first round pick, people wouldn't give two craps about this guy leaving the team.

646111[/snapback]

If you mean a guy who has talent and ability that hasn't been given a chance to succeed yet...you are correct. I assume that's not what you meant.

Personally, I hate the rumor cause it's a rumor.

First round draft piciks are a huge gamble, and the bust rate is high.  However, there is some validity to starting the guy this year if it's a rebuilding year.

Either way, they're rolling the dice, because to start over is equally risky.

If Nall doesn't pan out, it's Holcomb and maybe another vetran from the scrap heap.

Not an appealing prospect....

646125[/snapback]

i dont believe in gambling

why dont we just forfeit our first round picks?

Put JPs last year aside, it doesn't make sense to cut or trade him this year becaus it costs us more cap wise to cut him than to keep him. His base salary and bonuses this year are $650 to 750K.

Unless he is a complete disruption in the locker room, of which I have heard nothing credible to say that he is, we keep him.

I like JP mainly because of the respect he's shown Buffalo. A lot of people diss that area, but it's obviously near and dear to a lot of our hearts. I wasn't born there, but I spent ten years growing up outside of Rochester. JP adopted the city as his own, and I have absolutely no doubt that he wants to win. It's just a matter of whether he'll get the job done, and we don't know that yet. I'm sorry, but trading him at this point is just stupid.

646111[/snapback]

Try another reason on for size...Brett Favre.

We don't want the Bills to end up being the 90's version of the Atlanta Flacons. JP has the skills, yet hasn't been given enough time to fully develop.

646111[/snapback]

Actually you are not correct on that (but always entitled to your opinion of course)

It would not matter to me if JPL was a 3rd round pick because I saw enough "potential" out of him to beleive that if he continues to work on getting better he will turn into a top 8 quarterback......

The NFL game is so fast for these kids....and it only slows down with experience...I dont understand why fans fail to realize that.

Listen I don't want to run the guy out of town, but if the Bills actually felt that it was worth moving on, then instead of assuming they don't know what the heck they are doing, I would assume they would have some legit reasons to go this way.

646190[/snapback]

yeah cause the francise has been a stalwart decision making machine, unmatched in the NFL for at least 5 years now

I have to admit that I lurk more than I post. Probably because I am just to busy with real life more than I was when I first found this site, while living in Cohoes NY. Wow, has it really been 10yrs? Anyway, I just had to get this out.

(think Lewis Black meets Dennis Leary)

Without trying to rehash a lot of what has aleady been pointed out, we have spent the last decade speculating, hoping, and praying for our team to give us joy on a consistent basis. Oh sure, we have had some streaks, for like 8 games when Drew got here, and Flutie's magic, but really we have not had a consistent winner. We have had savior after savior annointed...

Rob Johnson he's our man, if he can't do it, no one can... No wait. He's hurt...

Doug is to good to bring Rob back, lets see how far he can take us on his back... but no....

Rob is making too much and he looked good in a meaningless game, so WTF, let the lad make a name...

oh well better luck next year. At least we have two good quarterbacks, but that doesn't work.

and we would all just as soon forget the 2001 season so we annoint a new savior...

He's got a cannon, he's got a name, Drew is gonna take us to the big game!

Nope. Never mind. He's got a cannon and a name, great guy but no game.

Bring in another, let's see how he does.

Lots of talent, works real hard, cocky attitude, maybe this riverboat gambler will hold the card!

He has some ups, more downs, on a team run by clowns, and here we stand... again...

ready to wait for yet another annointed one. Three first round picks and not even a sniff of a talent with the greatness we were spoiled by for al those years.

I am sick of the F'n merry go round. Stick with the three guys we have on the roster. Let them duke it out. May the best quarterback earn the opportunity to make a name for himself with the Buffalo Bills!

646111[/snapback]

I "wouldn't give two craps" if they let JP go and they had an actual QB on the roster. At least JP offers slim hope. Holcomb and Nall offer nothing. A career back up and a career third stringer is not what you build you team on.

Give JP the chance. If he can't do it this year? Then come back next year with a new set of QB's. ;)

i dont believe in gambling

why dont we just forfeit our first round picks?

646130[/snapback]

You're joking, but it brings up an interesting point:

All first rounders are a gamble. But there is a difference between a QB and, say, an OL. If a QB turns out to be subpar you can't play him, so you might as well dump him. If a lineman is subpar, you can usually still find a spot for him to make a contribution while he's under contract.

So to me, it just means don't draft a qb.

The real issue and I have said it before, regardless of MY views on Losman. Is if the coaches and management feel he cannot play, then they would be better served trading him this year when they have the chance to get a 1st or 2nd, where they is those who feel he still has an opportunity to flourish. If they don't think he is the answer and he cannot win the starting job or looks bad again this year, he will have no trade value next year.

If however the Bills management feels he is the answer, or can be, then they need to keep him, play him, and coach him. They need to surround him with guys that compliment his game style.

That is what needs to happen. Again, notice this is a very fair assessment of what needs to happen from a OBD perspective.

The real issue and I have said it before, regardless of MY views on Losman.  Is if the coaches and management feel he cannot play, then they would be better served trading him this year when they have the chance to get a 1st or 2nd, where they is those who feel he still has an opportunity to flourish.  If they don't think he is the answer and he cannot win the starting job or looks bad again this year, he will have no trade value next year.

If however the Bills management feels he is the answer, or can be, then they need to keep him, play him, and coach him.  They need to surround him with guys that compliment his game style. 

That is what needs to happen.  Again, notice this is a very fair assessment of what needs to happen from a OBD perspective.

646262[/snapback]

yeah but who gives a team a 1st or 2nd when they know theyre unloading

buyers market

Holcomb and Nall offer nothing. A career back up and a career  third stringer is not what you build you team on.

646246[/snapback]

Nall is only 26 I believe...His "career" is only a few years along. You could say he hasn't had a chance to shine yet either.