Where are the TRUE BILLS Fans at for there...

freak

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frustrated, but I'm here.  It'll take a hell of a lot more than 2 losses to knock me off the bandwagon.

I assure you, the rest are on board as well.  They're just venting their frustrations.  Thats one of the major reasons why this board exists.

47089[/snapback]

BINGO. Give the lucky man a cigar!

Not fans? Then we wouldn't give a rat's behind what was happening. We're passionate and disappointed. Don't mistake that for not supporting the BILLS. Note: BILLS. Not a player, coach, GM or even owner. It's about the BILLS man.

:) you have the wrong slant. If we post our frustrations it does not make us bad Bills fans. If we irritate you so much, why don't you avoid the source of the irritation.

No, I've kept up with this board for the past four years; the biggest complaint I have had is the constant negativity and this season is the best example of those who claim to be Bills fan bashing our team and it's best players and writing them off after only two close losses. It really irks me the most when our superstars are chopped up after one or two bad games by our own fans!

47140[/snapback]

i am not by any stretch ditching the Bills, nor will i ever, i am just very frustrated woith the way they have played and see some serious things wrong with the team...but they could go 0-16 the next 5 years and i'll still root for them day in and day out and wear Bills gear with pride...losing gets tiresome after awhile tho...

47189[/snapback]

I feel the same way...let me tell you the following:

In 1990, in the midst of a horrible 3-13 season for my formerly beloved Cleveland Browns, I said I would root for the Browns for the rest of my life, even if they went the next twenty years without a win.

Lo and behold, the team up and moved on me five years later. As far as I'm concerned, it made my promise null and void, new team or not. And those two sentences are NOT for the purpose of feeding the frenzy of "The Bills are Moving!" posters on the board. :)

Now, I see what being a fan is. It is sticking by your team through thick and thin. It doesn't mean we become "Stepford Bills Fans" as I saw on an earlier post. We can complain and moan and B word all we want to, but remember, we are FANS. We don't run the team. There's a reason why fans generally don't run teams. Look at Dan Snyder. Exhibit 1-A for the prosecution.

I will be patient here. Give Coach Mularkey enough time (since two games does not a career, or even a season, make), and I believe he will turn things around in Orchard Park. Let's just watch and see.

Mike

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think most of the real negative fans here are younger (20-25 years old). They srtarted following the Bills in the Kelly years and have no memory of the truly bad years (late 70s and 83-86). This is the worst time they remember, but is not as bad as the times I mentioned. Remember, we got Bruce because we were the WORST team in the league the year before.

As BiB said, this team still needs work, but it is not as bad as some say. Miami, now that's a bad team :) . We lost the first game on two lucky plays and got reamed by the refs last week.

Maybe people posting all these "We're doooomed" posts should post their age too.

Guest Study Hall Proctor
Will support Drew all the way.

47424[/snapback]

Your devotion to Drew is merely a means to ignore your studies. Stop your posting and do your f'in homework!

Freak, the team has looked like crap 17 out of the last 26 games they've played.

They looked like crap in some of those 9 games they actually won.

Bottom line: this team has been in a tailspin for going on two years. We've had this argument a thousand times. Do you think the front office would be motivated to do anything without fan complaint? That's the way Ralph used to run the team and it got him nowhere.

No, I've kept up with this board for the past four years; the biggest complaint I have had is the constant negativity and this season is the best example of those who claim to be Bills fan bashing our team and it's best players and writing them off after only two close losses. It really irks me the most when our superstars are chopped up after one or two bad games by our own fans!

47140[/snapback]

Well...maybe you've been watching the Board instead of watching the Bills because it may be two close losses this year, but it's also 9-17 in the last 26 Games. Furthermore, have you seen the Offense this year? Sure looks like the same Offense of the last Year and a Half. The same Offense that has averaged 8.36 points scored in those 17 losses.....

Superstars you say? Who exactly are you refering to? Look, I have watched every down of Bills Football this year...they have no superstars...zero, none, notta...

Takeo Spikes is a great LB, one of the best in the NFL. Eric Moulds a great WR, Travis Henry a Pro Bowl calibre HB, Sam and Pat are very good DT's, Schobel is a good DE....But Superstars?? Nope...none...We as Bills Fans have witnessed Offensive Football over the past Season and two thirds that borderlines on being historically bad. In the last 26 Games the Bills Offense has scored 17 points or less 17 times! 14 of the last 26 games The Bills have only scored 2 TD's or less, and 10 times in that span they scored 10 points or less. And you wonder why some people are a bit negative?

I believe the regular Posters on this Board, regardless of opinion, are the absolute best Bills Fans. The Fans here have suffered through these past few years yet they keep coming back day after day to talk Bills Football. If you ask me, and I know no one is, I think that is what being a Fan is all about.

Admittedly the talk around here gets negative at time towards Players and The Bills in general, but most of us have earned the right to vent...And vent we will until the Bills prove they are worthy of praise... B)

This board is sad! After 2 close loses to teams that have played great on D, we are quick to write this season and it’s best players off, HOW PATHETIC!! Most TRUE fans stick up for their teams and players and try to over hype them instead of bring them down. For instance, how can anybody lay too much blame on our defense? I always hear if we had a better left DE, better FS, etc. I mean what do you EXPECT them to do, shut out teams every week?

Now everybody seems to want to bash our team’s best players after only TWO games? If we turn the ship around and go 14-2 will all these guys who abandon ship try to jump back on and act like they knew we had the talent and that we were headed in the right direction all along? I mean honestly, how can any TRUE Bills fan bash Eric Moulds after TWO games and claim that he is a shell of his former self; he has gotten a TD pass in both games! If he were utilized more in the 1st game he would have had a 100+ as he was toying with the DB on the Jaguars. What if Charles Woodson didn’t grab Eric as he ran by him on the play action on Moulds ONLY deep attempt in two games; I’ll bet the Raiders fans would be dissing Woodson for being over rated for getting torched by Moulds. As a matter of fact, let the Bills be stupid and trade Moulds and send him to a team with a real offensive scheme and QB and see what numbers he puts up for aside from Drew he has never had a quality QB or offensive scheme and he has still produced big time! Swap Moulds with TO in Philly and I guarantee you Moulds would put up the same numbers when utilized correctly!

Or how about Henry; while he is not a top back, how can a TRUE Bills fan turn on him after he played against the two of the best run defenses in the NFL without a threat of a passing attack down field? Now while I’ll admit he is a liability against the blitz, how can anybody forget how much heart this kid has run with the past two seasons?

Nate Clemens has done nothing but be a solid DB for the Bills but yet he continues to get bashed; not on a week-by-week basis because WEEK BY WEEK he comes to play! Some try to dwell on this play here or this play there but you must be a fool if you don’t acknowledge that he is an above average talent. Now if he were one of the highest paid then maybe you might expect him to walk on water but a TRUE fan would acknowledge that Clemens has played extremely well for us; it is a reason teams don’t throw for 200+ on the Bills and he is one of them.

Now Drew is a different case; I can see the criticism for he hasn’t played well in over a year. But even he deserves a benefit of the doubt playing with a new scheme that has him rushing throws and not utilizing his real strength, which is the deep ball. You see, last year Gilbride was our whipping boy and RIGHTFULLY so as he failed to realize that our strength was running the ball and that with Moulds not at a %100 we had no deep threats but he kept forcing the issue, trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. But in 2004 with a healthy Moulds and Lee Evans the deep ball should be utilized more instead of dump offs. Face it: We have the talent to score but until a scheme and the proper chemistry is installed we are never going to be a threat. But please give the guys more than TWO GAMES against tough defenses before you write them off as pathetic!

Some times blame is warranted. But for guys such as Moulds, Henry, and Nate to be bashed, treated as UNRECYCABLES after ONLY TWO games is ridiculous; how can a TRUE Bills fan not see what these guys have brought to the table the past 3 seasons and write them off after TWO games is embarrassing! This board show cases nothing but negativity; if you were an outsider and didn’t know any better you’d think that we are getting blowed out by 20 every week with no hope insight or that M Williams was the worst lineman in the league. Some on this board are just like that loud mouth Jerry Sullivan who just writes negativity for an effect, acting like they have all the answers. For these types I feel like pulling a Warren Sapp: PUT A JERSEY ON!!

47088[/snapback]

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I remember John Rauch's brilliant strategy. Use OJ as a decoy and never give him the ball.

I agree there is a lot of negativity among fans right now, and some of it is mine. It comes from frustration with losing. We've had too much of it over the last number of years and it really wears on you. I haven't given up on any particular player, but if you think people aren't going to notice that Eric Moulds dropped passes he should have caught and had a critical fumble, well, you're wrong. He did have some bad plays and it was costly.

It is interesting, freak, that while you seem to advocate unquestioning loyalty of a handful of players, you do diss the coaches. Does that mean while a "true fan" can't ever talk negatively about a team's star players, it's open season on coaches? Is there some logic here I missed? I question some of what the coaching staff has done too. I wonder why Willis McGahee didn't get more touches in the Raiders game. I criticized Tom Clements for his seeming lack of preparedness in his play calling for the heavy Raiders blitz. That doesn't mean I'm agianst this coaching staff. To the contrary, I like the staff quite a bit, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be uncritical.

I have hopes that this team is going to get better, though the window of opportunity for the playoffs is very narrow right now. I want them to do well. I'll root for them, for everyone to do well. but when players make mistakes, fail to execute, and lose concentration and it costs the team victories, I'm not going to gloss it over.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
This board is sad! After 2 close loses to teams that have played great on D, we are quick to write this season and it’s best players off, HOW PATHETIC!! Most TRUE fans stick up for their teams and players and try to over hype them instead of bring them down. For instance, how can anybody lay too much blame on our defense? I always hear if we had a better left DE, better FS, etc. I mean what do you EXPECT them to do, shut out teams every week?

I'm still here... had my say about the bad O-line, still here. We can beat the Patriots by keeping it low scoring and ugly.

LINDELL however is disgustingly horrible. Can his a$$ and replace him now, because with him as our kicker, I KNOW we can't win nearly as many close games.

That's a fact, and I'm not backing down.