Lets get something straight

JPL7

ok, first off before i get flamed on by a number of you, lets get this straight. i am not a JP lover nor am I a JP hater. i am what every single one of us on this board should be and that is a JP supporter.

now what exactly does that mean u may ask? that means i am supporting a young, raw talented QB who has been given no time to develop or show what he can or cannot do. those of you out there who say JP sucks (not just in Bills land, but to all who have said this) how do u know?????? he has played a total of what 8 games in 2 years and your telling me, u can judge from that if this kid can play or not??? and not only that he has played behind a block of swiss cheese for a line. i dont care who u put back there, you will NOT succeed. throw Vick, Manning, Brees, Brady, u name them and they will at best struggle. let alone a kid who basically missed an entire year due to injury and was yanked a handful of games into the season last year by a coaching staff who was scared to lose there jobs and let a kid develop.

now i am by no means stating that he will blow the league up and be the next Brett Favre either. he may be a bust or just an average QB down the road. thats just it, i dont know, you dont know, nobody knows. a QB should be given a minimum 3 years to show what he is worth. and considering jp basically missed all of his rookie year, as far as im concerned he has one year minimum and more likely two years, to truly show us what he's got. so to all of you douche bags out there saying we should draft jay cutler or some other QB with our first pick, all i can is Thank the Lord you arent our GM. u know who a lot of people are comparing Cutler too...... someone by the name of JP Losman. so yea lets draft a QB who is compared to someone we already currently have! i mean that wont set us back another 3 years or anything would it?! that makes sense right?!  :doh: 

and one more thing, stop wishing/rooting that god damn Kelly Holcomb is going to be our starter. if u think KH is going to lead us anywhere, you are delusional. he has been a journeymen in this league for a reason folks. he was signed to be an insurance policy and tutor to JP, not a frickin starter. KH has the ability to maybe not lose a game, thats it, he will not be the one to win games, let alone on a consistent basis. sure show me the stats from last year, stating KH had better stats then JP with the same line blah blah blah. I would god hope so, hes been in the league for 10 years. and the conservative way he would distribute the ball (lots of screens and short passes) made his stats much better then they really were. JP has much more upside for the long haul. if we dont make the playoffs this year, due to taking our lumps with JP at the helm, then so be it. id rather take our lumps now, then float in mediocrity for another 3 or 4 years.

so go a head and flame away at me. but im right and if you guys cant see this, you are blind. please tell me there is someone else out there in bills land who sees things the way i do. i cant be the only realistic person on here can i??

629931[/snapback]

What these football 'experts' on these boards fail to realize is that we need an offensive line or no quarterback will do anything. The typical middle class low life fan just thinks Tom Brady does everything himself by magic. Fools

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Losman never saw the field his first year, either.  (I believe you said this will be LP's thrid year..technically, it is...but it will be only his second getting any playing time.)  The question is how much PT did each get their second year?

630704[/snapback]

I guess you never watch the games. Losman did get on the field his first year. Remember the New England fiasco? ;):doh:

What these football 'experts' on these boards fail to realize is that we need an offensive line or no quarterback will do anything. The typical middle class low life fan just thinks Tom Brady does everything himself by magic. Fools

630725[/snapback]

Yeah cause most people think that magic is a part of football.

Sup Harry Potter?

If you watched that whole game, you'd probably notice the rest of the team didn't show up on the field either.

That was just more meathead magic. "So you haven't taken any practice reps and you are just coming off of a broken leg... Meanwhile, the defending champs are devouring us. Get in there, kid!"

F---ing Mularkey.

VA please tell me you are not counting the little bit of time he got thrown into the fire (or under the bus if you want to call it that) against the world champs at their stadium.....

630744[/snapback]

Palmer didn't even get that his first year. Yet his second year he came in with NO, NONE, NADA and did well for a true player who never even had a chance to experience a game at full speed.

I guess you never watch the games.  Losman did get on the field his first year.  Remember the New England fiasco?  ;)  :doh:

630737[/snapback]

'

I know better than to say "never" I NEVER do, really. :w00t:

But, the truth of the matter is, in that year he threw FIVE passes (and completed three, BTW).

The point was, he was injured for most of his rookie year.

Palmer didn't even get that his first year.  Yet his second year he came in with NO, NONE, NADA and did well for a true player who never even had a chance to experience a game at full speed.

630749[/snapback]

Yet he hadn't broken his leg and he probably took a good share of practice reps all season. Make no mistake, Palmer definitely got more experience in his first year than did Losman.

ok, first off before i get flamed on by a number of you, lets get this straight. i am not a JP lover nor am I a JP hater. i am what every single one of us on this board should be and that is a JP supporter.

so go a head and flame away at me. but im right and if you guys cant see this, you are blind. please tell me there is someone else out there in bills land who sees things the way i do. i cant be the only realistic person on here can i??

629931[/snapback]

People forget that Terry Bradshaw, Elway and Aikman all were terrible in their 1st years as starters. Sure they were all thrown in as rookies but JP had only a little experience prior to last season. I guess some of us were disappointed after all the positive vibes coming from OBD in the prior offseason from TD, Wyche, and Mularkey about how much work JP was putting in and how much he was improving. Well, none of that was in live action. I say "Give the kid some more time". Evaen Tim Couch got a reasonable amount of time before he was tossed away.

People forget that Terry Bradshaw, Elway and Aikman all were terrible in their 1st years as starters.  Sure they were all thrown in as rookies but JP had only a little experience prior to last season.  I guess some of us were disappointed after all the positive vibes coming from OBD in the prior offseason from TD, Wyche, and Mularkey about how much work JP was putting in and how much he was improving. Well, none of that was in live action.  I say "Give the kid some more time".  Evaen Tim Couch got a reasonable amount of time before he was tossed away.

630774[/snapback]

I pretty much agree with that. Plus i have to add that coming into the season it was assumed that JP only would have to manage games and not lose them, due to our high powered defense. Well that assumption went to crap in a hurry, with our D last year he would have lost a few games had he been perfect.