1.) Houston - Reggie Bush

2.) New Orleans - Mario Williams

3.) Tennessee - Matt Leinart

4.) New York - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

5.) Green Bay - A.J. Hawk

6.) San Francisco - Vernon Davis

7.) Oakland - Haloti Ngata

8.) Buffalo - Vince Young

Say whatever you wish, but that's how it's going down barring no trades.

640007[/snapback]

Probably less than a 50% chance of that occuring. Every year has surprises, since every team blows as much smoke as they can to hide their real intentions. What we think is the order is today changes drastically in the final 36 hours.

NO WAY does Williams drop to #8. NO WAY do we draft Young. NO WAY to tell what we're doing until draft day.

640195[/snapback]

Exactly, all the way around. Unfortunately Mario's stock has risen to match his talents. He is the best player in the draft period, and the player everyone will be talking about five years from now. If he is available at 8 somehow he would be a no brainer, but it isn't going to happen. I would gladly give up at least one other pick, and maybe more to trade up and get him, but they won't do that.

Our hope is that the three QBs all join Bush in the top seven. That means we get to pick among all but three of the remaining players, and will get a shot at quality. I would love a guy in the trenches, but he can't be a reach. If Ngata or Bunkley or Winston is judged as the best football player available we can pick them (and hopefully that evaluation is made by people who are a lot better at evaluating talent than any of us is).

Otherwise we have to take the best player. Free agency for needs, draft for quality players. Remember #8 is supposed to be a key piece of our 2010 Super Bowl team, so drafting the wrong guy just based on what failed the most in 2005 will hurt us in the long run.

1.) Houston - Reggie Bush

2.) New Orleans - Mario Williams

3.) Tennessee - Matt Leinart

4.) New York - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

5.) Green Bay - A.J. Hawk

6.) San Francisco - Vernon Davis

7.) Oakland - Haloti Ngata

8.) Buffalo - Vince Young

Say whatever you wish, but that's how it's going down barring no trades.

Disagree. Young drops to the Ravens @ 13.

1) Houston Reggie Bush

2) NO- Mario Williams

3) Tenn--Matt Leinart

4) NY--D'Brick

5) GB--AJ Hawk

6) San Fran--Haloti Ngata

7) Oakland--Huff, possibly Cutler (even with Brooks)

8) Vernon Davis

Even the Jets fans at the draft will be happy.

640096[/snapback]

I sure hope not. For me the highlight of any NFL draft is when they announce the Jets first round pick and the place explodes in a thundering chorus of "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

:doh:

I sure hope not.  For me the highlight of any NFL draft is when they announce the Jets first round pick and the place explodes in a thundering chorus of "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

:doh:

640314[/snapback]

:huh: Sure is! Philly has a pretty good bunch, too. Chris Berman should interesting to watch if the Bills take a QB!

Given the layout originally presented, all the immediate superstars are gone and there are a lot of immediate starters left.

The obvious answer to me given all of our needs is that you end up hoping someone is antsy that pick #9 or #10 is going to be the one guy they must have (Cutler, Vince Young perhaps) and the answer for us is to trade down #8 pick up an extra #2 and figure that in this deep draft there is no one who will help us win an SB this year, but if we can get another starter quality player we would not have gotten the trading down in the thing to do.

NO WAY does Williams drop to #8. NO WAY do we draft Young. NO WAY to tell what we're doing until draft day.

640195[/snapback]

It cracks me up how much everyone KNOWS. That something's are impossible just because.

The fact is, anything can happen. Who would have guessed when we had a Pro Bowl RB and a million needs that we would draft Willis McGahee? Who would have guessed that Aaron Rodgers who was projected to be the 1st pick overall, dropped to pick 20 last year?

Anything can happen. Argue his style all you want, but the guy can flat out play and is a proven leader. If the pick is Young or Cutler vs. Huff, Justice, or Hali and Marv isn't high on J.P.; we may very well make that pick.

It cracks me up how much everyone KNOWS. That something's are impossible just because.

The fact is, anything can happen. Who would have guessed when we had a Pro Bowl RB and a million needs that we would draft Willis McGahee? Who would have guessed that Aaron Rodgers who was projected to be the 1st pick overall, dropped to pick 20 last year?

Anything can happen. Argue his style all you want, but the guy can flat out play and is a proven leader. If the pick is Young or Cutler vs. Huff, Justice, or Hali and Marv isn't high on J.P.; we may very well make that pick.

640357[/snapback]

I'm sorry. You're right. I don't KNOW. What I meant to say was....I am pretty freakin' sure, without a shadow of a doubt, am just about positive we will not draft Young. This way it's not so definative for you. Better?

I'd go with Davis because he is one of those game changing players that teams will have to game plan for. Although I do think our interior defensive line is in dire straits and is the biggest need position, I also think that having a player like Davis will help this team play ball control and have much better red zone success. These two factors will help out our defense.

639997[/snapback]

I think Marv is going to favor defensive players as he's indicated that he'd rather have a strong defense that gives a bad offense time to work as opposed to having a strong offense that gives a bad defense time to rest.

I think he's learned from past experience.

I think Marv is going to favor defensive players as he's indicated that he'd rather have a strong defense that gives a bad offense time to work as opposed to having a strong offense that gives a bad defense time to rest.

I think he's learned from past experience.

640448[/snapback]

I've never heard it put that way before, but I sure agree with it. That Marv is a pretty smart guy. hmmm...guess it will be Ngata then! :doh:

Vince Young is a very interesting prospect who has a shot at being an absolute superstar. If the Bills don't gamble on him (assuming he actually drops that far), they could trade down for a team that may want him.

I agree that based on Levy's comments though, they would not draft Young. However, if they did draft Young, he could sit at 3rd string for a year a la McNair and then hopefully be ready for next year.

I'd draft my boy Vince.

640504[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind seeing VY in Buffalo. The only players in the top 10 offensive players that can make a defense gameplan around them are Bush, Young, and Davis.

Young's arm is underrated, and he basically looked bored college because no one could catch him. I'd love the Bills to have a game changing QB like that. But we are talking about the Bills here. :lol:

Disagree. Young drops to the Ravens @ 13.

1) Houston  Reggie Bush

2) NO- Mario Williams

3) Tenn--Matt Leinart

4) NY--D'Brick

5) GB--AJ Hawk

6) San Fran--Haloti Ngata

7) Oakland--Huff, possibly Cutler (even with Brooks)

8) Vernon Davis

640308[/snapback]

I do not see that 'Aints picking up another DE, They have Will Smith high first round pick 2 years ago, as well as Charles Grant who is a 10 sack/year guy. DL is one the Aint's Strengths. I would expect them to look at D'Brick, Hawk, or trade.