Marv Levy WILL win GM of the year - 2006...

IndyMark

by how much he will win, we may never know.

Hey, so I am being antithetical and pugilistic to the naysayers of the current state of the Bills. But the last I checked, we are 0-0 like the rest of the league. History indicates the Redskins, for all their offseason 'activity', will likely fizzle in mediocrity and the Dolphins will somehow self-implode. Both of which should allow Bills fans some level of comfort at this point in time.

Marv will deliver as he always has. The Bills will surely surprise most fans this upcoming season. There is no where to go but up for the Bills (and yes I fully understand 2-14 is not 'up' but they are no where near headed for that record - jeez we play the jets twice).

The offseason was built for optimism; how can one be negative now, unless of course that is your mental 'homebase' 52/7/24. Then it begs the question why even follow the Bills? It is not your right. It is a privilege. Take it for such.

And yes, my rose colored glasses fit nice and the Kool-aid tastes super. It is better than feeling like I should jump off a cliff, by the way.

by how much he will win, we may never know.

Hey, so I am being antithetical and pugilistic to the naysayers of the current state of the Bills.  But the last I checked, we are 0-0 like the rest of the league.  History indicates the Redskins, for all their offseason 'activity', will likely fizzle in mediocrity and the Dolphins will somehow self-implode.  Both of which should allow Bills fans some level of comfort at this point in time.

Marv will deliver as he always has.  The Bills will surely surprise most fans this upcoming season.  There is no where to go but up for the Bills (and yes I fully understand 2-14 is not 'up' but they are no where near headed for that record - jeez we play the jets twice). 

The offseason was built for optimism; how can one be negative now, unless of course that is your mental 'homebase' 52/7/24.  Then it begs the question why even follow the Bills? It is not your right.  It is a privilege.  Take it for such.

And yes, my rose colored glasses fit nice and the Kool-aid tastes super.  It is better than feeling like I should jump off a cliff, by the way.

634752[/snapback]

I was leery of Marv and Co. early on but his latest moves have me seeing the big picture(as do they). I think this team will be improved but I'm still concerned over the QB position. I know we haven't seen JP's full potential but the addition of a savvy vet at the QB spot could help.

Then it begs the question why even follow the Bills? It is not your right.  It is a privilege.  Take it for such.

634752[/snapback]

I don't really know what to make of Marv or this offseason so far but I do know this, what you posted is dung :devil:

I don't really know what to make of Marv or this offseason so far but I do know this, what you posted is dung  :devil:

634770[/snapback]

I will see your ;) and raise you a :) . There.

I second that opinion, IndyMark.

Folks in Buffalo and around the league will be shocked at how well the Bills do in '06, and the naysayers will all feel shame!

634756[/snapback]

I am thinking that, thus far, our aquisitions look at whole lot like New England did before 2001. I'm not saying we're winning the super bowl. I just think we're headed in the right direction. Less veteran all-pros, more young gamers.

Fabini would have been nice though.

It's amazing to me but to many on here, Marv can do no wrong.

634914[/snapback]

Actually, no one said that. However, it is just as interesting (using your logic) that so many here think ALL that Marv has done is wrong.

That is perplexing, given:

(a) He has not even been on the job 6 months.

(b) Free Agency has not even ended.

© The draft has not occured.

(d) Summer Camp has not happened.

(e) Pre-season has not happened.

(f) We have not played our first game yet.

While I may not agree with every move Marv has made, I decided to give him time and let him do it his way. I am fairly confident he will not seek my (or anyone here at TBD) opinion on football matters.

Why is it so imperative or impressive to be a naysayer? Trust is actually a good thing, especially when speaking about something so completely irrelevant to the big picture of life such as the NFL.

Sure Marv ought to be critiqued as an NFL GM; the problem is that no one, absolutely no one, here on this board (me included) has one iota of an idea of how to assess him (outside of W-L record); which ironically supports my contention that it is too early to say good or bad.

Marv will make mistakes....everyone does (except maybe the negative posters here who probably do not do anything risky enough to fail at anything) so why is it so important to try to pick on Marv now, when he has not been given enough time to be judged?

Can we not wait until Late November?

At this point, I don't have a clue what the team will even look like (starters I mean) let alone what their record will be. This I am pretty sure of though: it can't get too much worst than last year when all things are considered. We were coming of a great run the previous year, had a great D and special teams, and a new young qb who we all thought would make mistakes (mostly bad decisions) but would probably wow us with his arms and legs enough times to make up for it. Well, aside from strong special teams, everything else was at the very least a disappointment. The expectations were so high, and the product was so bad. I think last year's shitshow was enough of a kick to the nutz that most will not automatically assume we're playoff bound. Also the regime change should lessen the "BS" coming out of OBD. It would be hard to think next year could screw with my emotions as much as last year so that's a plus. Then again, it is the Bills we're talking about...... :lol:

Actually, no one said that.  However, it is just as interesting (using your logic) that so many here think ALL that Marv has done is wrong.

That is perplexing, given:

(a) He has not even been on the job 6 months.

(b) Free Agency has not even ended.

© The draft has not occured.

(d) Summer Camp has not happened.

(e) Pre-season has not happened.

(f) We have not played our first game yet.

While I may not agree with every move Marv has made, I decided to give him time and let him do it his way.  I am fairly confident he will not seek my (or anyone here at TBD) opinion on football matters.

Why is it so imperative or impressive to be a naysayer?  Trust is actually a good thing, especially when speaking about something so completely irrelevant to the big picture of life such as the NFL.

Sure Marv ought to be critiqued as an NFL GM; the problem is that no one, absolutely no one, here on this board (me included) has one iota of an idea of how to assess him (outside of W-L record); which ironically supports my contention that it is too early to say good or bad.

Marv will make mistakes....everyone does (except maybe the negative posters here who probably do not do anything risky enough to fail at anything) so why is it so important to try to pick on Marv now, when he has not been given enough time to be judged?

Can we not wait until Late November?

634931[/snapback]

I Agree 100%