4 words Bills fans must understand, NOW!

Miami got Culpepper and the Jets are likely to get Leinart. It's over, forget about, there is NO WAY we can be competative this year in our conference. I don't care if we finish again this year 5-11 again. Lets be honest here, Miami is at least twice as good as the Bills now, the Jets will be extremely good once Leinart is in town, and the Patriots.....we you know. Levy even said we are going to rebuild this team. It going to be hard on fans to see us not do good this year but we are basically going into seclusion like the Bengals did for 2 years and look at what happened to them last year. They made the playoffs.

It seems like Buffalo fans like myself and others get way too overconfident and expect this team to make the playoffs every year. Yes we have a very long drought of not making the playoffs, but that is because we don't let this team rebuild. Lets just get one this straight, if we don't make the playoffs this year which is all but inevitable, lets not put the blame on the coaches, or Jauron, or Levy. And in the end fire our HC and have to rebuild this team all over again. Look at these team that made the playoffs over the past years. They were teams that were absolutely awful in the late 90s, but given time to bond with there HC and GM over several year the team came together and made the playoffs/superbowl. Like the Patriots (bad in the late 90s but good after a few years with Belichick as the HC. And the fans SUPPORTED this. Look at what happened to team after turn of the millenium. We need to do the same.

It will be hard but we need to support this team more even when this team is doing bad. It's not all going to come together like that in one year. Everything about this team is NEW. Our GM, HC, Assistant coach, and players. So if this team does miss the playoffs again the fans got to stop blaming everyone in this organization for the bad season and live with it for however long it take to rebuild this team. Right now this team coaching staff is perfect. Jauron is a very good HC, and we got Marv back with this team at a new position in his career (which may take a few years to get used to since he was our former HC and left the NFL for some time.) So this year and possibly next year we need to start saying these words in our head and start rebuilding this team. FORGET ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS. :doh:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even any hope then.  It will likely be the same UNLESS we get Ngata and Culpepper and Leinart get ACL injury's either in training camp or in the preseason.

629724[/snapback]

According to Vikes fans in my office, Culpepper isn't expected to even be able to play until halfway through the season...

CW

Bottom of the league this year. People shouldn't get all bent out of shape and just recognize it's a rebuilding project. If Marv can turn around the disaster that TD left in TWO years it will be a major miracle. Figure this draft and next years draft with a top 5 pick, another free agency class in 07', clear out as much cap space as possible for that and build for two-three-four years from now. That's the best that Bills fans can hope for.

Are you kidding me?! Leinart will be a ROOKIE QB. He didn't even look all that great in college last year either despite having an NFL caliber supporting cast. Culpepper hasn't been the same since he lost Moss.

While I don't necessarily disagree with your conclusion, the way you arrived there is absurd.

Miami got Culpepper and the Jets are likely to get Leinart.  It's over, forget about, there is NO WAY we can be competative this year in our conference.  I don't care if we finish again this year 5-11 again.  Lets be honest here, Miami is at least twice as good as the Bills now, the Jets will be extremely good once Leinart is in town, and the Patriots.....we you know. 

629697[/snapback]

I don't necessarily disagree with your premise...BUT:

Culpepper probably won't be healthy enough to contribute much to Miami THIS year...even if he is, I don't expect much from him in Miami. I'm really glad they didn't get Brees.

Leinart means NOTHING this year. Do you think he starts if they pick him? If he does, you think he stars in his rookie year? While it's possible, there is no good reason to think it is probable.

We may not make the playoffs this year, but it won't be because of these two QBs.

Not even any hope then.  It will likely be the same UNLESS we get Ngata and Culpepper and Leinart get ACL injury's either in training camp or in the preseason.

629724[/snapback]

What if we get Ngata and Culpepper and Leinart get achilles injuries? Would that be ok?

What if we get Ngata and Culpepper gets an achilles injury and Leinart gets an ACL injury?

What if we get Ngata and Leinart gets an achilles injury and Culpepper gets an ACL injury?

What if we get Ngata and Leinart gets a rotator cuff injury and Culpepper gets an ACL injury?

What if we get Ngata and Leinart gets an achilles injury and Culpepper gets a rotator cuff injury?

What if the fish actually don't get a secondary? They don't have one now? Will that help?

What if the Jets, who stunk last year, lost Abraham? Would that matter?

I don't necessarily disagree with your premise...BUT:

Culpepper probably won't be healthy enough to contribute much to Miami THIS year...even if he is, I don't expect much from him in Miami.  I'm really glad they didn't get Brees.

Leinart means NOTHING this year.  Do you think he starts if they pick him?  If he does, you think he stars in his rookie year?  While it's possible, there is no good reason to think it is probable.

We may not make the playoffs this year, but it won't be because of these two QBs.

629735[/snapback]

Well we basically have the same situation with JP and Holcomb. A third year player who hasn't proved himself yet or a verteran who spent most of his time as a backup Qb. There is no way were going to be competative.

And yes leinart is better than Pennington because Leinart has a stronger arm and he's not injured like Chad.

No way to tell...I dont expect playoffs.I'm not sold on Leinart either- especially not as a rookie. Von Olhoffen was a huge (pun intended) pick up for the Jests

629744[/snapback]

Ok then. Who would you rather have start as Qb for your team if you had to choose one: Losman, Leinart, or Pennington? Obviously Leinart even if he is a rookie.

Ok then. Who would you rather have start as Qb for your team if you had to choose one: Losman, Leinart, or Pennington?  Obviously Leinart even if he is a rookie.

629763[/snapback]

I'd put Leinart third. I dont think he will pan out. I dont know if Lossman will (didnt see one game in college), and I think Pennington is done.

Ok then. Who would you rather have start as Qb for your team if you had to choose one: Losman, Leinart, or Pennington?  Obviously Leinart even if he is a rookie.

629763[/snapback]

Are you NUTS? I'd take JP all day every day. Leinart has yet to play one snap in the NFL. He may be a TOTAL bust...he might be OK. We know NOTHING about his NFL abilities.

In JP we know we have a guy with a lot of talent...we also know he has some issues (that experience will, hopefully, address). But, we know he can take the snap, can avoid the rush and run and has already taken his "rookie" snaps.

Are you NUTS?  I'd take JP all day every day.  Leinart has yet to play one snap in the NFL.  He may be a TOTAL bust...he might be OK.  We know NOTHING about his NFL abilities.

In JP we know we have a guy with a lot of talent...we also know he has some issues (that experience will, hopefully, address).  But, we know he can take the snap, can avoid the rush and run and has already taken his "rookie" snaps.

629770[/snapback]

I'd take the Notre Dame QB over any of them

In JP we know we have a guy with a lot of talent...we also know he has some issues (that experience will, hopefully, address).  But, we know he can take the snap, can avoid the rush and run and has already taken his "rookie" snaps.

629770[/snapback]

This year will be the year, JP will have to prove he belongs on this team.

This year will be the year, JP will have to prove he belongs on this team.

629776[/snapback]

On THAT we agree. Hopefully, the coaches will put him in a position to succeed.