People arrested for drinking

Also, more facts from a different source. 

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/dfw/news/lo...annel=dfw_local

642798[/snapback]

both articles state that they approach people who seem drunk, make them pass sobriety tests, and if they are very drunk, fined or even arrested. I didn't know a law like this existed anywhere in North America but i'm sure as hell happy i don't like there.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't have anything to do with WHERE this happened. This is just another step in the continuing downfall of freedom, brought to you by MOTHERMENT and the proponents who think that a there is actually a way to legislate morality.

But keep holding up the flag.

It doesn't have anything to do with WHERE this happened.  This is just another step in the continuing downfall of freedom, brought to you by MOTHERMENT and the proponents who think that a there is actually a way to legislate morality.

But keep holding up the flag.

642820[/snapback]

but they're protecting us from ourselves 0:)

There is something in this story that I can't articulate exactly,

but can only describe as a general tendency to trade

liberty for a government that seeks to entrap us for our own good.

There is something cumbersome, if not sinister about the entire idea

of patrolling bars undercover to enforce a law that is meant to protect

us from consequences that don't neccessarily follow.

There is something in this story that I can't articulate exactly,

but can only describe as a general tendency to trade

liberty for a government that seeks to entrap us for our own good.

There is something cumbersome, if not sinister about the entire idea

of patrolling bars undercover to enforce a law that is meant to protect

us from consequences that don't neccessarily follow.

642829[/snapback]

the counter-argument for this will be, how would you feel if someone you know got hurt because of drunk driving .. bla bla. Although they have the right intention of preventing people from getting hurt, and yes there are plenty of drunk drivers out there, doing this takes away the fun as people go out , get hammered and could get arrested even if they never had an intention of getting in a car.

the counter-argument for this will be, how would you feel if someone you know got hurt because of drunk driving .. bla bla.  Although they have the right intention of preventing people from getting hurt, and yes there are plenty of drunk drivers out there, doing this takes away the fun as people go out , get hammered and could get arrested even if they never had an intention of getting in a car.

642835[/snapback]

I have had friends killed by drunk driving.

Still it is not illegal to drink and drive. It is illegal to be intoxicated and drive.

Arresting the intoxicated because they may have the intent to drive is bull sh--.

I have had friends killed by drunk driving.

Still it is not illegal to drink and drive. It is illegal to be intoxicated and drive.

Arresting the intoxicated because they may have the intent to drive is bull sh--.

642841[/snapback]

well intoxicated is 0.08 % i think. it would take me 2-3 beers to reach that level. i don't think someone who has 3 drinks is intoxicated but i think that the law is still pretty fair

well intoxicated is 0.08 % i think.  it would take me 2-3 beers to reach that level.  i don't think someone who has 3 drinks is intoxicated but i think that the law is still pretty fair

642845[/snapback]

I don't have a problem with that.

Pretty women, beautiful connotes that they have a sole, insufferable heat and humidity you can have it.  The economy I wouldn't mind.

642732[/snapback]

I lived in Texas for 2 years, and you are WAY off on the climate........better than it snowing all year up here in terrible new york state

well intoxicated is 0.08 % i think.  it would take me 2-3 beers to reach that level.  i don't think someone who has 3 drinks is intoxicated but i think that the law is still pretty fair

642845[/snapback]

Most likely you'd have to drink those 3 beers within an hour. And still, unless you weigh less than 160, I doubt you'd be at .08. But you may still be drunk depending on your resistance. Still a "pre-emptive" raid on bars in order to determine who "might" drive at .08 is still horse crap. Whats next? Going into the hotel rooms with breathilizer machines? Or how about neighborhood homes?

I have to agree with AD on this. The government is pushing it's puny self righteous do gooder personality off on society.

Most likely you'd have to drink those 3 beers within an hour. And still, unless you weigh less than 160, I doubt you'd be at .08. But you may still be drunk depending on your resistance. Still a "pre-emptive" raid on bars in order to determine who "might" drive at .08 is still horse crap. Whats next? Going into the hotel rooms with breathilizer machines? Or how about neighborhood homes?

I have to agree with AD on this. The government is pushing it's puny self righteous do gooder personality off on society.

642870[/snapback]

it doesn't bother me that the government tries this crap, it bothers me that there are people who defend it. It's like some people never went to a club, bought a few bottles of vodka and just randomly started groping women. what is this world coming to 0:)

I lived in Texas for 2 years, and you are WAY off on the climate........better than it snowing all year up here in terrible new york state

642864[/snapback]

Wimp, no seriously, northern TX is different weather wise but the panhandle has too many slaughter houses and stinks. From East TX to Houston it seemed damp and hot while driving through this winter. San Antonio is very nice though, but very dry. Hurricane's are always a risk and after San Antonio, West Tx is flat, boring and hot, and bad air comes over from Mexico. I will take the snow any day. Besides if I want heat, SC and Georgia coast, the FL panhandle or SoCal is much nicer.

TX women have neither soul nor sole...case in point Jessica Simpson, aka trailer trash.

it doesn't bother me that the government tries this crap, it bothers me that there are people who defend it.  It's like some people never went to a club, bought a few bottles of vodka and just randomly started groping women.  what is this world coming to  0:)

642871[/snapback]

Whats worse is that people might be getting drunk and screwing. Arrest them! :devil:

If you want to go to a bar, make an ass of your self and make others around you uncomfortable, then you should be arrested for being a nuisance.

642777[/snapback]

This is quite true. If a person is considered a nuisance by any other person. this alleged nuisance should be immediately taken into police custody, and probably (perhaps not in every case) get the living $t kicked out of him (or of course her).

Obese people can be quite cumbersome. There overly large stomachs can hinder their ability to drive, and they can be unsightly as well. Let's not even THINK about their effect upon the cost of health care! What a nuisance!!!

I think that police should burst into restaurants and arrest those who are either obese, or do not pass the government obesity standards.

This is quite true. If a person is considered a nuisance by any other person. this alleged nuisance should be immediately taken into police custody, and probably (perhaps not in every case) get the living $t kicked out of him (or of course her).

Obese people can be quite cumbersome. There overly large stomachs can hinder their ability to drive, and they can be unsightly as well. Let's not even THINK about their effect upon the cost of health care! What a nuisance!!!

I think that police should burst into restaurants and arrest those who are either obese, or do not pass the government obesity standards.

643071[/snapback]

NYC VICE and Buffet Unit.