Tyson Walter Houston

Seth McKinney Miami

Bob Hallen San Diego

Bill Conaty Arizona

Jeff Mitchell Carolina

Brock Gutierrez Detroit

Mike Flanagan Green Bay

Melvin Fowler Minnesota

All of these centers are unrestricted. McKinney, Mitchell and Flanagan are the only ones of this group with significant starting experience and if/when we officially leave Trey Teague off the roster we going to need a center with experience AT THE CENTER POSITION to take his place. I'm not sold on Preston just yet, he played well in his first start for Chris Villarrial. However, he did look lost in most of his other appearances and I hope that is because he was mostly playing Guard instead of Center. I'd like Duke to have a year, maybe two behind an experienced Center like Mitchell or Flanagan.

the sticking point to all this is that the teams are not going to willingly part with any of these guys, so we'd probably have to overpay them a bit. I'm alright with that because I truly believe that Center has been a major weakness on this offensive line since we lost Jerry Ostrowski to that broken leg. If any of those three can be brought in without severly hampering our draft...Git-R-Done Marv.

Doesnt appear on NFL.com's FA list. Still shows him as an active member of the Browns. I wonder if he'll move to guard or if Cleveland will be willing to trade him now that they have Bentley.

if the bills trade down in the draft i'd love to see them get mangold from osu. i'm not really thrilled by any of the free agent centers out there

631228[/snapback]

Mangold looks to be a high 2nd round pick...he might fall to us in the second, but I doubt it. I can't see the need to bring in another rookie when there are 3 experienced vets out there. If we cant sign any of them...heck I wouldnt be opposed to Mangold I think he's one of best centers to come out in a long time.

Current FA Centers

Mike Pukecillo Cleveland

Tyson Walter Houston

Seth McKinney Miami

Bob Hallen San Diego

Bill Conaty Arizona

Jeff Mitchell Carolina

Brock Gutierrez Detroit

Mike Flanagan Green Bay

Melvin Fowler Minnesota

All of these centers are unrestricted.  McKinney, Mitchell and Flanagan are the only ones of this group with significant starting experience and if/when we officially leave Trey Teague off the roster we going to need a center with experience AT THE CENTER POSITION to take his place.  I'm not sold on Preston just yet, he played well in his first start for Chris Villarrial.  However, he did look lost in most of his other appearances and I hope that is because he was mostly playing Guard instead of Center.  I'd like Duke to have a year, maybe two behind an experienced Center like Mitchell or Flanagan. 

the sticking point to all this is that the teams are not going to willingly part with any of these guys, so we'd probably have to overpay them a bit.  I'm alright with that because I truly believe that Center has been a major weakness on this offensive line since we lost Jerry Ostrowski to that broken leg.  If any of those three can be brought in without severly hampering our draft...Git-R-Done Marv.

631120[/snapback]

Nick Mangold in the second round would be my choice.

I thought he was trade material.  I hadn't heard they would release him.

631253[/snapback]

Thats what Kffl was reporting, I guess they are looking to trade him. I like Faine a lot, just never seems to be able to stay healthy. Wonder what they want for him. I've been on the Mangold bandwagon for a few months now....If he's there in the second he's a Must Pick (not sure if he'll make it to the 2nd but if he did I always thought the Titans would steal him, now they've got Mawae so ya never know).

Current FA Centers

Mike Pukecillo Cleveland

Tyson Walter Houston

Seth McKinney Miami

Bob Hallen San Diego

Bill Conaty Arizona

Jeff Mitchell Carolina

Brock Gutierrez Detroit

Mike Flanagan Green Bay

Melvin Fowler Minnesota

631120[/snapback]

I heard that Duke Preston is available....Get'r done

Current FA Centers

Mike Pukecillo Cleveland

Tyson Walter Houston

Seth McKinney Miami

Bob Hallen San Diego

Bill Conaty Arizona

Jeff Mitchell Carolina

Brock Gutierrez Detroit

Mike Flanagan Green Bay

Melvin Fowler Minnesota

631120[/snapback]

There's 1 more... Trey Teague.

I'd almost rather bring him back :lol: than just give the job to an unproven scrub like Preston.

There's 1 more... Trey Teague.

I'd almost rather bring him back  :lol:  than just give the job to an unproven scrub like Preston.

631356[/snapback]

Sweet, give it to a proven scrub...I'd rather move Trey back to tackle than give him another season as center

Sweet, give it to a proven scrub...I'd rather move Trey back to tackle than give him another season as center

631362[/snapback]

I said almost. :lol:

I want Mangold in the 2nd. Mitchell or Flanagan would be OK as stop-gaps.