Wow, it is worse than ever

Yoho

I do not post here often but have been following this board since Bob Lamb used to post on the Prodigy Board. I believe that would be the mid-90's. Getting on-line included a lot of fax noises and beeps.

The thing I am most amazed about is the animosity toward Ralph Wilson and Marv Levy. Yes, THEY ARE OLD. They are also responsible for a football team being (and staying) in Buffalo, New York (Ralph) and the most successful period in Buffalo Bills history (Marv).

Neither one of them shows any signs of dementia ( that would be old age) in any way except in Ralph's voice. My guess would be that many here who are making fun have voices that break at the sight of a Mel Kiper scouting report, not to mention a pair of 36-C's..

Every year, so many of you want us to sign every 30-some has been that used to be all-pro and have a fit when it does not happen. We are now in full-blown "we are doomed" mode, before the draft and the end of free agency. Will you at least look at the roster going into training camp before declaring defeat?

Last year, this team beat Cincy at home when it meant something and should have easily beat New England and Miami. That was without Spikes. I am not claiming that this team is a playoff team, but how can you give up already??????

Be VERY GLAD that we still have the Buffalo Bills, that is a long shot to begin with. Stop with the Ralph Depends jokes, alzhiemers references and other predictable old guy jokes. They are predictable and stupid.

I am not asking you to put on rose-colored glasses, just asking you to recognize what a ridiculous long-shot it is for Buffalo, New York to have a franchsie in the most successful sport there is and appreciate what happened more than three days ago when we didnt sign the pro-bowler player du jour.

I do not post here often but have been following this board since Bob Lamb used to post on the Prodigy Board.  I believe that would be the mid-90's.  Getting on-line included a lot of fax noises and beeps.

The thing I am most amazed about is the animosity toward Ralph Wilson and Marv Levy.  Yes, THEY ARE OLD.  They are also responsible for a football team being (and staying) in Buffalo, New York (Ralph) and the most successful period in Buffalo Bills history (Marv).

Neither one of them shows any signs of dementia ( that would be old age) in any way except in Ralph's voice.  My guess would be that many here who are making fun have voices that break at the sight of a Mel Kiper scouting report, not to mention a pair of 36-C's..

Every year, so many of you want us to sign every 30-some has been that used to be all-pro and have a fit when it does not happen.  We are now in full-blown "we are doomed" mode, before the draft and the end of free agency.  Will you at least look at the roster going into training camp before declaring defeat?

Last year, this team beat Cincy at home when it meant something and should have easily beat New England and Miami.  That was without Spikes.  I am not claiming that this team is a playoff team, but how can you give up already??????

Be VERY GLAD that we still have the Buffalo Bills, that is a long shot to begin with.  Stop with the Ralph Depends jokes, alzhiemers references and other predictable old guy jokes.  They are predictable and stupid.

I am not asking you to put on rose-colored glasses, just asking you to recognize what a ridiculous long-shot it is for Buffalo, New York to have a franchsie in the most successful sport there is and appreciate what happened more than three days ago when we didnt sign the pro-bowler player du jour.

631520[/snapback]

I think many people on this board are just frustrated with a six year playoff drought and the thought of a franchise record seventh straight...not to mention that this team seems to be in a perpetual state of disarray with a front office direction that can best be called uncertain. Having said that, I agree with you that some of the personal barbs lobbed at Ralph and Marv are unwarranted. Ageism is a little recognized discrimination that is alive and well, unfortunately. How ironic that many of the same people making 'Depends' jokes about Mr. Wilson are probably barely out of diapers themselves. In the immortal words of George Bernard Shaw, "Youth is wasted on the young."

All in all, a nice post Yoho. BTW, I'm partial to 36Cs myself so it's not just the whippersnappers on this board. :lol:

GO BILLS!!!

Must agree with these posts. I have no issues with Marv and Ralph. Certainly Marv deserves a chance and Ralph has spent money on big name free agents in the past.

For me it is all about frustration with our current and recent performance. What makes it worse is the feeling that the Bills are far away from contending (no light at the end of the tunnel).

Ahhhhhhh...makes too much sense....brain can't handle it!!!

PTR

631588[/snapback]

It does?

:lol:

We should be happy that we have a team....even if they suck out loud? Sorry, not buying it. Yes, thanks Ralph for giving us a team. Now, please sell it to someone who has a clue what the hell they're doing....someone like Golisano.

I do not post here often but have been following this board since Bob Lamb used to post on the Prodigy Board.  I believe that would be the mid-90's.  Getting on-line included a lot of fax noises and beeps.

631520[/snapback]

I miss Bob's posts from the old days on the Prodigy Bills Board... That was long before the Bills, Buffalo News or anyone had "Websites" and Bob was kind enough to keep us out of town fans provided with all the news.... Thanks for reminding us. And Bob, if you're reading, Thanks.. :lol:

It does?

:lol:

We should be happy that we have a team....even if they suck out loud? Sorry, not buying it. Yes, thanks Ralph for giving us a team. Now, please sell it to someone who has a clue what the hell they're doing....someone like Golisano.

631665[/snapback]

Be careful what you ask for. When Ralph (or his heirs) sell it may not be to Golisano but some California whiz kid billionaire that wants a new toy in Los Angeles. Off into history like the Buffalo Braves. Ralph could have moved this team numerous times and my guess is gave up some good money not to do so.

So, I am sorry that the Bills "suck out loud" as you so elequently put it, but I remain forever in Ralph's debt for giving me 45 years of fall Sundays and frankly providing Western New York whatever little pride that is left.