Evans will be our #1 and Josh Reed will be our #2

Like it or not I believe that Reed will be the #2 reciever this year for us. We won't be replacing Moulds with another reciever. The compensation for him will come thru the draft and maybe a player. Davis will stretch the field and hopefully Reed won't have hands of stone. Evans could be a smaller version of Moulds. Last year we used a nice valuable 2nd rd pick for our kick-off/punt returner. That's all I see Roscoe doing. I don't think that you will see Marv jeoporizing McGee on STs anymore. Can Everett be a playmaker? With no NFL experience, and who knows how nasty of an injury, he's a longshot to say the least. It's nice to hear that MaGahee is in Buffalo working out. We do need to have some insurance there. Has anybody heard anything else about A-Train? I don't know if he would be the answer anyways. Any suggestions here? Of course all this means nothing if we don't have a competent QB. This is the position that I pray to GOD about. The more that I think about our situation the more I believe that if we don't trade down, we'll be looking to select either Ferguson or Davis to help out our dire O-Line. Does this analogy look somewhat accurate?

I do not believe you are far off. I think first we have to look at what Marv has. Defense wins games and championships. I believe the defense will be addressed in Rnd 1. Whether it is the line or the secondary, it will more than likely come first. Maybe Ngata, Williams, Huff, it is still up in the air. Linebackers are out though. We have 3 excellent starters, and three real good backups. The opposite will be selected in the second round with good probability. Of course this all still hinges on other free agents.

I do not believe you are far off. I think first we have to look at what Marv has. Defense wins games and championships. I believe the defense will be addressed in Rnd 1. Whether it is the line or the secondary, it will more than likely come first. Maybe Ngata, Williams, Huff, it is still up in the air. Linebackers are out though. We have 3 excellent starters, and three real good backups. The opposite will be selected in the second round with good probability. Of course this all still hinges on other free agents.

640877[/snapback]

I see one really good backup and 2 really good starters depending on spikes health. Stamer and Haggan have proved nothing as lb's but are valuable st's players. I wouldn't be suprised to see this addressed during the draft. Infact if AJ Hawk somehow slips to 8 that would look real smart in 2 years when fletcher and posey are gone, and Spikes hits 31 years of age. We're more then 1 player away. Although I think the most likely position to be addressed is dt or safety.

To the original post evans is never going to be a "smaller version" of eric moulds. Evans is a great deep threat but I just dont see him ever being able to work the middle of the field like moulds could or being a true #1. Evans will need a serious presence at te or a good receiver or group of receiving threats to take pressure off of him. However the system Fairchild will be running will play to evans strengths. Honestly even losing moulds I think we're still well off with Evans/Reed/Davis/Parrish/Aiken.

I don't think that you will see Marv jeoporizing McGee on STs anymore.

640874[/snapback]

That would be a huge mistake IMO, he's the biggest weapon on our team.

I think he keeps on returning KO's, he's the best in the league.

Well, then let me ask you some questions. How did you feel when McGee got banged up last year? Were you a little nervous? Do people really feel secure with our secondary and it's depth? Did you happen to notice that Roscoe was taking over more of these responsibilities towards the end of the season? I wouldn't want to see another Seahorn saga happen. The guy was NEVER right after he blew out his knee.

McGee will keep returning kicks, you'd be an idiot to think he won't. He's the best in the NFL hands down...Wasn't our starting average like the 36 yard line? That's damn good and next year hopefully we can do something with it. I can see Roscoe in there on 3rd down and in long yardage situations.

We won't be able to pick up Furgusen cause he won't last til the 8th pick. I wouldn't be in the least bit upset if Marv picked Vernon Davis. We really can't go wrong at the 8th pick, we're gonna get a really good player.

About McGee getting hurt...didn't that happen when he was on defense, attemping to make a tackle? I can't remember for sure

Well, then let me ask you some questions. How did you feel when McGee got banged up last year? Were you a little nervous? Do people really feel secure with our secondary and it's depth? Did you happen to notice that Roscoe was taking over more of these responsibilities towards the end of the season? I wouldn't want to see another Seahorn saga happen. The guy was NEVER right after he blew out his knee.

640908[/snapback]

I think the potential rewards far outweigh the potential risk. If TM was only a very good returner, OK. But he is a GREAT KO returner. Also to me, KO's are less hazardous than punts, the returner has more time to look upfield & set up his blocks. Now, Nate on PR's is another story, Roscoe can handle that.

I think we'll use a first day selection to get a WR with size, if we do in fact part ways with Moulds. I really like Jason Avent in the 3rd, i think he is more ready to play unlike some others that might go higher. and if we do lose moulds i could also see us getting a go to TE, Davis in the first or maybe Lewis in the 2nd.

I would be okay with

1-Ngata DT

2-Mercedes Lewis TE

3-Josh Bullocks/Darnell Bing (seems to be falling) SS

3b-Jason Avent WR

3c (from trade, moulds) Davin Joseph/Charles Spencer/Daryn Colledge LG

3d(com-Pat Williams)-Rocky McIntosh/ Kai Parham/Gerris Wilkinson LOLB

4-Anthnoy Smith FS

I think we'll sue a first day selection to get a WR with size, if we do in fact part ways with Moulds.  I really like Jason Avent in the 3rd, i think he is more ready to play unlike some others that might go higher.  and if we do lose moulds i could also see us getting a go to TE, Davis in the first or maybe Lewis in the 2nd.

640962[/snapback]

I'll be shocked to see Marcedes Lewis lasts till the 2nd rd. Honestly I still think he's the best te in the draft. I know the Davis bandwagon wont agree but I think Marcedes offers a better all around effort then davis. Marcedes is a better blocker, taller, probably would make a better redzone target. Plenty fast in his own right. I also love Leonard Pope from Georgia, Dominique Byrd from USC and some others. This is a pretty deep te class.

from what I heard, Lewis is a 2nd rounder, many think his forty time was average. and he lacks bulk, while Pope ran a 4.6 forty-I'd take either one in the 2nd, assuming they are their of course. I just can't see use win with a less than average line, and only McGahee and Evans as our weapons. If you get a pass catching TE at least the LB will be kept honest. and Jason avent reminds me of Boldin in AZ

Guest dog14787
That would be a huge mistake IMO,  he's the biggest weapon on our team.

I think he keeps on returning KO's, he's the best in the league.

640900[/snapback]

Amen to that!!!!

I think this may finally be the year that Josh Reed steps it up, becuase I think that this will finally be the year that he is used properly.

2002: Promising Rookie Season

2003: Miscast in Peerless Price deep threat role.

2004: Battled through injuries

2005: Was arguably the most consistent WR on the team amidst the QB musical chairs situation.

I really do think that he is primed to have a big season. With the other WRs all taking on the speed burner role, Josh could be a beast over the middle of the field, maybe even brining back memories of another Reed we all remember well.

I'll be shocked to see Marcedes Lewis lasts till the 2nd rd.  Honestly I still think he's the best te in the draft.  I know the Davis bandwagon wont agree but I think Marcedes offers a better all around effort then davis.  Marcedes is a better blocker, taller, probably would make a better redzone target. Plenty fast in his own right.  I also love Leonard Pope from Georgia, Dominique Byrd from USC and some others. This is a pretty deep te class.

640964[/snapback]

Whatever you are smoking send me some, here let me help you off the floor it seems you fell offt his rocking chair. Davis and Williams are the best players in the draft, Lewis stock dropped big time at the end of the year and at the combine, very mediocre numbers. is not a hard worker.Hardwork=character.

Whatever you are smoking send me some, here let me help you off the floor it seems you fell offt his rocking chair. Davis and Williams are the best players in the draft, Lewis stock dropped big time at the end of the year and at the combine, very mediocre numbers. is not a hard worker.Hardwork=character.

641318[/snapback]

If and when Eric Moulds Leaves the only thing were are very sure of is that Lee Evans becomes number 1 reciever.

Listening to Marvs comments on Josh and how other have compared Josh to a ricky prohel(sp) Marv hopes that he is. Well Ricky was a career slot reciever and that is where Josh Reed is best suited he is not a number 2 hes most comfortable in the slot that is where he excells the best.

Andre Davis has played the #2 role and did pretty good the year he stayed healthy. He has speed and decent hands, needs improvemnt in route running though thats mostly due to his lack of playing time because of his foot injuries. He has really good potential to fit the number 2 role unless we can sign some one better because right now there is noone id feel comfortable with in the number 2 spot.

Parrish is definately number 4 good speed needs to improve oon the hands might be able to challenge for the number 2 spot but he's still too short.

Another thing i have seen in this post is Mcgee losint time on special teams ????? afraid of him getting hurt so it hurts our depth when he has given us the best feild position we have seen from a KR in 6 years. He might not BE a DEION Corner but hes definatley a DEION returner and that is more valubale. IT would hurt our offense the most if hes not returning Kicks IMHO.

Like it or not I believe that Reed will be the #2 reciever this year for us. We won't be replacing Moulds with another reciever. The compensation for him will come thru the draft and maybe a player. Davis will stretch the field and hopefully Reed won't have hands of stone. Evans could be a smaller version of Moulds. Last year we used a nice valuable 2nd rd pick for our kick-off/punt returner. That's all I see Roscoe doing. I don't think that you will see Marv jeoporizing McGee on STs anymore. Can Everett be a playmaker? With no NFL experience, and who knows how nasty of an injury, he's a longshot to say the least. It's nice to hear that MaGahee is in Buffalo working out. We do need to have some insurance there. Has anybody heard anything else about A-Train? I don't know if he would be the answer anyways. Any suggestions here? Of course all this means nothing if we don't have a competent QB. This is the position that I pray to GOD about. The more that I think about our situation the more I believe that if we don't trade down, we'll be looking to select either Ferguson or Davis to help out our dire O-Line. Does this analogy look somewhat accurate?

640874[/snapback]

thats a vey weak, under sized receiving corp. watch evans production drop like a rock w/o moulds. this team is looking more and more the bears everyday: impotent offense without enough weapons, and a defense filled with "high motor" guys. not a real threat to go anywhere, basically