WHO'S LEFT

vinuch

Anything good left for Marv to sign.

630985[/snapback]

Not sure. Does the NFL have a senior NFL league like in Golf? SNFL or something like that? Cuz if they do, most of the guys who are left might be opting to play there.

Tackles

Jon Runyan

Brad Hopkins

Jason Fabini

Kenyatta Walker

Tom Ashworth

Victor Riley

Anthony Clement

Ephraim Salaam

Guards

Vince Manuwai (RFA)

Stephen Neal

Matt Stinchcomb

Tutan Reyes

Ron Stone

Reggie Wells (RFA)

Center

Mike Flanagan

Jeff Mitchell

Melvin Fowler

DT

Grady Jackson

Russell Davis

Travis Hall

Lional Dalton

Brandon Noble

DeQuincy Scott (too light for us, but interesting player)

Safety

Chris Hope

Idrees Bashir

Tank Williams

Scratch Hope off the list.

Titans | Hope agrees to terms

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:56:07 -0800

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans have agreed to terms with free agent S Chris Hope (Steelers). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Didnt the Titans have like...no money?

Okay, after looking at those players, I'd be thrilled if the Bills ended up with RT Jon Runyan, G Derrick Dockery and C Seth McKinney for the Offensive Line. For the defensive line, Defensive Tackles Russell Davis and Ron Edwards. And then add Joseph Jefferson at Safety. That would make this a pretty good offseason. :lol:

I suspect Marv is attempting to follow the Belechek/Pioli model with the emphasis on hard working, character players. I took this off the Patriots board as they are flipping out over all the players they are losing. I think Mike32282 is close to what Marv is attempting to do.

PATRIOTS OFFSEASON SURVIVAL GUIDE (One man's opinion)

The recipe that has worked for the Patriots for the past several years....DOES not usually offer us, the "patriot" fan much excitement in the days of free agency....or the draft.

This you MUST get used to.

Do NOT expect many "star studded", or big name free agency signings for huge cash....from the Belichick led Patriots. DO expect a few LATE signings of FA players who's names you do not quickly recognize, that get signed for average/league minimum money. YOU may not know their names.....but odds are Belichick and Pioli....HAVE BEEN WATCHING them all year.....they may do well here....or they may be a bust.....but they are very low risk financially for the most part. During this time of year....EXPECT to watch the talking heads on ESPN/other Sports stations.....briefly talk about the FA moves by the Patriots, scratch their heads, look at each other blankly.....and then move on to the next team.....that just signed a "HUGE, BIG NAME star" to their roster for 100 million over 4 years.......

DO not EXPECT to read anything in the newspapers or free agency/rumor websites about possible trades or aquisitions by the Patriots......IF you don't expect this.....you won't be disappointed everyday....when every other team has "moves" listed......and the Pats column is blank.......

DO I AGREE with every player move he has made......OF course not.........BUT I have gotten used to the Belichick style and method in terms of the FA and draft process......and quite often......you have to just sit back, wait, and watch......

I suspect Marv is attempting to follow the Belechek/Pioli model with the emphasis on hard working, character players. I took this off the Patriots board as they are flipping out over all the players they are losing. I think Mike32282 is close to what Marv is attempting to do.

PATRIOTS OFFSEASON SURVIVAL GUIDE (One man's opinion)

The recipe that has worked for the Patriots for the past several years....DOES not usually offer us, the "patriot" fan much excitement in the days of free agency....or the draft.

This you MUST get used to.

Do NOT expect many "star studded", or big name free agency signings for huge cash....from the Belichick led Patriots. DO expect a few LATE signings of FA players who's names you do not quickly recognize, that get signed for average/league minimum money. YOU may not know their names.....but odds are Belichick and Pioli....HAVE BEEN WATCHING them all year.....they may do well here....or they may be a bust.....but they are very low risk financially for the most part. During this time of year....EXPECT to watch the talking heads on ESPN/other Sports stations.....briefly talk about the FA moves by the Patriots, scratch their heads, look at each other blankly.....and then move on to the next team.....that just signed a "HUGE, BIG NAME star" to their roster for 100 million over 4 years.......

DO not EXPECT to read anything in the newspapers or free agency/rumor websites about possible trades or aquisitions by the Patriots......IF you don't expect this.....you won't be disappointed everyday....when every other team has "moves" listed......and the Pats column is blank.......

DO I AGREE with every player move he has made......OF course not.........BUT I have gotten used to the Belichick style and method in terms of the FA and draft process......and quite often......you have to just sit back, wait, and watch......

631533[/snapback]

This is all great and all, but it's also conjured up by watching too much ESPN.

Because everyone seems to forget the Pats went out and got Corey Dillon, Rodney Harrison, Brandon Gorin, Richard Seymour, Rosey Colvin, among others did they not? I'm sure there are more. Matter of fact, I'd bet my ass on it, but I'm not a Pats fan, so I don't know the particulars. However, these were all established studs when they were acquired.

And if I'm not mistaken, Dillon and Harrison were both "whiners" with their previous teams.

So, my only question is.....when do we go out and do that too?

Seymour was drafted, they went out and got Vrabel, Brian Cox, Antowain Smith, Marc Edwards and others the first year they one. They did add Harrison, Colvin(FA) and Dillon (trade). point was they don't make big early splash in FA ala Snyder and survive.