WOW - WGR55 sucks ass in the AM

Lv-Bills

I liked Schopp and Simon on 107.7, but since they went off the air I havent heard them. 550 does not come in real well in Genesee County

638393[/snapback]

During the day I can pick it up all the way into Rochester and back...sometimes buzzes out going down 33 through Bergen, but I pick it up again...I give it a try every six months or so...hearing the bozos today and their 1.3 MILLION OHMYGOD I remember why I don't bother...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Maniscalco is at radio 910 in Richmond,  Mike worked with Brad at night before he got his gig in Richmond.  He is a very nice person....

637029[/snapback]

...who takes every chance he can to diss the Bills and Sabres. In fact, he goes out of his way to make sure people here in Richmond know he is from Buffalo but in no way a fan of either team. He's made mention many times of his favorite NFL team, the Minnesota Vikings, and his favorite NHL team, the NY Rangers. His team preferences aside, I just don't like his style. I think he's too much of a kiss a$$ in his interviews. Thank God I got Sirius satellite radio! Their NFL radio and ESPN radio beat the hell out of the local sports hacks here. Plus Howard Stern and the many music channels are waaaaaaaaaay better than any of the garbage they play over the airwaves.

BTW, I loved Howard Simon with WNSA/Empire. If he's as bad now as many of you say, it's a real shame. Truly a loss for Bills and Sabres fans everywhere. :devil:

I have followed Mike Shoops carrier sense his days at 1280 AM in Rochester.  When Shoop was on WNSA by himself he was entertaining, positive, funny, and a Bills fan.  When I listen to WGR, I wonder who the hell this Shoop guy is.  He is not the same guy he use to be.  It's a shame what happened to him.  The best thing for GR and Shoop is to do a format change.  When Rome goes to "pay" radio GR should move Shoop or Bulldog to afternoon drive, but both should not be together anymore.  Shoop has the talent, and I hope for him that he finds his old ways. 

97 Rock doesn't have an actual Bills format in the offseason, but the jocks will bring up Bills news as soon as it comes up.  97 Rock is the only station I listen to for pre and post Bills game news.  Why bother changing the radio when the Bills game starts.

638258[/snapback]

I kind of agree with that, although I wasn't a huge Schopp fan even while he was on NSA. Either Schopp or Parker is somewhat tolerable by themselves (or with Brad filling in), but it seems like they bring out the worst in each other when they work together.

JMO.

As for pre/postgame: I listen to GR pregames when I drive up from home, mostly because I can pick them up sooner. Postgames? The 'official' (97Rock) postgame plays at Lot 1 Pole 5 so we can hear the pressers, but we're kinda busy grillin' and chillin' at that point. Most of the time, we're still there when Brinson is wrapping up the show...

Finally got Sirius, though, so some of that may change this season.

I kind of agree with that, although I wasn't a huge Schopp fan even while he was on NSA. Either Schopp or Parker is somewhat tolerable by themselves (or with Brad filling in), but it seems like they bring out the worst in each other when they work together.

JMO.

As for pre/postgame: I listen to GR pregames when I drive up from home, mostly because I can pick them up sooner. Postgames? The 'official' (97Rock) postgame plays at Lot 1 Pole 5 so we can hear the pressers, but we're kinda busy grillin' and chillin' at that point. Most of the time, we're still there when Brinson is wrapping up the show...

Finally got Sirius, though, so some of that may change this season.

638589[/snapback]

I miss Bob Bigmarket

WGR is HOT today baby. ALL BILLS this afternoon. Pretty much ripping on the Bills direction thus far. Actually, talking about the QB on the Bills.

But it's nice. Passion, callers, opinions.

ME LIKE ALOT.

Brad Riter the best?

hahahahahahahahaha!

He is a huge part of the garbage that is GR. He's stupid, uninformed and may be the worst pre-post game host ever. Unprofessional and unprepared describes his show perfectly. Never has an angle or opinion that you haven't heard several times before he says it.

The whole station has an amatuer "lets see how this goes" feel to it instead of a professional broadcasting outlet. Pity the people in Buffalo in a city with no other alternative. WNSA wasn't much but it was way better than this audio sludge.

WGR is HOT today baby.  ALL BILLS this afternoon.  Pretty much ripping on the Bills direction thus far.  Actually, talking about the QB on the Bills.

But it's nice.  Passion, callers, opinions.

ME LIKE ALOT.

639203[/snapback]

Maybe they've visited TSW and got the message. I'll have to take your word for it - I refuse to listen to those idiots.

WGR is HOT today baby.  ALL BILLS this afternoon.  Pretty much ripping on the Bills direction thus far.  Actually, talking about the QB on the Bills.

But it's nice.  Passion, callers, opinions.

ME LIKE ALOT.

639203[/snapback]

All Afternoon?? Bull Dog and Mr ESPN show started at 3 pm and your post is at 3:16!!!

I guess you missed hearing how upset Bull Dog was because Barry Manalow did not know a Pasty Cline song on the Wan-a-b-a-singer show last night.

I used to like the Dog on WBEN but now......

It seems every since GR and the Hammer parted ways things have gone down hill

for them.