Jason Peters got a nice check in the mail

Pay for play

Nineteen players earned "performance based pay" bonuses of $200,000 or more for the 2005 season. A list of those players:

OT Rob Petitti, Cowboys, $271,287

FS C.C. Brown, Texans, $251,593

OT Kelly Butler, Lions, $242,908

OG Rex Hadnot, Dolphins, $235,847

DT Jordan Carstens, Car., $232,748

OT Shane Olivea, Chargers, $223,966

CB Curtis DeLoatch, Giants, $221,005

OG Ryan Lilja, Colts, $215,642

OT Jason Peters, Bills, $215,008

OT Travelle Wharton, Car., $214,048

OG Will Whitticker, Packers, $212,307

CB Travis Daniels, Dolphins, $212,069

OT Anthony Davis, Bucs, $211,350

OG Dan Buenning, Bucs, $210,204

LB Colby Bockwoldt, Saints, $209,943

FS Chris Harris, Bears, $209,362

SS Gibril Wilson, Giants, $207,549

CB Ike Taylor, Steelers, $206,513

FS Kerry Rhodes, Jets, $200,268

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...ht&lid=tab2pos1

Very good for him. He is well deserving of this.

My favorite part:

Every player in the league who participates in even one snap receives something from the PBP pool, which does not impact a player's salary cap charge. The pool to fund the supplements is deducted from the overall league salary cap funds, and it was essentially created by slowing the annual increases in base salaries and by blunting the increases in the annual rookie allocation pool.

Did OT Rob Petitti, Cowboys, get paid the most ($271,287) because blocking for an immobile statue-like QB is not an easy thing to do.

641473[/snapback]

[/qB

Bill Parcells would rip into Pettiti, he almost sat him a half dozen times I find this odd that he was paid the most

Pay for play

Nineteen players earned "performance based pay" bonuses of $200,000 or more for the 2005 season. A list of those players: 

641452[/snapback]

Good for Jason. He deserves it.

I guess I'll state the obvious.  I wish my job had something like this.

641457[/snapback]

Peters situation doesn't equate to a job, it's very much like self employment. I'm probably not telling you something you don't already know, but I didn't see the "obvious" part you are talking about.

Pay for play

OT Rob Petitti, Cowboys, $271,287

FS C.C. Brown, Texans, $251,593

OT Kelly Butler, Lions, $242,908

OG Rex Hadnot, Dolphins, $235,847

DT Jordan Carstens, Car., $232,748

OT Shane Olivea, Chargers, $223,966

CB Curtis DeLoatch, Giants, $221,005

OG Ryan Lilja, Colts, $215,642

OT Travelle Wharton, Car., $214,048

OG Will Whitticker, Packers, $212,307

CB Travis Daniels, Dolphins, $212,069

OT Anthony Davis, Bucs, $211,350

OG Dan Buenning, Bucs, $210,204

LB Colby Bockwoldt, Saints, $209,943

FS Chris Harris, Bears, $209,362

SS Gibril Wilson, Giants, $207,549

CB Ike Taylor, Steelers, $206,513

FS Kerry Rhodes, Jets, $200,268 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...ht&lid=tab2pos1

641452[/snapback]

He deserves it, since he'll be starting RT for us come next season. He is a talented player, going from TE to RT. That's pretty good. :P

This thread needs more Jason Peters is stupid jokes

But he's still our best offensive lineman

642241[/snapback]

:P Yeah okay, so glad you're our oline coach and can e v a l talent, and knew what each play called was to really know what his assignment was and how he performed on each play. :P

Peters situation doesn't equate to a job, it's very much like self employment.  I'm probably not telling you something you don't already know, but I didn't see the "obvious" part you are talking about.

642214[/snapback]

Ridiculous. Are you trying to pick a fight?

How is that measured? If it was in the article, I missed it. Isn't this sort of subjective?

642289[/snapback]

It's based on salary and time played against other higher paid players at the position. A certain amount is contributed and split based on time played and salary, with the lower paid players in "higher" priced positions getting more.

It has nothing to do with performance, other then being good enough for a specific team to be able to play more, and being low paid.

Around the league, there are a lot of players feeling really good about the PBP program, implemented in 2002 as part of that year's extension to the collective bargaining agreement, to establish a fund from NFL revenues to supplement the salaries of men whose playing time in a given season is disproportionate to their compensation. Those who benefit the most are primarily guys like Petitti, young players who generally are earning a minimum base salary.

Every player in the league who participates in even one snap receives something from the PBP pool, which does not impact a player's salary cap charge. The pool to fund the supplements is deducted from the overall league salary cap funds, and it was essentially created by slowing the annual increases in base salaries and by blunting the increases in the annual rookie allocation pool.

It's based on salary and time played against other higher paid players at the position.  A certain amount is contributed and split based on time played and salary, with the lower paid players in "higher" priced positions getting more.

It has nothing to do with performance, other then being good enough for a specific team to be able to play more, and being low paid.

642292[/snapback]

Thanks. I had a mental image of ice skating scores. 7 guys holding up cards saying "8.2" after a block.

...and WHERE does this analysis go?  And is it any good?

642305[/snapback]

He actually does a decent job from what I understand. I believe the cats destroy all evidence after each game, so the next opponents scouts do not get ahold of the info. :P

...and WHERE does this analysis go?  And is it any good?

642305[/snapback]

Actually, it is. CTM is an ass (I can call him that because, well, it's true...), but a very smart and perceptive guy. But sorry, the analysis is only discussed within the "Inner Circle" :P

There are quite a few "Old Timey" posters who actually understand what they are looking at, but over the last few years have become way to cynical and jaded to try to post anything relevant here. Glad we still have a few, like Lori and the Cigar Man, and a few others. But they are also getting headaches from 163 different "Trade for Moulds" too.

Damn, I think SDS even knows what he's looking at on occassion. Rare occassions, but there are occassions none the less.

(Hi, Scooter)

Peters situation doesn't equate to a job, it's very much like self employment.  I'm probably not telling you something you don't already know, but I didn't see the "obvious" part you are talking about.

642214[/snapback]

SIGH :P

Yes I know it's not like a real job. It was just an offhand comment. Try not to take life too seriously.

So let me ask you VA; do you like the acquisition of Fowler?  And why?

642319[/snapback]

Yes, because he isn't Teague first off. Second, he has a good Wonderlic and IMHO that is important for a center. I haven't really seen him play, so beyond that I cannot say too much.