Losman - This has to be said...

I am a bit surprised by fans. Due to the success of Roethlisberger, everyone feels that the development of young QBs should be instant. There is an absolute disregard for the fact most QBs need time to mature. Losman has yet to play a complete season. He is still very young. He has talent. Yet, many think he should be playing like a superstar now or hit the road.

I invest it stocks. If I bought a stock and expected it to jump in 1 year, I would not have the stomach for it. Losman is an investment. He is an investment we paid a 1st round pick for. That is a large investment. We need to lose the mentality of instant success for QBs and stick to our guns. I believe Losman should play all 16 games this season. He will get better. If he doesn't show improvement we get rid of him after the season. The Lions spent too much time with Harrington. He never showed promise.

This should be a complete season for Losman to show us his value. He has gone through some growing pains, a lot of them, but has to be given a full chance due to the large investment made to get him.

If he's really as bad as people think he is. Then we draft Brady Quinn with the 1st pick next year.

I have watched Losman. He is a nervouse wreck. We know he wasn't over and underthrowing players in college. We know he has the ability to play QB. He needs a chance. That's what the Bills should give him. Last season was a disaster. He should have played all 16 games.

The talk about we should have got Kitna or Ramsey is ridiculous. We have 2 QBs that can be starters. Losman must be given the shot.

I know people are anxious for the Bills to win now. So am I. Patience with a young QB will give us some hope.

Didn't Orten win 10 games on 15 starts last year? Yeah his stats sucked, but he did enough to let his team win or not lose however you want to put it.

There are certain folks who have it others don't.

It isn't just big ben.

Didn't Orten win 10 games on 15 starts last year?  Yeah his stats sucked, but he did enough to let his team win or not lose however you want to put it. 

It isn't just big ben.

640603[/snapback]

Ridiculous.

Didn't Orten win 10 games on 15 starts last year?  Yeah his stats sucked, but he did enough to let his team win or not lose however you want to put it. 

It isn't just big ben.

640603[/snapback]

Ummm CHicago Def, and a running game had a bit more to do with that than Orton did.

Ridiculous.

640606[/snapback]

Orton had a much better defense and was told not to lose the game. The Bears weren't trying to develop Orton they were just using him as a placeholder until Grossman got back to 75% healthy. It must kill a guy's psyche to be #1 draft pick and then not given the full support of the organization that has invested millions in your success. I think the Bills are doing the right thing now, they are bringing is some decent competition (Nall) without bringing in some hired gun (like Kitna, Warner, Garcia, Collins, etc.). Nall will push JP without making him too nervous. Of course this all supposes that Holcombe is taking the bus out of town (which I believe he should -- we have seen his ceiling and now its time to see what JP can do).

Ummm CHicago Def, and a running game had a bit more to do with that than Orton did.

640611[/snapback]

Same can be said for Ben. Also, if you throw out Ortons fisasco against Cincy with his 5 int's he wasn't bad the rest of the games. Did he win some, no, but he also other then the Cincy game, didn't lose any.

My point was to say that only Ben did it, is BS, Orton came in as the #3 Qb for Chicago and through injuries was thrust into a starting role and won 10 games for Chicago.

Don't tell me having a QB who can hand off properly, manage the field, call audibles, adjust, and keep drives going doesn't help the defense. It does, and Orton did what he needed to do, to help the Chicago D.

It isn't just big ben.

640603[/snapback]

if orten or big ben was the QB in buffalo last year you would be saying that they suck the big one .

if orten or big ben was the QB in buffalo last year you would be saying that they suck the big one .

640622[/snapback]

No way of knowing. Butto sit there and discount what those two did as rookies and say it only happens rarely is not accurate.

Brady before that.

I have nowhere said anything about any Bills QB here. I am just saying some guys do what it takes with the talent around them and win, other's don't.

Same can be said for Ben.  Also, if you throw out Ortons fisasco against Cincy with his 5 int's he wasn't bad the rest of the games.  Did he win some, no, but he also other then the Cincy game, didn't lose any.

My point was to say that only Ben did it, is BS, Orton came in as the #3 Qb for Chicago and through injuries was thrust into a starting role and won 10 games for Chicago. 

Don't tell me having a QB who can hand off properly, manage the field, call audibles, adjust, and keep drives going doesn't help the defense.  It does, and Orton did what he needed to do, to help the Chicago D.

640621[/snapback]

That was my view of Orton, too. I watched the B'gals game, and remember the inane playcalling on the part of CHI's staff. It was obvious that Orton was struggling, but they kept him passing, even though their run game was effective. Minny did the same thing the week before. Go figure.

No way of knowing.  Butto sit there and discount what those two did as rookies and say it only happens rarely is not accurate. 

Brady before that.

I have nowhere said anything about any Bills QB here.  I am just saying some guys do what it takes with the talent around them and win, other's don't.

640624[/snapback]

it is just not the QB , you have to have some kind of a half way good team to go with the QB . hope JP or nall become our brady .