Lawyer Milloy on Sirius NFL Radeeeeyo

Asked about how it was being in a losing situation in buffalo, after being in NE, now going back on to a winning organization like Atlanta (a-hole question).

He says, no matter about the money or all that, "Losing sucks".

(funny, he didn't say anything about feeding his family, or that he lost, but everyone in his family put on 15 lbs in the last 2 years, so it's all good!).

He went on to defend the bills, and his experience there. He said it was great being on a top defense that finished at the top 2 years in a row.

when asked what went wrong last year:

1) laughs at 1st doesn't want to answer

2) Really thought they had a good team going into last season

3) key injuries....TKO

4) doesn't want to get into it, some decisions made not great ones

5) lost a lot of close games, not a tough mentality team, just couldn't get it together

Played hurt last 2 years....forearm and hand. Had surgery, was basically playing with one arm last year, and wasn't the same player. Feels healthy now and will be back to his old self next season.

Lawyer came off as a stand up guy...he didn't bash his old team on the way out the door by taking cheap shots (ahem, bledsoe....cough cough).

Pretty consistent feedback as i hear nate, lawyer, TKO, etc interviewed...it's all decisions that were made. Sounds like they blame management and coaches for the tanking last year. It's more and more clear that Tom Donahoe ruined this team, and brought forth a culture that was counter productive, full of paranoia, and generally weak minded....and his poor decisions with personnel.

Lawyer always seemed like a class act and good teammate. I would have liked to see him stay another year (and have Vincent cut instead) but I understand the move. I'll still proudly rock my Lawyer jersey here and there. Hope he has a few good years left in him in the ATL.

639311[/snapback]

Let me see if I can attempt to translate: Sam Adams was a major part of our D on game day. He might not have been a great player Monday-Saturday, but if you wanted a run stuffed, he's your guy. Ditto for Pat Williams. The Bills should have found the money to keep PW. If he was there along with Big Sam, we'd have been able to endure the loss of TKO much better.

Something like that.

Asked about how it was being in a losing situation in buffalo, after being in NE, now going back on to a winning organization like Atlanta (a-hole question).

(funny, he didn't say anything about feeding his family, or that he lost, but everyone in his family put on 15 lbs in the last 2 years, so it's all good!).

He went on to defend the bills, and his experience there.  He said it was great being on a top defense that finished at the top 2 years in a row. 

2)  Really thought they had a good team going into last season

3) key injuries....TKO

5) lost a lot of close games, not a tough mentality team, just couldn't get it together 

Played hurt last 2 years....forearm and hand.  Had surgery, was basically playing with one arm last year, and wasn't the same player.  Feels healthy now and will be back to his old self next season.

Lawyer came off as a stand up guy...he didn't bash his old team on the way out the door by taking cheap shots (ahem, bledsoe....cough cough). 

Pretty consistent feedback as i hear nate, lawyer, TKO, etc interviewed...it's all decisions that were made.  Sounds like they blame management and coaches for the tanking last year.  It's more and more clear that Tom Donahoe ruined this team, and brought forth a culture that was counter productive, full of paranoia, and generally weak minded....and his poor decisions with personnel.

639311[/snapback]

Was it Donahoe or Mularkey/Jerry Gray decisions that were dubious?

He went on to defend the bills, and his experience there.  He said it was great being on a top defense that finished at the top 2 years in a row. 

2)  Really thought they had a good team going into last season

3) key injuries....TKO

Played hurt last 2 years....forearm and hand.  Had surgery, was basically playing with one arm last year, and wasn't the same player.  Feels healthy now and will be back to his old self next season.

Pretty consistent feedback as i hear nate, lawyer, TKO, etc interviewed...it's all decisions that were made.  Sounds like they blame management and coaches for the tanking last year.  It's more and more clear that Tom Donahoe ruined this team, and brought forth a culture that was counter productive, full of paranoia, and generally weak minded....and his poor decisions with personnel.

639311[/snapback]

re "wrong decisions" made, it seems that all the defensive players really thought poorly of the decision to let pat williams go.