WOW......CHANGES COMING FAST AND FURIOUS!

sven233

OK, in the last hour we have had the following that will affect not only our division, but the entire top of the draft as well:

BREES to NO

CULLPEPPER to MIAMI

RAMSEY to NY

So, talk about changes! This shakes the foundation of the entire Top 10 picks in the draft!!!

No way New Orleans takes a QB now.....so who do they take? Mario Williams? D'BRICK? Them having a star QB now changes everything!

The Jets now have Ramsey....what does this mean? Is he going to be their starter? Compete for the starting job? Backup for Pennington? Compete with a rookie that they draft at 4? I really doubt that they draft a QB at 4 now, but it is still possible. Do they go QB, draft DA BRICK? Maybe even consider Hawk at this point?

All that I know is that all these moves have affected us in some way and all the mock drafts that were out there before are completely wrong and have been turned upside down!

Crickets chirping at the old folks home at OBD.

629094[/snapback]

So far.......if we were to sign Pickett today, I will like our DT combination. But this ignoring of the Offensive Line is starting to get to me.

Guess there really isn't much we could have done, but I guess I would have been open to giving Bentley the money he got.

I would have given Bentley his money, traded our 8th pick, and our 2nd, and one of our 3rds to the Saints to move up to 2 to draft DA BRICK.

Even after doing that, you could have still had Triplett for what we gave him. Then, I would have signed Pickett and we would have been in good shape.

I figure this would have been possible because we did have 16 mill to spend. Bentley would have been 6 of it with Triplett taking up another 3 and Pickett somewhere around 4 or 5 mill.

That adds up to around 13-14 mill of the 16 mill we have and still left us enough for the Rookie Pool. Also, Moulds looks to be out of here which would give us an additional 5.5 mill in cap space. I think we could have been very well off here. But, as you say, the crickets are chirping so far.

O-LINE

D"BRICK

GANDY

BENTLEY

VILLERIAL

PETERS

D-LINE

KELSAY

TRIPLETT

PICKETT

SCHOBEL

That would have been better.......

Oh well, guess I would make a terrible GM. But I am glad we brought in the best Blocking TE in the league for 10 Mill!! :P

Miami was the other place that was wooing Brees. If he's signed with NO, I'm actually pleased despite the potential for screwing up Buffalo's first round strategy. Miami QBed by me3ssed up Daunte Culpepper is less dangerous than with Brees. If QBs drop, then Buffalo may find itself a hot trading partner for teams wanting to move up and nab a top QB.

Man, this does mess things up for the early picks in the draft but it could still work out.

Oakland still needs a QB and, at this point, have a good shot at one in the draft.

If Houston doesn't trade their pick, they're likely to draft Bush, or Ferguson or somebody other than a QB, unless they've been blowing smoke.

With New Orleans signing Brees, they are very unlikely to take another QB with such a high pick.

The Jets. If they were to add Ramsey to Pennington, they aren't likely to go QB.

The Titans. They have an aging injury-prone McNair, and a strong backup in Volek, who they invested good money in to keep. However, would they still consider taking Leinhart with the Chow connection? Could be.

Green Bay took Rodgers last year so even if Favre hangs 'em up, aren't going QB.

SF took Smith last year so they aren't taking one.

So, unless one of the teams above the Bills now trades their pick, it's likely one of the top 3 QBs will be there when the Bills draft.

Detroit, having signed Kitna, will likely keep Harrington so they won't trade up for a QB but would they for another position??

Arizona, even if McCown leaves, has Warner with Navarette backing him up. Might they move up for a QB of the future??

How about Cleveland and Baltimore?? Minnesota, by trading Culpepper and going with Brad Johnson could use a QB of the future again.

If all the teams above the Bills keep their picks, it looks like Ferguson, Mario Williams, Hawk, Bush, and 2 QBs will likely be taken. That leaves one more slot before the Bills pick. That could be Vernon Davis by SF.

That leaves it back to Ngata or Huff for the Bills. If the Bills were to sign Pickett, they're not likely to go for Ngata. Like some other posters, I don't like Huff at #8. I'd rather see if someone just below the Bills really want somebody and move down a couple spots and get another pick. Then see who's left. If they stayed in the top 12, Winston Justice could still be there.