"Buffalo Wings"

This should really be on the Discovery Channel. "Search for the Real Wings".

No, they aren't all the same. Mine are pretty damn good. But we're concentrating on bars. I have no idea who makes good wings, they sure don't in any bar I've been in in 15 years.

633935[/snapback]

I was actually on the TV Food Network preparing a few dishes and one was Buffalo Wings. The guy afterwords said "did you see how he coated the wings in the sauce by shaking them up in a small bucket with a top. That's the true and best way to do it." The other key: cook them in very hot oil while they're still partially frozen so they cook longer and stay moist. That way they get VERY crispy.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually on the TV Food Network preparing a few dishes and one was Buffalo Wings.  The guy afterwords said "did you see how he coated the wings in the sauce by shaking them up in a small bucket with a top.  That's the true and best way to do it."  The other key:  cook them in very hot oil while they're still partially frozen so they cook longer and stay moist.  That way they get VERY crispy.

633953[/snapback]

:lol:

That guy had no business being on a cooking production. My long-passed ancestors knew how to coat things!

This should really be on the Discovery Channel. "Search for the Real Wings".

No, they aren't all the same. Mine are pretty damn good. But we're concentrating on bars. I have no idea who makes good wings, they sure don't in any bar I've been in in 15 years.

633935[/snapback]

I think we should go to the Discovery Channel with your idea. Maybe they'll give us money to make a show.

We could even try to get your boy William Shatner to host it :lol:

I was actually on the TV Food Network preparing a few dishes and one was Buffalo Wings.  The guy afterwords said "did you see how he coated the wings in the sauce by shaking them up in a small bucket with a top.  That's the true and best way to do it."  The other key:  cook them in very hot oil while they're still partially frozen so they cook longer and stay moist.  That way they get VERY crispy.

633953[/snapback]

Duh? Hot oil? Who would have thought?

I still prefer the pre-salting method to get crispy plus tender. I'm not making jerkey.

Buffalo? for food?

Not a lot going on in Sasquatch, Oregon, is there?

634021[/snapback]

Nah, not the only reason. Just feeling like I need a little more adventure in my life. Getting bored of living in the same state. :lol: I also like to travel to different places and explore. I was in Niagara Falls for a couple of days and loved it there. I didn't have enough time to really experience the NE like I wanted to. B-)

Nah, not the only reason.  Just feeling like I need a little more adventure in my life.  Getting bored of living in the same state.  :lol:  I also like to travel to different places and explore.  I was in Niagara Falls for a couple of days and loved it there.  I didn't have enough time to really experience the NE like I wanted to.  B-)

634038[/snapback]

Getting antsy? That happens. Sometimes we all need a change. I'm looking at Southern France, for a while. My conservative friends would call me a traitor. Those nasty French people suck. Got a line on southern Greece too, through a Polish connection believe it or not. Nobody is bitching about them yet. Better watch out for them Polish people. They might want to run our ports or something.

Us Polacks are pretty savvy.

Getting antsy? That happens. Sometimes we all need a change. I'm looking at Southern France, for a while. My conservative friends would call me a traitor. Those nasty French people suck. Got a line on southern Greece too, through a Polish connection believe it or not. Nobody is bitching about them yet. Better watch out for them Polish people. They might want to run our ports or something.

634053[/snapback]

I hear southern France is really pretty. Yeah, the people suck but the scenery seems nice. I don't think I could live in Greece but it would be nice to visit just to experience it.

yeah, what's up with the ranch dressing side dish ---- real wing eaters do it with blue cheese

633768[/snapback]

You should see some of the looks I get from waitresses when I ask for bleu cheese instead of ranch. They act like I'M the infidel.

At my dad's restaurant he had the best damn wings I ever had.  This was probably 30 years ago, so this was the Buffalo Wing heyday.  The sauce was the best.  I asked him where he got the recipe and he told me it was a secret.  Well one day I was breaking down boxes and one was the Durkee Frank's hot sauce box.  And on the side was their Buffalo Wing sauce recipe.  Secret sauce my ass.  :lol:

Ancient Chinese secret, huh?

634053[/snapback]

Traitor. :lol:

I actually wouldn't mind southern France. Paris would make my skin crawl though.

I hear southern France is really pretty.  Yeah, the people suck but the scenery seems nice.  I don't think I could live in Greece but it would be nice to visit just to experience it.

634092[/snapback]

Glad it doesn't bother you what either of us think. Greece is actually pretty cool. If you know the right people.

I need a change. I'm mostly talking to myself, not you.

I was in Niagara Falls for a couple of days and loved it there.  I didn't have enough time to really experience the NE like I wanted to.  B-)

634038[/snapback]

That's where I'm from. :lol: You could've stopped by my grandmother's place for some AWESOME Italian food! Now I'm hungry....

CW

Traitor.  :lol:

I actually wouldn't mind southern France. Paris would make my skin crawl though.

634103[/snapback]

Yeah, Paris definitely sucks. Even Olivier left. He's a terrorist, now.Gotta watch them there French terrorists.

I agree don't call cooked and flavored chicken wings Buffalo wings!

Sorry, but Buffalo did not invent the "Chicken Wing"  The preparation is the "Buffalo Wing."  That is a specific way of preparing the wings with a specific sauce/coating.  So if a restaurant wants to serve wings done differently, I don't see a problem as long as they don't call them Buffalo Wings.

633781[/snapback]

That's where I'm from. B-)  You could've stopped by my grandmother's place for some AWESOME Italian food!  Now I'm hungry....

CW

634127[/snapback]

Hmmm...cool! I remember that next time I'm there. :D I will be going back soon. I gotta go try those garbage plates you guys keep talking about too. They sound.....interesting. :lol:

Glad it doesn't bother you what either of us think. Greece is actually pretty cool. If you know the right people.

I need a change. I'm mostly talking to myself, not you.

634117[/snapback]

Eh, that's cool. I was kinda talking to myself too. :lol: