JP Johnson

I had heard that they said RJ was the type of player who worked out alot and had almost no body fat. The problem is the fat acts as a cushion when you take a hit and your body can absorb the hits better. Not saying that it is the only reason he got hurt, but it contributed to alot of them.

The reason a WR doesn't get hurt as often is because they usual don't get taken down by 280-350lb lineman, they get hit by safeties, CB, and LB's who are typically smaller then a lineman.

640339[/snapback]

RJ got hit so much because he took too long to make a decision and, despite his mobility, tended to stand in place while he considered it. I think he either wasn't very bright or was numb to pain.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason a WR doesn't get hurt as often is because they usual don't get taken down by 280-350lb lineman, they get hit by safeties, CB, and LB's who are typically smaller then a lineman.

640339[/snapback]

Rodney Harrison, Lynch, Polomalu and others might debate this.

I agree......you get a 220 pound safety running a 4.4 and a 200 pound receiver running a 4.4 and you have them collide....that's a lot of impact.....plus...I'd be willing to bet TKO and Fletch have about 7% body fat on them. Fat has nothing to do with cushioning the impact of a hit.

The signing of Nall is not an indication that the new braintrust does not have confidence in him. The idea is crystal clear to me-JP was handed a job from what the veterans belive is one of the top 3 qbs in the leaugue(drew Bledsoe). He never earned the respect of his peers because he was given the car and the keys without any competition.

Man, those veterans must have been getting blowjobs from Drew if they thought that Bledsoe was a top 3 QB in the league.

They know he will beat out any rookie from the draft coming in so bringing in someone who will fight just as hard for the starting job as Holcomb and JP means that if JP wins he will have the respect to go with it because he competed and the team sees that the best QB won and it was a fair competition.

Personally I see Nall winning the compettition "this year" with JP as the Back up and Holcomb playing third or released.

What? This makes no sense.

You know he would win a QB competition this year versus a rookie? How the hell do you know that?

Your assumption that a rookie wouldn't fight hard for a starting job is ludicris. Yeah, I'm sure all that rookies want to do is sit their ass down on the bench and watch. They don't want to play at all. :doh:

As far as the comparison to RJ well first-JP is not Brittle. JP is a Leader. JP is smarter than RJ. JP is not the sack target the RJ was. JP is far more talented than RJ. JP hopefully will be ready to show this year hes deserving to be a starter in the NFL. However, I think Nall wins it out this year. JP learns alot this year and will get an oprrotunity next year which will be a prime year for him.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BUF/7611354

I will reiterrate a point that very few on here pay attention to. In JPs first year during preseason he broke his leg he was unable to "practice" for 10-12 weeks. He was off to a great start in preseason giving all of his fans hope that he was going to be a great player. So compile the fact of a player trying t regain preinjury form with the fact that he didnt compete for the starting job and that spells disaster which he faced last season. However, he did improve form the first half starting to the second half starting which indicates he could be ready this year or he might need one more true year to show the greatness he showed during the preseason prior to his leg breaking. All the fans were excite about him, bootlegs, rollouts, his ability to scramble and the crispness he had on the balls. JP had a rookie year last year and i dont fault him for his situation, but what i do state is if he is the starter this year its becasue he truly earned it.

The final thing i will state and you can take it to the bank I know I am 100% right. JP will not be released or traded period. His contract is so cap freindly for our team he could be the third stringer with out us worrying about cap dollars of the QBs. He signed an incentive laden deal which means the more he plays the more he earns the less he plays well the less he earns all 3 qbs are going to make around 1.5 mil this year thats 4.5 mil less than the lowest tiered NFL starting QB alone.

640232[/snapback]

I'll give you that JP is better than RJ, but thats hardly quite a ringing endorsement.

As far as you knowing that you are 100% right, I would like to call you a tard, because you don't know sh--.

Tard.

I'll give you that JP is better than RJ, but thats hardly quite a ringing endorsement.

As far as you knowing that you are 100% right, I would like to call you a tard, because you don't know sh--.

Tard.

640498[/snapback]

Tard???

I agree, Poeticlaw's tone of metaphysical certitude is a bit 'over-the-top'. Who can possibly be 100% sure that Marv won't trade or release JP - or, for that matter, that he won't draft Vince Young? Anything can happen.

But 'tard??? Well that seems a bit harsh.

Now Vince Young...there's a 'tard!!!

Man, those veterans must have been getting blowjobs from Drew if they thought that Bledsoe was a top 3 QB in the league.

What?  This makes no sense.

You know he would win a QB competition this year versus a rookie?  How the hell do you know that? 

Your assumption that a rookie wouldn't fight hard for a starting job is ludicris.  Yeah, I'm sure all that rookies want to do is sit their ass down on the bench and watch.  They don't want to play at all.  :lol:

Tard.

640498[/snapback]

Well I can tell you that you are a very intelligent person when you use terms such as blowjobs and tard in the same post, probablya 9th grader ill presume.

As far as you being a couch coach every player in the leaugue speaks highly of Bledsoe its only the fans of NE and Buffalo that feel differently about him. We were once those fans that desired Bledsoe so enough on that one.

So for the fact that JP would beat out any drafted QB he would he has NFL experience and hes very talented and most of the people on this board knows hes better than Hocolmb adn more talented and skilled than any QB coming out of this years draft.

The thing that might of illuded you is why I feel 100% that JP wont be released or traded "this year" is money. it makes financial sense to keep all 3 qbs for a combine 4.5mil dollars which is cheaper than the "LOWEST PAID STARTER IN THE NFL ALONE". So for using my financial sense I am a "tard" you will see I will be right.

Well I can tell you that you are a very intelligent person when you use terms such as blowjobs and tard in the same post, probablya 9th grader ill presume.

I just call it like I see it. Tard.

As far as you being a couch coach every player in the leaugue speaks highly of Bledsoe its only the fans of NE and Buffalo that feel differently about him. We were once those fans that desired Bledsoe so  enough on that one.

Yeah, cause they aren't paid to be professional. NFL players just go blasting other NFL players all the time, and so do coaches. :lol:

So for the fact that JP would beat out any drafted QB he would he has NFL experience and hes very talented and most of the people on this board knows hes better than Hocolmb adn more talented and skilled than any QB coming out of this years draft.

Yeah, I'm sure we all know that JP is more talented then Leinart, Young, and Cutler.

Oh wait, I sure as hell don't. And I also don't know that JP would beat out Holcomb or any of the 3 QBs I listed.

It would take improvement for JP to win a truly open competition versus Holcomb. In addition, I don't have any doubt that Leinart, Young, or Cutler have the tools to beat JP in an open competition.

Its funny, you think that Nall will beat JP, but when you put your two criteria to the test: NFL experince and Talent, JP should win that. Hmm, bit of a double standard wouldn't you say?

The thing that might of illuded you is why I feel 100% that JP wont be released or traded  "this year" is money. it makes financial sense to keep all 3 qbs for a combine 4.5mil dollars which is cheaper than the "LOWEST PAID STARTER IN THE NFL ALONE". So for using my financial sense I am a "tard" you will see I will be right.

640550[/snapback]

Nope, you are a tard because you are SO SURE that JP is going to be correct that you call yourself 100% right.

Thats being a tard.

You are not 100% right and you don't know sh-- if we are going to keep all 3 QBs this year. If JP doesn't win the starting job, and gets disgrunted and a bad attitude, he could very easily be cut no matter how much money he gets.

I had heard that they said RJ was the type of player who worked out alot and had almost no body fat. The problem is the fat acts as a cushion when you take a hit and your body can absorb the hits better. Not saying that it is the only reason he got hurt, but it contributed to alot of them.

640339[/snapback]

You are far more likely to be injured by safeties, CB and linebackers tackling you than linemen! The former are generally high-speed impact collisions, while linemen more often grab and wrestle you down from a upright rush.

You are far more likely to be injured by safeties, CB and linebackers tackling you than linemen!  The former are generally high-speed impact collisions,  while linemen more often grab and wrestle you down from a upright rush.

640579[/snapback]

Just don't tell that to Joe Montana :lol:

Guest BackInDaDay
Now the QB position has three candidates who bring three different styles and strength/weakness skill sets to the table and they can fight it out in camp.

640324[/snapback]

Two inexperienced NFL QBs and one mediocre NFL QB fighting it out to be our opening day starter should make Bills fans cringe. This is not a good thing, I don't care how anyone spins it.

Tard.

640498[/snapback]

When you started to call other people 'Tard', you already lost credibility of your statements.

If you didn't agree with others, you can state your views. Remember, making personal attacks doesn't make you right, it actually makes you look bad.

When you started to call other people 'Tard', you already lost credibility of your statements.

If you didn't agree with others, you can state your views. Remember, making personal attacks doesn't make you right, it actually makes you look bad.

640598[/snapback]

Welcome to the Internet. I hope you enjoy your stay.

I only use personal attacks on people that think they are, without a doubt, 100% right, and state it. Thats being a tard.

Welcome to the Internet.  I hope you enjoy your stay.

I only use personal attacks on people that think they are, without a doubt, 100% right, and state it.  Thats being a tard.

640614[/snapback]

Welcome you to the world of respecting others. Hope you can learn to respect different opinions during your stay.

Why can't we just judge each player on their own merits and decide from there? Personally I feel that Johnson is getting a bum rap in this thread as JP hasn't even played up to that level yet. Someday he may, and I'll be eating crow, but right now Johnson is/was a far better QB then Losman is.

Welcome you to the world of respecting others. Hope you can learn to respect different opinions during your stay.

640651[/snapback]

:P:P:D:lol::lol::lol:

I respect the people on this board that deserve to be respected, not the ones that proclaim themselves as 100% right. You must not have been on the internet for long, have you? :lol:

Hmm, my first ignore list (to my knowledge).

Does this mean I get to start taking baby steps as to being the next AD?  How many are you on good sir?

640721[/snapback]

C'mon, BlueFire. Nothing is going on besides the daily rubber band and spitball fights. :lol:

No need to dig your heels in... :P

C'mon, BlueFire. Nothing is going on besides the daily rubber band and spitball fights. :P

No need to dig your heels in... :P

640730[/snapback]

:lol:

What can I say, its a pet peeve of mine when someone declares themselves "100% correct".

<3 cincy