Which college has a better Meteorology program?

SUNY Albany, Lyndon State, Plymouth state, SUNY Maritime, Rutgers state?

I know they all have top notch programs but which on seems like the better one.  People say the Junior year is the year to start looking at colleges, so here I go.

635763[/snapback]

I beleive the best meteorology program in the country is Penn State and I am pretty sure Plymouth State is #2. I have partied at Plymouth State many times- I hope you enjoy the cold- that place gets frigid! I am a big fan of the weather too- cheers and good luck!

BTW meteorology has one of the higher drop out rates- the math load is intense. Atmospheric physics is quite complicated.

I know they all have top notch programs but which on seems like the better one.  People say the Junior year is the year to start looking at colleges, so here I go.

635763[/snapback]

Now there's a question that I doubt has ever been asked on TBD ever before. :doh:

BTW meteorology has one of the higher drop out rates- the math load is intense.  Atmospheric physics is quite complicated.

635779[/snapback]

I can attest to that. I was a meteorology major at SUNY Brockport but the math was just too much for me. If you're choosing that as a career make sure you like math and are good at it. I was neither.

Ended up changing majors to something that suited my strengths and style of learning much better my 4th semester.

I can attest to that. I was a meteorology major at SUNY Brockport but the math was just too much for me. If you're choosing that as a career make sure you like math and are good at it. I was neither.

Ended up changing majors to something that suited my strengths and style of learning much better my 4th semester.

635825[/snapback]

Beer swilling?

635763[/snapback]

I would find out where the most weatherbabes go. I have a thing for weatherbabes. It would be an asset to go through life with someone that has the ability to be perky at the same time she is telling you that your golf round and vacation are ruined.

I would find out where the most weatherbabes go. I have a thing for weatherbabes. It would be an asset to go through life with someone that has the ability to be perky at the same time she is telling you that your golf round and vacation are ruined.

635929[/snapback]

No wonder we can never geed a reliable forecast! ;)

635929[/snapback]

Something tells me LSI is not a weatherbabe - maybe find out where Al Roker learned his craft...or Willard Scott?

Letterman used to be a weatherman too, no?

;)

Rutgers state?

635763[/snapback]

That would be Rutgers University, ORRRRRRR...Rutgers, The State University of NJ.

Rutgers State! ;)

Haha, but seriously, I never even knew we had a meterology program, so that should tell you something.

If you go to plymouth state nestled in the southern tier of the white mt's. I have hiked and camped a lot througout the area and have run across, weather data devices along the brooks and trails. Some of the devices collected rainwater, I quess to calculate the mercury levels and acidity, that is affecting the northeast region due to the pollutants carried in the atmosphere . And up the road from plymouth is mt. washington the highest peak at 6280 ft. in the northeast. Which at the summit is a weather observatory that recorded the highest wind speed on earth 230 mph. ?....