Bills Sign Another WR

The Bills today announced that the team has signed restricted free agent WR Sam Aiken. In accordance with club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Originally a fourth-round draft pick by the Bills in 2003, Aiken has played in 37 games, starting two, over the past three seasons. A key contributor to the Bills top-ranked coverage units, Aiken finished second on the team with 24 special teams tackles last season. Aiken also started two games at wide receiver in 2005 and caught four passes for 57 yards.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3683

:unsure:

Good move. Regardless of if he repalces Moulds, Aiken was clearly one of the top special team players in the league the past couple years.

644765[/snapback]

Totally agree. It was a good move. I still say that he may compete to replace Eric Moulds. I love his size. If he learns how to separate himself fromthe CBs...he's built like Moulds and could be a good replacement if given a chance.

Just a thought...

The Bills now have 8 WRs under contract. This is a bad draft for WRs. There aren't many good WRs available in FA, if there are any at all beyond Moulds. The Bills have a lotta value at this position that they could potentially use to make moves at some point...

Just a thought...

The Bills now have 8 WRs under contract. This is a bad draft for WRs. There aren't many good WRs available in FA, if there are any at all beyond Moulds. The Bills have a lotta value at this position that they could potentially use to make moves at some point...

644777[/snapback]

Depth and talent are two different things. We can have ten guys call them WR and they couldnt catch a cold. I like the thought of how the Pats went about it. You dont need a name brand to catch a ball just a guy with 2 hands. The had a group of no name recievers and I think they made out ok. I like what the Bills are doing as far as skill positions go, davis will be a better aquisition then we think(barring he stays healthy) Lee is going to spread the field and hopefully we can get a tight end to catch the ball. Lets make it so defenses cant sit 8 in the box and dare us to throw it. :unsure:

So we locked up every RFA we tendered an offer to for at least 2 seasons

WAy to keep the special team intact boys!

644815[/snapback]

You know, this is actually a good point -- that Marv knows that the ST are a strength but is not willing to tear them down for the sake of improving other areas. That to me, was one of TD's failures. He'd become so obsessed with whichever side of the ball was struggling that he'd neglect the side that was doing well.