Steve Fairchild?

I see a great offensive mind. I think he certainly deserves credit for what Travis did when he was here. I know he was a fumbler, but he did make it to one Pro Bowl while Fairchild was running backs coach. I also think he deserves some credit Marc Bulger's play, though it could be argue this had more to do with Martz.

Also his time in Buffalo shouldn't hurt him.

What is the plan? Is he bringing in a specific offense? Or is he going to take a good look and then come up with his schemes?

There have been too many coaches in recent history that have failed because of their preconcieved notions.

I am wrong to be concerned about him coming from a dome team to game planning eight games in the Ralph?

I would be grateful for any info that would ease my concerns.    :unsure:

645015[/snapback]

He coached in Buffalo under Gregg. He is not a "dome" coach any more than he is an outdoor coach.

While in St. Louis he did a good job with the QBs and the offense. Fairchild tried to balance the offense, run the ball, and keep Bulger alive. Mad Man Martz intervened and took over playcalling, he was always involved with the offense to the point were he ignored the rest of the team, especially special teams. Martz liked Fairchild and mentored. That said, when Martz cracked up, Fairchild took over and did indeed balance the offense. His philosphy is ball control first, then hit you with deep speed.

I think Fairchild is a bright guy. That has been recognized by many in the NFL. Give him some time. He is starting with no QB, and a suspect OL.

Fairchild was the offensive coordinator of one the best pro style rushing offenses in Division 1 while coaching at Colorado State, cold weather and snow climate, and he was the offensive coordinator of one of the best passing offenses in the NFL.

He is a long time friend of Martz, he knows Martz system inside and out. He was the QB in this system under Martz while in college. Im excited to see Martz system mixed in with Fairchilds rushing attack.

I really think we hired a good coach in Fairchild. Other teams wanted him, Im glad we got him.

Fairchild was the offensive coordinator of one the best pro style rushing offenses in Division 1 while coaching at Colorado State, cold weather and snow climate, and he was the offensive coordinator of one of the best passing offenses in the NFL.

He is a long time friend of Martz, he knows Martz system inside and out.  He was the QB in this system under Martz while in college.  Im excited to see Martz system mixed in with Fairchilds rushing attack.

I really think we hired a good coach in Fairchild.  Other teams wanted him, Im glad we got him.

645068[/snapback]

Everything you just said. Oh yeah and I've heard of him!

He is a long time friend of Martz, he knows Martz system inside and out.  He was the QB in this system under Martz while in college.  Im excited to see Martz system mixed in with Fairchilds rushing attack.

I really think we hired a good coach in Fairchild.  Other teams wanted him, Im glad we got him.

645068[/snapback]

Has there been any mention of what kind of system he wants to use? Is he looking to feature a running game, or passing game? I haven't heard too much about him other than the above mentioned background.

645068[/snapback]

You don't have any doubts about running that system in Buffalo? Weather, lack of a QB and a suspect offensive line are hard to overcome.

I'm not saying he can't. I'm just wondering if he is another guy who thinks he can open it up here in Buffalo. Considering the tallent I wonder if it would just be better to stack to TE's and a Fullback and play a strict field position game. much like the Bears did. The Bills defense is not as strong as the Bears, it is stil further along then the offense.

I am wrong to be concerned about him coming from a dome team to game planning eight games in the Ralph?

I would be grateful for any info that would ease my concerns.    B-)

645015[/snapback]

Did they play all their games in a dome?

What kind of information would actually make you "feel better?" We won't know squat until they play a few games.

BTW, you need to calm down and worry about important things or you'll have e heart attack.

Did they play all their games in a dome?

What kind of information would actually make you "feel better?"  We won't know squat until they play a few games.

BTW, you need to calm down and worry about important things or you'll have e heart attack.

645294[/snapback]

They play eight games at home in the dome. One in each Arizona, San Fran and Seattle all are pretty much nice weather games. That's 11 out of 16 where the weather is a non-factor. It's easier to scheme a passing attack when weather is not a factor.

The wind in the Ralph is still a big factor when it comes to game plans. It effects the passing and kicking games.

What makes me feel better is that Fairchild will know how to work the running game.

I'm not all that worried. I'm just trying to start some actual football conversation and maybe learn something about some of the coaches I know little about. B-)

They play eight games at home in the dome. One in each Arizona, San Fran and Seattle all are pretty much nice weather games. That's 11 out of 16 where the weather is a non-factor. It's easier to scheme a passing attack when weather is not a factor.

The wind in the Ralph is still a big factor when it comes to game plans. It effects the passing and kicking games.

What makes me feel better is that Fairchild will know how to work the running game.

I'm not all that worried. I'm just trying to start some actual football conversation and maybe learn something about some of the coaches I know little about.  :doh:

645587[/snapback]

It's sunny and warm in Colorado too.

The dude will turn into a popsicle at teh home opener B-)

I believe he is planning a more run first type offense and by the looks of the receivers the bills now have and having JP and Nall (both said to have good arms) a deep passing game. I exxpect to see McGahee get alot of carries this year and the QB (whomever starts) to typically be looking downfield instead of short passes for a couple yards.

Fairchild was the RB's coach under GW here in Buffalo before going to become OC in STL and he coached Henry to a Pro Bowl. In STL he wanted to run a balanced offence (which I believe he will bring here) but Martz was the pass happy coach that wanted to call the plays. Get a decent o-line infront of this team that can atleast allow the QB 1-2 seconds more in the pocket to think, and aloow some holes for the RB's to run through, and I think the Bills will be a high scoring team next year (definitly higher then last year)

I believe he is planning a more run first type offense and by the looks of the receivers the bills now have and having JP and Nall (both said to have good arms) a deep passing game. I exxpect to see McGahee get alot of carries this year and the QB (whomever starts) to typically be looking downfield instead of short passes for a couple yards.

Fairchild was the RB's coach under GW here in Buffalo before going to become OC in STL and he coached Henry to a Pro Bowl. In STL he wanted to run a balanced offence (which I believe he will bring here) but Martz was the pass happy coach that wanted to call the plays. Get a decent o-line infront of this team that can atleast allow the QB 1-2 seconds more in the pocket to think, and aloow some holes for the RB's to run through, and I think the Bills will be a high scoring team next year (definitly higher then last year)

645717[/snapback]

That's good to hear.