People arrested for drinking

This strikes me as interesting. A new way to achieve prohibition? Can't drink at a hotel bar even if you are staying there and not driving anywhere. If the only place people will be allowed to drink is at home, how long before big daddy wants to arrest people there too? Is it about legislating morality, or is it about getting more people in the system? More jobs for cops, jailers, judges and lawyers.

Prohibition?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This strikes me as interesting.  A new way to achieve prohibition?  Can't drink at a hotel bar even if you are staying there and not driving anywhere.  If the only place people will be allowed to drink is at home, how long before big daddy wants to arrest people there too?  Is it about legislating morality, or is it about getting more people in the system?  More jobs for cops, jailers, judges and lawyers.

Prohibition?

642684[/snapback]

I would be cutting out a few clippings to frame in my bar for when the DA runs for re-election.

This strikes me as interesting.  A new way to achieve prohibition?  Can't drink at a hotel bar even if you are staying there and not driving anywhere.  If the only place people will be allowed to drink is at home, how long before big daddy wants to arrest people there too?  Is it about legislating morality, or is it about getting more people in the system?  More jobs for cops, jailers, judges and lawyers.

Prohibition?

642684[/snapback]

Another reason to avoid anything about Texas. "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose." Patriot Act and Texas Law Enforcement working together. I love it and not to be totally partisan, this is as bad as Dems in Cal banning smoking outdoors.

It strikes me as retarded.  If they want to stop drinking and driving, they should arrest people who are drinking and driving.

642727[/snapback]

Kind of like arresting people at the wedding altar, b/c being married is one half of the problem of "spousal abuse." :devil:0:)

It's not enough that cops can sit outside of the bars and cherry-pick the drunks as they pull out of the lot?

Pretty women, beautiful connotes that they have a sole, insufferable heat and humidity you can have it.  The economy I wouldn't mind.

642732[/snapback]

I really love women with great "soles" but then I really love shoes. 0:)

Prohibition?

642684[/snapback]

so it's illegal to get wasted in a hotel because there is the possibility that you can get in your car and drive intoxicated?

Where does it say anything about drinking and driving as the reason for the arrests? That is piss poor reporting and ignorant of anyone to read that into the arrests. The people were simply arrest for drunk in public, and I am pretty sure all 50 states and DC all have the same law. If you want to go to a bar, make an ass of your self and make others around you uncomfortable, then you should be arrested for being a nuisance.

Where does it say anything about drinking and driving as the reason for the arrests?  That is piss poor reporting and ignorant of anyone to read that into the arrests.  The people were simply arrest for drunk in public, and I am pretty sure all 50 states and DC all have the same law.  If you want to go to a bar, make an ass of your self and make others around you uncomfortable, then you should be arrested for being a nuisance.

642777[/snapback]

There is no longer a public drunkeness law in New York.

There is still disorderly conduct.

There is no longer a public drunkeness law in New York.

There is still disorderly conduct.

642780[/snapback]

I stand corrected. But likely the people arrested were probably being !@#$s to the police when they showed up. Again, people need to relax, have fun, and not be jerks. I dod not believe being a jerk and bothering other people is protected by the constitution. Please do not say freedom of speech because there are caviats about being an ass towards others in exercising that right.

I stand corrected.  But likely the people arrested were probably being !@#$s to the police when they showed up.  Again, people need to relax, have fun, and not be jerks.  I dod not believe being a jerk and bothering other people is protected by the constitution.  Please do not say freedom of speech because there are caviats about being an ass towards others in exercising that right.

642781[/snapback]

I'm not sure. It seems to me that a private establishment shouldn't be raided without evidence of crime. The crime in this case "being drunk." Unless as you say there are some things not being stated or there being more to the story than what is in print.

I'm not sure. It seems to me that a private establishment shouldn't be raided without evidence of crime. The crime in this case "being drunk." Unless as you say there are some things not being stated or there being more to the story than what is in print.

642787[/snapback]

Of course there is:

Most had a .17 on the breathalizers.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/state/1417...annel=dfw_state