Everything will be settled with Moulds

Hard to imagine...

Patriots | Team not moving fast enough for Moulds

Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:33:01 -0800

Tom E. Curran, of the Providence Journal, reports Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds' advisor, Gerg Johnson, said the Philadelphia Eagles and the Houston Texans are moving faster than the New England Patriots to try to land Moulds. Johnson said, "It's not going to work out [with New England]. The timing's not right. The only way it would get done now is if it falls apart with these other teams, and I don't see that happening." He believes everything will be settled in the next 48 hours.

Patriots | Team not moving fast enough for Moulds

Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:33:01 -0800

Tom E. Curran, of the Providence Journal, reports Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds' advisor, Gerg Johnson, said the Philadelphia Eagles and the Houston Texans are moving faster than the New England Patriots to try to land Moulds. Johnson said, "It's not going to work out [with New England]. The timing's not right. The only way it would get done now is if it falls apart with these other teams, and I don't see that happening." He believes everything will be settled in the next 48 hours.

The fact that they mentioned the Patriots werent working "fast enough" makes me think this probably will get settled fairly soon. I was hoping for more teams to be involved but if the Iggles and Texans keep trying to one-up each other, they might drive the price up.

Didnt see your post when I posted mine...hopefully the mods can combine the two.

By the way, here is the actual article KFFL is talking about, you have to register with the website, but just use king@aol.com with the password being: Connor. Thanks bugmenot!

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/proj...jo.d99a913.html

Honestly, it sounds like this will get done really soon. Getting the first pick of the 4th round is at least SOMETHING if we trade with the Texans. Maybe the Eagles being involved can push that up to a third rounder.

From ESPN insider..

Fit for Moulds: The interesting teams to follow on the Eric Moulds front are the Eagles, Patriots and Texans. The Bills have given Moulds permission to shop himself in a trade with hopes that he doesn't get good financial offers and wants to return for less money in Buffalo. The Texans and Patriots were checking around Friday to find out details of Keyshawn Johnson's contract with the Panthers, which is $4 million per year for the first two years of the contract. Moulds is scheduled to make more than $6 million this year in base pay, and he might be able to come up with similar contract numbers. It would benefit the Bills to make sure Moulds doesn't go to the Patriots, their division rival.

I understand Moulds going to the Eagles being a good situation for everyone involved.

Having said that, how is Moulds going to the Texans a good thing for everyone? Yes the Bills could get a high draft pick, and the Texans could be looking at an offense that includes David Carr, Andre Johnson, Eric Moulds, & Reggie Bush.

But let's face it, are the Texans going to give Moulds the best opportunity of winning a championship?

Especially when the Texans are in the same division as the Colts & Jaguars?

Of all the teams out there that Moulds could play for, Houston was not one of the teams I saw him possibly playing for.

I understand Moulds going to the Eagles being a good situation for everyone involved.

Having said that, how is Moulds going to the Texans a good thing for everyone? Yes the Bills could get a high draft pick, and the Texans could be looking at an offense that includes David Carr, Andre Johnson, Eric Moulds, & Reggie Bush.

But let's face it, are the Texans going to give Moulds the best opportunity of winning a championship?

Especially when the Texans are in the same division as the Colts & Jaguars?

Of all the teams out there that Moulds could play for, Houston was not one of the teams I saw him possibly playing for.

644120[/snapback]

Well Mark, I think it is simply about the money for Moulds if , he indeed, makes a deal with them. I wish we could keep him as I am not impressed with anything beyond L. Evans but the in the economic world of the NFL it's inevitable that we lose our players before we want to. I don't like it one bit.

I agree that Houston was not on my list of possibel trading partners, but Moulds is not in complete control here as he is still under contract with the Bills, so Marv and company have just as much say in where Moulds goes as Moulds does.

That said, I am really gald the Texans are in this fight. Holding the first pick in each round means any team trying to out bid them has to raise the ante by a round.

Actually, I'd rather take the first pick in the 4th from Houston than the 21st pick in the third from the Patsies.

All this sounds like Moulds's folks are working very hard on this and the Bills ain't saying nothing nor is there even any chatter among the meida folk plugged into OBD that something is afoot.

Who knows exactly what this means but I suspect:

1. The Moulds folks are working hard to create a market for him but ultimately he is under contract to the Bills who are in no pressure to move him until at ealiest a million buck roster bonus (rumor of it reported by Clumpy whom is the best public source available on these things, though he is good and smart enough to flat out say that one can be the best public source and still be far from perfect knowing the exact deadlines and amounts of these roster bonuses).

2. The hard work evident by Greg Johnson and the Moulds folks means they want a trade, but ultimately they are not going to be the ones who pull the trigger so just because they say it is going to be done in 48 hours does not mean in any way that it will be. In fact it is an indicator that it will not be.

3. This is a three way negotiation for all with the new team and Moulds needing to settle on a new contract for him and the Bills and the new team needing to settle on a trade for him.

In a perfect world, Moulds will present a number of teams to the Bills with whom he has worked out a deal for a contract, then the Buills will work out a trade with one of these potential partners. The contract part may in fact be worked out in 48 hours but the trade part will take more time.

In other words if you plan to hold your breath until you turn blue or this is done, look forward to being a dark shade of purple just before you pass out.

article from Houston Chronicle

LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLA. - The Texans are interested in trading for veteran Buffalo Bills receiver Eric Moulds to start opposite Andre Johnson.

Moulds, 32, has been given permission by the Bills to seek a trade because they don't want to pay him the $7.1 million he's due this year.

Before the Texans can work out the trade with Buffalo, they have to negotiate a new contract with Moulds, who caught 81 passes for 816 yards and four touchdowns this past season.

"We're exploring an opportunity for Eric to play for the Texans," said Greg Johnson, one of Moulds' representatives. "If all sides can see eye to eye, we'll make it happen.

"But everyone has to see eye to eye."

The Texans, Philadelphia, Denver and New England are among the teams interested in Moulds, a former first-round draft choice who is entering his 11th year. Over his past eight seasons, Moulds has averaged 78 catches and 1,065 yards.

Reports say that if the Bills can't trade Moulds, who has compiled four 1,000-yard seasons, they'll release him, which would make him an unrestricted free agent.

A league official familiar with the negotiations said Sunday night that the Bills are asking for a fourth-round pick.

The Texans don't want to part with their premium picks in the April 29-30 draft. They have four picks in the first three rounds or four of the first 66 selections. The team has been trying to take care of specific needs in free agency so they can draft the best players available.

Reports say that if the Bills can't trade Moulds, who has compiled four 1,000-yard seasons, they'll release him, which would make him an unrestricted free agent.

644157[/snapback]

This would be stupid, IMO. The Bills should hold on to him until they get something of worth for him. I still think they should trade Moulds to Philly for their DT.

This would be stupid, IMO. The Bills should hold on to him until they get something of worth for him. I still think they should trade Moulds to Philly for their DT.

644158[/snapback]

Is a 4th round pick fair market value? I would love to see a 3, but if the Bills can get Houston's 4 you cut the deal (call it the unofficial final pick in the 3rd).

First pick of the 4th round is a good deal for the Bills especially since Moulds isn't coming back to Buffalo. 97th pick or release him? Hmmmm......Who wouldn't take that? Houston has no problem offering that pick as they have 4 picks in the top 66. That would give the Bills (at least for now) the 8th, 40th, 67th (from Tennessee), 72nd, 97th (from Houston) and 104th selections in the draft. 5 in the Top 100 and 6 in the top 105. That could fill some serious needs and start building this team for the future. Unless of course Marv has a 2000 John Butler draft, but still the potential is there. Just Git-R-Done Marv.

First pick of the 4th round is a good deal for the Bills especially since Moulds isn't coming back to Buffalo. 97th pick or release him? Hmmmm......Who wouldn't take that? Houston has no problem offering that pick as they have 4 picks in the top 66. That would give the Bills (at least for now) the 8th, 40th, 67th (from Tennessee), 72nd, 97th (from Houston) and 104th selections in the draft.  5 in the Top 100 and 6 in the top 105. That could fill some serious needs and start building this team for the future. Unless of course Marv has a 2000 John Butler draft, but still the potential is there. Just Git-R-Done Marv.

644178[/snapback]

It also gives Marv some options to move up or down the board depending on who they may be targeting.

:P I forgot, Marv will not make draft day trades. :lol: