H. Ngata may go to GB at 5

CJPearl2

Rumors around the NFL (Sirius NFL Radio - gotta love it!!!) say that with the signing of Pickett, Green Bay may look for a big body DT to complement KGB and Kampman to make one hell of a D-line.

If that is true, what does it mean for the Bills' draft board (assuming we do not trade the pick)??

Just for fun, lets assume the draft goes.....

1 Houston - Reggie Bush

2. NYJ (trade w/ NO)- Matt Leinhart

3. TEN- Vince Young, QB TEX

4. NO (trade w/jets) - Mario Williams

5. GB- Ngata

6. SF- Michael Huff, S TEX (Maybe Davis)

7. OAK- Jay Cutler, QB VAND - losing out on the Danta sweepstakes would make then take one of the top 3 QBs

BUFFALO - Does Brick fall to us? Also could have TE Davis if SF passes.

I dont want to trade up for Ngata, I just kind of find it funny that the only people who dont think Ngata is the best DT in the Draft is TSW and Brodrick Bunkley's close family.

636967[/snapback]

So, the old question comes up again. Best player at 8? Or best DT, because we need a DT? That's not going to be a chump change draft choice, part of the benefit and penalty for sucking last year.

I'm just going by a gut feeling on Ngata, which is pretty much as good as 90% of the statistic laced football posts I've seen over the last month or two.

I dont want to trade up for Ngata, I just kind of find it funny that the only people who dont think Ngata is the best DT in the Draft is TSW and Brodrick Bunkley's close family.

636967[/snapback]

The draft expert on NFL network has now moved Bunkley ahead of Ngata. The guy pimped Cutler, now he is pimping Bunkley.

Rumors around the NFL (Sirius NFL Radio - gotta love it!!!) say that with the signing of Pickett, Green Bay may look for a big body DT to complement KGB and Kampman to make one hell of a D-line.

If that is true, what does it mean for the Bills' draft board (assuming we do not trade the pick)??

Just for fun, lets assume the draft goes.....

1 Houston - Reggie Bush

2. NYJ (trade w/ NO)- Matt Leinhart

3. TEN- Vince Young, QB TEX

4. NO (trade w/jets) - Mario Williams

5. GB- Ngata

6. SF- Michael Huff, S TEX (Maybe Davis)

7. OAK- Jay Cutler, QB VAND - losing out on the Danta sweepstakes would make then take one of the top 3 QBs

BUFFALO - Does Brick fall to us? Also could have TE Davis if SF passes.

636955[/snapback]

This would be incredible. In this scenario, there'd be 3 top flight players left (IMO) - the two you mention, plus AJ Hawk would still be there too... he has put up some very impressive numbers in his workouts. The Bills could try trading down a couple, get an extra pick, and still have whichever of the 3 falls!

If this was to happen I'd have to think we would take AJ Hawk. Here me out before you say "we need OL help first". I know we do but the OL talent is so deep we could get a good one in the second round. I believe both London & Posey are both UFA's next year.

If this was to happen I'd have to think we would take AJ Hawk.  Here me out before you say "we need OL help first".  I know we do but the OL talent is so deep we could get a good one in the second round.  I believe both London & Posey are both UFA's next year.

637080[/snapback]

thats exactly the thinking that has occured over the last 5-6 years, once we get to second round there will be another good player there, and then you'll say, "we should take him, we can get another lineman in the 3rd round" and so on. Pretty soon you end up taking mike puccilo in the 6th rd and then your like oh sh.... we have no lineman.

we need lineman, so take one, its as simple as that. there will always be good players available, so dont wait for the time where this isnt.

So, the old question comes up again. Best player at 8? Or best DT, because we need a DT? That's not going to be a chump change draft choice, part of the benefit and penalty for sucking last year.

I'm just going by a gut feeling on Ngata, which is pretty much as good as 90% of the statistic laced football posts I've seen over the last month or two.

636972[/snapback]

I agree with Bib, from everything I've seen I like Ngata, but there is this feeling I have that he won't be as good as advertised. If DaBrick falls to us...who the fug cares? IMHO DaBrickashaw is the best we can hope for.

Hey since I watch oregon football every year i can add a lil perspective.

Everybody I know that talked about oregon this year (fans) raved about the defense. Almost always the next thing outta their mouth would be some comment on Ngata with raised eyebrows.I personally saw ngata block one kick, in a game where the commentaters had been already talking about him. I am no pro scout but the feeling around here (75 miles from eugene) is that he is a very solid player and played a huge part in the sucess of the ducks. The only loss they suffered in regular season was against USC!!! I can't tell you if he is worth top ten money, but if it is a question of him being an impact or not, i billeve he would be.

Ngata off the board in the top seven would be a dream come true. I'm not exciteda bout getting him, so having him go in the top 7 increases our choices at 8. I know Mario Williams isn't going to fall, but choosing between Brick, Hawk, and Davis is a pretty nice scenario (but probably won't happen). We need to get the best impact football player thinking of total value over the next five years. I would love a lineman, but not if ability is inferior. Fill needs in free agency, get the best players you can in the draft.

Ngata is moving up the list in pretty much everyone's book (except maybe here). I am beginning to think it is a real possibility he might not be there at 8. Our best option then is a trade down as no other offensive or defensive lineman is worthy of an 8. If we can't trade down Huff and Davis start looking tempting, but it will set us back tremendously for next season. At least we will have a top five pick in the draft next season! :devil: